Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Levy/Joe Lewis

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

mickman wrote: »
    Moyes facing sack

Next manager for us ?

He'd be ok, his problem is the squad he inherited, would certainly be a huge upgrade from Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

He'd be ok, his problem is the squad he inherited, would certainly be a huge upgrade from Tim

No ****ing way look at his record before united he's never picked up 3 points against a top 4 side. Not good enough for spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tom1ie wrote: »
    No ****ing way look at his record before united he's never picked up 3 points against a top 4 side. Not good enough for spurs

I do not want him as our manager at all, but did they not beat both Manchester teams last season??

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

What :confused::confused:
    2012/2013, Everton under Moyes beat Man Utd 1-0
    They beat us in 2011/2012 when we finished top 4,they also beat Man City that season who went on to become champions and they beat Chelsea that season who went on to win the Champions league.
    He has a number of wins against top 4 teams with Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Lvg is favourite to take over at united

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

He took a squad that won the premiership last season to 7th.deserves to be sacked.Its a results based industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

What about Laudrup?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Patww79 wrote: »
    He never had a shilling to spend at Everton though. Done a fantastic job there.

Martinez has done better in one season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Jan Aage Fjortoft claims Louis Van Gaal was ready to sign for Tottenham weeks ago but he was informed to wait for United.

Next Wenger will step down and we'll be stuck between a choice of Big Sam or Pardew:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Jan Aage Fjortoft claims Louis Van Gaal was ready to sign for Tottenham weeks ago but he was informed to wait for United.

Next Wenger will step down and we'll be stuck between a choice of Big Sam or Pardew:o:o

Yep, By the end of the summer, we will prob be delighted to get someone like Moyes :-)

Van Gaal is down to 6/4 in the bookies. I'd say it's as good as done, gotta love paddy power they have Howard Webb at 500/1, gave me a laugh.

On a spurs related note. A chap I went to college with had a flight delayed in Heathrow and he got talking to a guy in a bar who said he was something relatively high up at Spurs and he'd had a few in him and he said that key members of the club wanted Jol out and 'Arry in ASAP. This was before the bad start and his eventual sacking. I'd say these are decided quite a bit more in advance then you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

ziedth wrote: »
    Van Gaal is down to 6/4 in the bookies. I'd say it's as good as done, gotta love paddy power they have Howard Webb at 500/1, gave me a laugh.

On a spurs related note. A chap I went to college with had a flight delayed in Heathrow and he got talking to a guy in a bar who said he was something relatively high up at Spurs and he'd had a few in him and he said that key members of the club wanted Jol out and 'Arry in ASAP. This was before the bad start and his eventual sacking. I'd say these are decided quite a bit more in advance then you think.

I think manager markets are often BS, just a trick to get people gambling on stuff they usually wouldn't gamble on.

Do you mean Ramos when you say Jol, or are you saying they wanted Redknapp in during Jol's tenure?

I think manager markets are often BS, just a trick to get people gambling on stuff they usually wouldn't gamble on.

Do you mean Ramos when you say Jol, or are you saying they wanted Redknapp in during Jol's tenure?

Amazingly I do actually mean Jol. Now, of course the guy could have been full of it and it's just a lucky coincidence that 'Arry ended up at the lane but the me mate said the guy was adamant it would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

ahem, can we stick to the subject please ?

i.e. the crook running our beloved football club

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Oooh. Buuuuurn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

ahem, can we stick to the subject please ?

i.e. the crook running our beloved football club

You regularly make these allegations with nothing to back them up. This is pointed out to you but you just ignore facts and carry on regardless. It's incredibly boring at this stage.

For the umpteenth time, the club continues to operate at around about breakeven and all sources of income are included in the accounts. ENIC don't appear to have any excessive charges or expenses so your allegations are baseless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I presume he is talking about Daniel Levy. When I saw that post I had presumed it was some sort of joke or sarcasm.

I think Levy, who is not perfect, has done more good for Tottenham Hotspur than bad. Spurs Have been on an upward curve for most of his time. I think if it is a serious accusation against Levy it is probably just an over reaction to a so so couple of seasons and some of our expectations being very high.

If there was a league for football chairman I reckon Daniel Levy would be in the top half of that league.

We spent all the Bale money last season on new players now lets hope Daniel and Co. invest some money in a top manager(asap) and maybe our high expectations can be met next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hammar wrote: »
    What :confused::confused:
    2012/2013, Everton under Moyes beat Man Utd 1-0
    They beat us in 2011/2012 when we finished top 4,they also beat Man City that season who went on to become champions and they beat Chelsea that season who went on to win the Champions league.
    He has a number of wins against top 4 teams with Everton.

My apologies I am misinformed apparently its the fact he hadn't won away at any of the top four teams which to be honest isn't as sensationalist as my last comment which I didn't properly research! Sorry! Still don't want him though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

My apologies I am misinformed apparently its the fact he hadn't won away at any of the top four teams which to be honest isn't as sensationalist as my last comment which I didn't properly research! Sorry! Still don't want him though

Yeh he wouldn't be my first choice either or that of most of this sections posters going by the different threads here.

