Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Levy/Joe Lewis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

haha - no if's or buts - there have been 9 in the job since Jan 2001 - 1.44 per season over 13 yrs

enough of this sillyiness - have a nice weekend Mr Levy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

haha - no if's or buts - there have been 9 in the job since Jan 2001 - 1.44 per season over 13 yrs

enough of this sillyiness - have a nice weekend Mr Levy :)

Ok well by that logic there have been 10: Clive Allen was caretaker as well as Pleat

Bear in mind that the inclusion of caretakers will drastically alter the Premiership average.

Happy Valentine's Day :rolleyes:

someone like Pleat, who was a caretaker for 9 months and had 30 odd games in charge is not the same as a 1 game stop gap like Clive Allen, Steve Perryman or Chris Hughton, Pleat was in charge longer than Santini for instance!!

The other "caretakers" looked after the team for 1 game with (take your pick from) Gerry Francis, Ramos or Harry watching from the stands - it's totally different in all fairness. xx

someone like Pleat, who was a caretaker for 9 months and had 30 odd games in charge is not the same as a 1 game stop gap like Clive Allen, Steve Perryman or Chris Hughton, Pleat was in charge longer than Santini for instance!!

The other "caretakers" looked after the team for 1 game with (take your pick from) Gerry Francis, Ramos or Harry watching from the stands - it's totally different in all fairness. xx

There is a massive difference I agree, but where do you draw the line exactly?

And as I said the stats I had earlier were not including caretakers, so it would majorly alter them.

Apart from all that, your point is that Levy is always sacking managers, yet one of them was there when he arrived, one of them is still there, one of them was a caretaker (therefore can't be sacked), and at least one, maybe 2 (we still don't know to what extent AVB jumped or was pushed) left of their own accord.

So 5 managers have been fired by Levy, of which only 4 were hired by him.

Is there any chance you would stop talking boll0cks? Any chance at all?

The thing is that you actually know all this anyway, as we've been over it before in painstaking detail.

Maybe you're just having a laugh? Is it you Arsene?

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    There is a massive difference I agree, but where do you draw the line exactly?

And as I said the stats I had earlier were not including caretakers, so it would majorly alter them.

Apart from all that, your point is that Levy is always sacking managers, yet one of them was there when he arrived, one of them is still there, one of them was a caretaker (therefore can't be sacked), and at least one, maybe 2 (we still don't know to what extent AVB jumped or was pushed) left of their own accord.

So 5 managers have been fired by Levy, of which only 4 were hired by him.

Is there any chance you would stop talking boll0cks? Any chance at all?

take a long look in the mirror son

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Would now be a good time to mention Fulham have just appointed their 3rd manager this season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Look its all sorted Orm eh no I mean Daniel has a Plan. He is doing his coaching badges thingy online and is going to appoint himself the manager(50 yr contract) thus saving us money. So we will have Chairman/manager and the plan is that when Joe kicks de bucket we will have an owner/chairman/manager.

Then we will have the stability we'v all longed for whether ye shower of bastards like it or not.

We will then be running courses for yee ungreatful peasants to help/instruct yee on how to love the leader unconditionally.

A bit like the great leader of North Korea thingy.

Any dissent or disloyalty will be cured by death and burial at the emirates.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Look its all sorted Orm eh no I mean Daniel has a Plan. He is doing his coaching badges thingy online and is going to appoint himself the manager(50 yr contract) thus saving us money. So we will have Chairman/manager and the plan is that when Joe kicks de bucket we will have an owner/chairman/manager.

Then we will have the stability we'v all longed for whether ye shower of bastards like it or not.

We will then be running courses for yee ungreatful peasants to help/instruct yee on how to love the leader unconditionally.

A bit like the great leader of North Korea thingy.

Any dissent or disloyalty will be cured by death and burial at the emirates.

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

sacked, mutual decison, parted company etc etc etc.....
    they all mean the same thing, Levy got rid of them one way or another

Graham
    Hoddle
    Pleat
    Santini
    Jol
    Ramos
    Redknapp
    AVB
    Sherwood (not sacked yet)

So 9 have served in 13 years.
    That's 13 divided by 9 = 1.44 yrs per manager on average.

The only manager there who would even warrant a slight chance at remaining at the club when they were sacked was Redknapp (not my opinion I was glad he was gone) and AVB (I suppose)

All the rest left because they weren't good enough.

Just imagine if we stuck with George Graham for 10 years, or Hoddle, or Santini, or Ramos, or Jol.

Jesus... I can guarantee that at some point in atleast one of their tenure we'd have been relegated. You'd be happy because we had longevity?

Redknapp was a sinking ship after the 4 months leading up to his sacking. He got himself sacked. England, refusing to sign a contract, demanding a contract. He gave himself his marching orders as any chairman would have had to sack him.

