Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Levy/Joe Lewis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

Finally, if someone doesn't agree with your view or if you have a an alternative view about a topic there's no need to get arsey and childish about it. Its only football and it's not a crime to be unhappy with ENIC, its actually not very important at the end of the day either day, we're all just on the outside looking in.

Your entire post above can be summed up in a few lines. It all comes back to what I said earlier. You believe that ENIC should be spending hundreds of millions of their own money on transfer fees, wages and stadium development. As I've already explained, this sort of thinking has arisen from Chelsea & City wrongly being allowed to spend money they didn't have. All clubs should have to live within their own means, just like any business. What Chelsea & City have gotten away with is completely unfair and has distorted any sense of fair competition.

As for the part I quoted above, you should take your own advice. Have a read of the earlier posts and think again about who was being childish. Grow up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Martin567 wrote: »
    Your entire post above can be summed up in a few lines. It all comes back to what I said earlier. You believe that ENIC should be spending hundreds of millions of their own money on transfer fees, wages and stadium development. As I've already explained, this sort of thinking has arisen from Chelsea & City wrongly being allowed to spend money they didn't have. All clubs should have to live within their own means, just like any business. What Chelsea & City have gotten away with is completely unfair and has distorted any sense of fair competition.

As for the part I quoted above, you should take your own advice. Have a read of the earlier posts and think again about who was being childish. Grow up!!

I don't think they should spend hundreds of millions, but I do expect them to do more then they have done, they have the resources but choose not to. Football success for spurs is not their primary goal. That's my only issue. If I thought they were doing all they could to make us successful I wouldn't have an issue.

13 years on, there's not much of a legacy to report, just a series for false starts. Who's to blame for that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

any chance this thread could be closed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We've had since December, and still no fcuking manager, joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hatch99 wrote: »

Maybe Levy is waiting for Ancelotti to get sacked if they fail to win CL??

• Advertisement

The last time he waited this long we ended in with Jacques Santini - we all know how that worked out !

When is he going to be held accountable for awful managerial appointments ?

Maybe he'll get the next one right, just maybe !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

jobeenfitz wrote: »

Could we afford him? If we could, I don't think we could afford the players he would want!

5 euro on Harry returning to the lane:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I love Daniel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

When is he going to be held accountable for awful managerial appointments ?

Ok, can we get it on record from you who you'd be happy with as manager. You've done a lot of ranting against Levy, but I've yet to see you make a suggestion.

• Advertisement

jobeenfitz wrote: »

You seriously think we have a chance of getting ancelotti if he got sacked, no chance mate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not sure how I feel about it but I think it's between Harry and FDB.

I've never been a DL fan but the one thing I've whole heartedly supported him on was the sacking of HR...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Harry as in Redknapp? Where is this coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

SuprSi wrote: »

redknapp-window.jpg

SuprSi wrote: »

Rosie

Do we really get 20m from Madrid's win from Bale/Modrics deals?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Do we really get 20m from Madrid's win from Bale/Modrics deals?

Was about to ask that too, how does this fine detail type info get out there?

Given the legend of Levy it sounds like a very him type clause, but there's no way of verifying this without the club confirming it really?

More money for enic shareholders. They must be rubbing their hands with glee.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

More money for enic shareholders. They must be rubbing their hands with glee.

I've seen this kind of stuff posted here a few times, but it doesn't make sense to me how that conclusion is being made. We haven't exactly been posting record profits, I think the last earnings report had us slightly in the red - open to correction - and I really don't remember the last time we had earnings of any major significance.

I've seen this kind of stuff posted here a few times, but it doesn't make sense to me how that conclusion is being made.

I have no proof of course. I'm just venting. My point was that the money will probably be swallowed up somewhere and we'll never know definitively were/what happened to it.

I'd like to think the new manager coming in has a budget of ... I dunno 30M and since yesterday that's gone up to 45M but a I seriously seriously doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I have no proof of course. I'm just venting. My point was that the money will probably be swallowed up somewhere and we'll never know definitively were/what happened to it.

I'd like to think the new manager coming in has a budget of ... I dunno 30M and since yesterday that's gone up to 45M but a I seriously seriously doubt it.

Like what happened with the Bale money, right?

Patww79 wrote: »
    After the Bale money, I wouldn't let Baldini/Levy spend another penny. It'd be better with the shareholders.

WTF. We were all jumping for joy last year when they were spending money, now you wish they gave out to the shareholders.

Patww79 wrote: »

What dross? The players we need rid of didn't land last summer. I'd keep them all, with a decent manager they'll all be fine

Give it all to Joe Lewis and let him buy more paintings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

WTF. We were all jumping for joy last year when they were spending money, now you wish they gave out to the shareholders.

Yeah this forum was awash with people confidently predicting us as title contenders, leaving Arsenal behind etc etc

Now everybody says it was obvious all those new signings would never work.

Hilarious revisionism.

If Levy had got £85m for Bale and not spent it the fans would've been baying for his blood.

ENIC's net spend last summer was zero, it the same story every year

It's no wonder we're stuck in a rut

ENIC's net spend last summer was zero, it the same story every year

It's no wonder we're stuck in a rut

The rut is you and your Levy/Enic hate, it's like a broken record and it's become annoying at this stage. We were all creaming ourselves last summer, remember sold Elvis bought the Beatles. We spent 110m, the highest of all teams.

• Advertisement

The rut is you and your Levy/Enic hate, it's like a broken record and it's become annoying at this stage. We were all creaming ourselves last summer, remember sold Elvis bought the Beatles. We spent 110m, the highest of all teams.

broken record ? it's just an opinion, don't worry about it. The net spend was zero, that's a fact.

By the way, I wasn't creaming myself last summer - been around too long for that - we usually fcuk it up and we did again.

Advertisement