I would love to see Chris Hughton given a chance.He is Spurs through and through,started as a schoolboy.He's a man of great class,speaks very well and intelligently.Got Newcastle back on track and was steadying the ship before he was sacked by a joke of a Chairman.He led Norwich to a tenth place finish last season and in my opinion is a victim of that success this season as the board at Norwich think that's where they should be each season.

I think he has as much right to be considered as David Moyes and his record put in to context is just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Think this thread is gone off topic, we should have a separate thread for next manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ormus wrote: »
    Think this thread is gone off topic, we should have a separate thread for next manager.

Let's not have a separate thread please. I agree though this thread isn't the place to discuss this topic. It's for Dublin Spur to vent his rage at Daniel Levy.

Summer transfer gossip is where manager discussions should probably be for now. It's not like we're managerless and requiring a new manager to come in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    Let's not have a separate thread please. I agree though this thread isn't the place to discuss this topic. It's for Dublin Spur to vent his rage at Daniel Levy.

Summer transfer gossip is where manager discussions should probably be for now. It's not like we're managerless and requiring a new manager to come in!

Fair point, let it be scurrilous rumours for now.

The following is a snippet taken from a report written by Roddy Forsyth about the Rangers crisis.

Worth pointing out,Rangers won a domestic treble in 98-99 and a double in 99-00.

"Yes, it is true that the club could have tipped over what the bean counters like to call an insolvency situation in Murray’s time. The first time, I can reveal here, was back in 1999 after the Bahamas-based Joe Lewis had bought 25 per cent of Rangers for £40 million.
    Lewis thought he would get fat returns if he bought shares in several European football clubs and they prospered from shares in lucrative TV deals. The broadcast bonanza, however, did not materialise and Lewis watched in horror as Murray siphoned cash straight into Dick Advocaat’s transfer account and Rangers went from £20 million in credit with the bank to an overdraft of almost £21 million – a transformation that took care of Lewis’s input through his investment vehicle, ENIC.
    Lewis had not grasped that Murray meant what he said about trophies being more important than profit. Howard Stanton, ENIC’s man on the Ibrox board, told Murray to stop spending on players.
    When Murray took not a blind bit of notice, Stanton resigned. Lewis threatened to put Rangers into administration but decided instead to sell his ENIC stock while it still had some value and the crisis passed".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Message from Levy
    Dear Supporter
    Notwithstanding that today’s match is an opportunity for a top six finish and European qualification again, I am conscious that on this, the last day of the season, we are reflecting on what might have been.
    The new signings in the summer had the effect of raising expectations and we all started the season with high hopes, yet the players undoubtedly needed time to adapt to a new league. We were also forced to make managerial changes, which is far from ideal mid-season.
    Such is the competitive nature of the Premier League, no one team can guarantee a top four finish. However that’s not what it’s just about - our sense of falling short, felt by all, including the players, is based on some poor performances during the season and knowing we have not performed at the level we know we could have done. Even in games where we gained maximum points, our football was not always what we have come to expect and associate with our Club.
    I firmly believe we have a quality squad with many players from whom we have yet to see their full potential and players who have individually shown great form this season. We also have a healthy mix of experience and youth and over the last two seasons particularly we have seen Development Squad players move up to the First Team and put in promising performances.
    Our challenge now is to ensure we are in the best possible position for the start of next season - a season in which we shall look for a new level of commitment and performance from all.
    We are in the most exciting, watched league in the world. You, our fans, are our lifeblood and we see a huge increase year-on-year in our supporter numbers. This season we celebrated the opening of our 100th Official Supporters’ Club.
    So an increased capacity stadium is also a priority. We are currently waiting for the Government’s decision with regard to purchasing the last remaining property necessary to complete the site assembly. In the meantime the pre-commencement works on site are ongoing and we shall continue to keep you updated.
    Tomorrow we host a Testimonial match for one of the Club’s true legends, Ledley King, and we are delighted that the Lane will be filled with thousands of you joining the celebration. With so many former players returning it looks like being a night to remember.
    Today, let’s get behind the team as they look to put in a winning performance and ensure we compete in Europe once again.
    Thank you for your support this season. I wish you and your families a healthy and happy summer and I look forward to welcoming you back for the 2014/2015 season.
    Yours
    Daniel

I don't expect him to say anything about a new manager as Tim is still in charge until the last game is played but he needs to get working on a new manager and on offering the likes of Lloris, Verts and Sandro new contracts to keep them at the club.

He is 100 percent correct when he says "even in games where we got maximum points our football was not what we have come to expect".

I know they say the table doesn't lie but we got so lucky with some of our wins this season.

I can think of at least 4 without even trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Message from Levy
    I don't expect him to say anything about a new manager as Tim is still in charge until the last game is played but he needs to get working on a new manager and on offering the likes of Lloris, Verts and Sandro new contracts to keep them at the club.

Agree on Lloris and Sandro though I think Lloris will go no matter who comes in but Vertonghen can clear off. Sulky unprofessional attitude for the hole season.

Advertisement