AVB I can't really comment on. It sounds like the only real rash decision of all of them but we don't know the full story.

Sure it was Levy who signed these managers but do you honestly think he would have done this with the plan to sack them soon after? What's the point sticking with a manager who is ****e.

As my quote said, which I'm sure you probably didn't read that either, lots of clubs have had a lot of managers in the same period. Take Aston Villa for example. They were in a similar position to us back in the early to mid 2000's. Now look at the club. Thank Christ that's not us.

You want a manager who will give us both longevity and trophies. We all do but it's not as simple as throwing money at the manager and watching the good times roll in.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    The only manager there who would even warrant a slight chance at remaining at the club when they were sacked was Redknapp (not my opinion I was glad he was gone) and AVB (I suppose)

All the rest left because they weren't good enough.

Just imagine if we stuck with George Graham for 10 years, or Hoddle, or Santini, or Ramos, or Jol.

Jesus... I can guarantee that at some point in atleast one of their tenure we'd have been relegated. You'd be happy because we had longevity?

Redknapp was a sinking ship after the 4 months leading up to his sacking. He got himself sacked. England, refusing to sign a contract, demanding a contract. He gave himself his marching orders as any chairman would have had to sack him.

AVB I can't really comment on. It sounds like the only real rash decision of all of them but we don't know the full story.

Sure it was Levy who signed these managers but do you honestly think he would have done this with the plan to sack them soon after? What's the point sticking with a manager who is ****e.

As my quote said, which I'm sure you probably didn't read that either, lots of clubs have had a lot of managers in the same period. Take Aston Villa for example. They were in a similar position to us back in the early to mid 2000's. Now look at the club. Thank Christ that's not us.

You want a manager who will give us both longevity and trophies. We all do but it's not as simple as throwing money at the manager and watching the good times roll in.

It's not about the manager I want, it's about the chairman I want. So far our Chairman has sacked and appointed managers at an embarrassing rate. What good has this delivered ? What have we won ? And where are we going with this mob ?

You make hypothetical assumptions about us being relegated if mgr x or y wasn't sacked and yes maybe we would have been but we'll never actually know. I prefer to stick to the facts. The bigger question for me is how can a chairman with such a poor proven record in appointing and managing football managers, coaches and DOFs continue to call the shots ? The answer is based in revenue, this is ENICs only mission and Levy has delivered in this department, footballing glory is not on their agenda. It never has been and it never will be.

If you're happy with ENIC good for you, a lot of supporters understand that they are a parasite feeding off our club's great name and history.

Being better than we were under Suger is not an argument to keep these folk in charge, Bill Nicholson said something once about aiming high, that is the ethos of our club, never set the bar that low. You have been hoodwinked by the owners to believe this is as good as it's gonna get, I feel sorry for you that your hope and ambition for your club is so stunted, you've been sold a dummy by an investment company that doesn't give a **** about you or any supporter.

It's not about the manager I want, it's about the chairman I want. So far our Chairman has sacked and appointed managers at an embarrassing rate. What good has this delivered ? What have we won ? And where are we going with this mob ?

You make hypothetical assumptions about us being relegated if mgr x or y wasn't sacked and yes maybe we would have been but we'll never actually know. I prefer to stick to the facts. The bigger question for me is how can a chairman with such a poor proven record in appointing and managing football managers, coaches and DOFs continue to call the shots ? The answer is based in revenue, this is ENICs only mission and Levy has delivered in this department, footballing glory is not on their agenda. It never has been and it never will be.

If you're happy with ENIC good for you, a lot of supporters understand that they are a parasite feeding off our club's great name and history.

Being better than we were under Suger is not an argument to keep these folk in charge, Bill Nicholson said something once about aiming high, that is the ethos of our club, never set the bar that low. You have been hoodwinked by the owners to believe this is as good as it's gonna get, I feel sorry for you that your hope and ambition for your club is so stunted, you've been sold a dummy by an investment company that doesn't give a **** about you or any supporter.

After that post you're not really worthy of a reply. Good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I do agree that they don't give a **** about us the supporters and will screw us over at every given opportunity, stubhub being the prime example of how they have let Spurs fans rip other Spurs fans off. What was ever wrong with the ticket exchange which was once in place?

Apologies for going slightly off topic.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I do agree that they don't give a **** about us the supporters and will screw us over at every given opportunity, stubhub being the prime example of how they have let Spurs fans rip other Spurs fans off. What was ever wrong with the ticket exchange which was once in place?

Apologies for going slightly off topic.

Stubhub is a pile of ****e. Definitely an opportunist system. I'm guessing people are still using it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Its great and popular talking about ambition and winning trophies. Shur every body wants that.

To win the legue and do well in champions league we would need one of, if not the best squad in the league. To do this we would have to spend as much or more than chelsea, City and others.

How does anyone expect this to happen?

I think some fans EXPECT a sort of football utopia that everybody would love but are more realistic and willing to see incremental improvement instead.

In expecting and getting this improvement there is always going to be setbacks along the way.

I think this would e the most appropriate thread for stubhub related stuff

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/update-–-stubhub-190214/

Statement today from the club.

Seems they're sounding out the touts.

Looks to me like the Stubhub is really replacing the tout on the street and putting it on the interweb and masking it as legalised touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

There's a simple way of stopping people from 'flipping' tickets. Everything should be face value price.

If your season ticket is worth £50 for a given match, then you can only sell it at that cost. Meaning anybody buying them at cost and trying to resell them via Stubhub at a higher cost will be unable to.

A brilliant read in today's guardian, a very insightful interview with our former manager and soon to be opponent, Dnipro boss Juande Ramos..
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/13/juande-ramos-tottenham-hotspur-dnipro?CMP=twt_gu

Posting it here to instigate the next leg of Ormus v Dublin Spur (couldn't resist :D:D) due to the following remarks:
    Ramos accepts the way Tottenham is run but not the apportioning of blame when it comes to not being among the country's very best sides. "Spurs works as a business," he says.

"That's legitimate and I'm sure the model's built with the right intentions. They think the economic model enables the sporting model to function but that's not always true. Levy makes a £17m investment [Bent] but has two better players in the way. They have to remove obstacles so the investment plays. In economic terms, fine. In sporting terms it turned out to be a disaster."

He explains: "Spurs spend a lot of money but only sign players who are 20 or 22 because they're thinking of future sales. [Gareth] Bale, for example, or [Luka] Modric: I advised Spurs to sign him. He's a great player but you still need patience; it doesn't happen immediately. The idea is: sign players, see if they take off, sell and reinvest. Fine but are you trying to win money or titles? The criteria at Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea is that the sporting side is the priority. If City sign [Jesús] Navas or [Álvaro] Negredo, they don't look at the player's age; they look at his performances.

"Spurs aren't going to win the league. Economically, it works well but in sporting terms maybe it needs retuning. You can't demand something that doesn't fit the reality."

Enlightening stuff from Commoli here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2568735/Ramos-cope-Spurs-His-training-sessions-awful-Comolli-hits-claims-old-boss.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

• Advertisement

yiddo59 wrote: »
    or self serving stuff? ;)

Isn't everything self serving?

He's hardly lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

nbar12 wrote: »

Far from being Levy's biggest fan but don;t see what he can learn from this. If Suarez wanted to move he'd have moved and Henry or anyone else couldn;t have stopped him . Maybe Liverpool sweet talked him to a degree but it was his choice to stay. Players hold all the cards these days.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Far from being Levy's biggest fan but don;t see what he can learn from this. If Suarez wanted to move he'd have moved and Henry or anyone else couldn;t have stopped him . Maybe Liverpool sweet talked him to a degree but it was his choice to stay. Players hold all the cards these days.

Yeah I mean do people really believe Suarez stayed cos Henry refused to let him go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

nbar12 wrote: »

There is no lesson for Spurs whatever in this and I find it bizarre that anyone might think there is.

Just watch what happens this summer if Real Madrid come in with a £70-80m bid for Suarez.

Read this today, good summary.......

Enics plans of running at no net spend throwing the 35million profit each year at the stadium until it gets built allowing us to compete at higher level and building luxury apartments on whl and making there killing that way has been disastrous,we were meant to be getting cl football year in and out and winning things,13 years now I believe ,one league cup and one cl qualification .

Yesterday marked our fifth drubbing of the season with quite possibly 2 more to follow,we went out of both domestic cups without a whimper.

people blame avb and tactics tim but the fault lies with neither,its levy and lewis ,you cannot cut corners year in and out and expect to compete,had city and roman not come into the frame there plan would have worked we would have almost certainly made top 4 most seasons.

The squad is horrific,people say you cannot keep having massive overhauls but yet again this summer its essential yet again,you cannot continue with players who aren't and will never be good enough,naughton,rose ,dawson,glyfi,holtby,townsend and Livermore all need to go,along with the defoe money levy will no doubt raise another 50million,its what he does with it and how much he adds to that figure which will define how we progress,and yet still not a brick of the new stadium has been built as well,we the fans are the fall guys constantly watching this ****e whilst enics investment crawls slowly to an eventual profit.

levy is lewis front and thus is paid handsomely to deal with the ****,people dream of the rich arab or Russian coming along but it aint happening as we are not sellers,we have had plenty of respectable offers,enic know what they are sitting on,the land is already paid for they will wait until they've rinsed the gov and local authorities for every last penny and fluke a naming rights deal to get the stadium built on the cheap.
    whoever comes in june lvg looks the one it will not matter until they are given the proper tools,we have had no playmaker or left back for two seasons,our top striker is skitzo and people wonder why we fail to compete,please god thurs we show some fight.
    what we did with the bale money breaks my heart,apart from ericksen have we seen anything yet from any of them? 3 league goals from 60million of signings in lamella and soldado is unb,saying that I would give all 7 of them a second season,chadli has improved in recent weeks,capoue looked like viera early on but now looks like carlton palmer they all need a second season to show us who they all really are under hopefully a better coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

The squad is horrific,people say you cannot keep having massive overhauls but yet again this summer its essential yet again,you cannot continue with players who aren't and will never be good enough,naughton,rose ,dawson,glyfi,holtby,townsend and Livermore all need to go,along with the defoe money levy will no doubt raise another 50million,its what he does with it and how much he adds to that figure which will define how we progress,and yet still not a brick of the new stadium has been built as well,we the fans are the fall guys constantly watching this ****e whilst enics investment crawls slowly to an eventual profit.

I just dont agree with this. Last season glyfi was a really good player for us and he started this year in good form. Hes barely had a kick the last 6 months.

I like to see how many games the naughton has actually played right back. The last 2 seasons he played pretty much exclusively on the left when he has played. And then all of a sudden hes thrown in at right back and its expected that he performs at an unrealistic level.

Rose and townsend are young guys playing their 2nd full seasons in the league. They need to be helped along (with the likes of naughton and livermore) by the coaching staff and the fans.

Dawson last season was awesome but yes he has been cack this year.

And holtby I would happily have playing away to the likes norwich and fulham every year. His plays with passion which is what all spurs fans are calling for today.

My main point is that I have no doubt that with this current squad and the right leader we can compete for the champions league.

Lets swap us with liverpool for a minute. If they were in our position people would be questioning why henderson, allen, kelly, flanagan, ispas, toure, leiva and so on are getting near the team. But they are challenging for the league this year! These are the players that round a squad and support the stars. The difference for me is that they have the right man in charge to motivate and prepare them. The same point could be made for everton IMO.

I really dont think that we need a massive overhaul. Get rid of a couple yes like dawson and livermore but other than that a we are not miles away from a well rounded squad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I just dont agree with this. Last season glyfi was a really good player for us and he started this year in good form. Hes barely had a kick the last 6 months.

I like to see how many games the naughton has actually played right back. The last 2 seasons he played pretty much exclusively on the left when he has played. And then all of a sudden hes thrown in at right back and its expected that he performs at an unrealistic level.

Rose and townsend are young guys playing their 2nd full seasons in the league. They need to be helped along (with the likes of naughton and livermore) by the coaching staff and the fans.

Dawson last season was awesome but yes he has been cack this year.

And holtby I would happily have playing away to the likes norwich and fulham every year. His plays with passion which is what all spurs fans are calling for today.

My main point is that I have no doubt that with this current squad and the right leader we can compete for the champions league.

Lets swap us with liverpool for a minute. If they were in our position people would be questioning why henderson, allen, kelly, flanagan, ispas, toure, leiva and so on are getting near the team. But they are challenging for the league this year! These are the players that round a squad and support the stars. The difference for me is that they have the right man in charge to motivate and prepare them. The same point could be made for everton IMO.

I really dont think that we need a massive overhaul. Get rid of a couple yes like dawson and livermore but other than that a we are not miles away from a well rounded squad

One difference between us and Liverpool, they kept there best player, we always sell ours, and as long as we continue to sell our best players, we will never compete, and it makes me sick saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Hatch99 wrote: »
    One difference between us and Liverpool, they kept there best player, we always sell ours, and as long as we continue to sell our best players, we will never compete, and it makes me sick saying that.

I agree there but the fact remains that theyve performed very well in the games where suarez has been missing. However last year we did not play brilliant football and won games and challenged for the top 4. The same this year however our challenged has ended a bit earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I agree there but the fact remains that theyve performed very well in the games where suarez has been missing. However last year we did not play brilliant football and won games and challenged for the top 4. The same this year however our challenged has ended a bit earlier

It's the clubs mentality though. We will never succeed if we continue as we are. And still people say we have to sell Lloris and Vert in the summer, 2 of our best players, Liverpool will be another 15 points ahead of us next season if that's how we do our business.

Oh but if they come out and and do a little moaning to the media, some will say we have no choice and have to sell, ballicks to that. Show some ambition. Keep your best players and improve again in the summer and at least make it look like we want to push forward.

Advertisement