Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Levy/Joe Lewis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

broken record ? it's just an opinion, don't worry about it. The net spend was zero, that's a fact.

By the way, I wasn't creaming myself last summer - been around too long for that - we usually fcuk it up and we did again.

And we sure did fcuk up. The man to blame for this is Baldini as nearly every one of his signings fell short apart from one or two, he really should have seen the axe for that massive fcuk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The rut is you and your Levy/Enic hate, it's like a broken record and it's become annoying at this stage. We were all creaming ourselves last summer, remember sold Elvis bought the Beatles. We spent 110m, the highest of all teams.

We also sold 110 million worth of talent and got rid of a tonne of players that had to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Sooner or later, by design or luck, Levy is bound to pick a decent manger!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Sooner or later, by design or luck, Levy is bound to pick a decent manger!

If you throw enough sh1t at the wall, eventually some of it will stick...

I'd love to see us appoint a proven manager. Someone with lots of achievements in the top leagues or international arena.

Then again, our most successful manager in recent times (HR) hadn't much more than an fa cup to his name and more than a few suspect final league positions to his name before joining us.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

We also sold 110 million worth of talent and got rid of a tonne of players that had to be replaced.

Not gonna get too bogged down on the semantics, it seems like we spent pretty much what we brought in (lets not completely overlook day to day running costs and of course the players quite massive wages)...for me, not too much to complain about in terms of spend last summer - find it a bit of a damned it you do damned if you don't case this whole "net spend" fallacy, just my opinion really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

broken record ? it's just an opinion, don't worry about it. The net spend was zero, that's a fact.

By the way, I wasn't creaming myself last summer - been around too long for that - we usually fcuk it up and we did again.

I've noticed you never post any preferences for who you'd like as manager, not in this thread or in any of the others, but yet you seem to be the first one in posting against Levy/Enic in every thread. I've asked you before, who do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I've noticed you never post any preferences for who you'd like as manager, not in this thread or in any of the others, but yet you seem to be the first one in posting against Levy/Enic in every thread. I've asked you before, who do you want?

I don't really have a preference between the candidates that have been mentioned. I think they're all okay. It looks like it gonna be Pochintino now and if he gets it I hope he does well.

I'm not that excited either way to be honest, I expect that who ever gets the job will only be sacked before 2016 so I don't really think it matters who gets it in the long run.

By the way, I don't hate Levy or ENIC, I just think they are the wrong fit for Spurs, they are in it to make money for themsleves above all else, the clue is in the name (English National Investment Company).

This doen't make ENIC evil, it just makes them a bit fake. Their record after over 13 years in control is, 1 trophy, 1 CL qualification, no new stadium and soon to be 10 managers.

I'd like to see a change, new owners that are wholly focussed on footballing sucess, if they fail at least they tried, ENIC are not even trying in my view. I hope they sell up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I don't really have a preference between the candidates that have been mentioned. I think they're all okay. It looks like it gonna be Pochintino now and if he gets it I hope he does well.

I'm not that excited either way to be honest, I expect that who ever gets the job will only be sacked before 2016 so I don't really think it matters who gets it in the long run.

By the way, I don't hate Levy or ENIC, I just think they are the wrong fit for Spurs, they are in it to make money for themsleves above all else, the clue is in the name (English National Investment Company).

This doen't make ENIC evil, it just makes them a bit fake. Their record after over 13 years in control is, 1 trophy, 1 CL qualification, no new stadium and soon to be 10 managers.

I'd like to see a change, new owners that are wholly focussed on footballing sucess, if they fail at least they tried, ENIC are not even trying in my view. I hope they sell up soon.

The point that has been made before is that they have steadily over the 13 years have increased the stature of the club to an all one high.

You're just impatient.

irishmover wrote: »
    The point that has been made before is that they have steadily over the 13 years have increased the stature of the club to an all one high.

You're just impatient.

13 years and you think I need to be more paitent - bizzare

I tell you 1 thing, I'm a lot more paitent than Levy is with his 1st team managers ;)

13 years and you think I need to be more paitent - bizzare

I tell you 1 thing, I'm a lot more paitent than Levy is with his 1st team managers ;)

You should be a Man City or Chelsea supporter.

• Advertisement

you can't change your club

and also, what a cnuty thing to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

the forum has really gone very low brow recently.

pull yourselves together lads

What are you on? Cnuty? You seem like a person who wants success right now at any cost. Chelsea and Man City have together been doing that for about 10 years now, either of them would suit you more than a club run by ENIC.

What are you on? Cnuty? You seem like a person who wants success right now at any cost. Chelsea and Man City have together been doing that for about 10 years now, either of them would suit you more than a club run by ENIC.

why you are making the debate about me ?
    it's about the owners of our club

it's obvious to me that there are plenty of folk like yourself who are quite happy with the current owners, fair play to you, that's you own business.

I'm not as happy and would like to see them gone, I've given my reasons AND that's the end of it. Either way it's no big deal at the end of the day.

All this "go and support chelsea if you don't like it" rubbish is very childish.

why you are making the debate about me ?
    it's about the owners of our club

it's obvious to me that there are plenty of folk like yourself who are quite happy with the current owners, fair play to you, that's you own business.

I'm not as happy and would like to see them gone, I've given my reasons AND that's the end of it. Either way it's no big deal at the end of the day.

All this "go and support chelsea if you don't like it" rubbish is very childish.

That's the end of it? Are you kidding me. You've brought this rubbish up all over this forum for about 6 months now. This is all you talk about! You've derailed a number of threads and now have the guile to tell me that this is the end of it?

To be quite honest if all this has accomplished is for you to stop hitting that broken record of yours then I'll be more than happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

That's the end of it? Are you kidding me. You've brought this rubbish up all over this forum for about 6 months now. This is all you talk about! You've derailed a number of threads and now have the guile to tell me that this is the end of it?

To be quite honest if all this has accomplished is for you to stop hitting that broken record of yours then I'll be more than happy.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

More money for enic shareholders. They must be rubbing their hands with glee.
    I've seen this kind of stuff posted here a few times, but it doesn't make sense to me how that conclusion is being made. We haven't exactly been posting record profits, I think the last earnings report had us slightly in the red - open to correction - and I really don't remember the last time we had earnings of any major significance.
    I have no proof of course. I'm just venting. My point was that the money will probably be swallowed up somewhere and we'll never know definitively were/what happened to it.

I'd like to think the new manager coming in has a budget of ... I dunno 30M and since yesterday that's gone up to 45M but a I seriously seriously doubt it.

The reality is that the club spends what it earns. All of the yearly accounts show exactly what dividends have been paid out, and they have been few and far between.

What ENIC are doing is using income to build facilities as well as buy players, so the new training ground and the preliminary work on the new stadium have in part been funded by income. This increases the value of their investment, and when/if they ever secure funding for the stadium build you can expect plenty of talk of selling the club as they will have put in place the building blocks but have no real interest in actually seeing it through themselves (IMHO)

The only remotely "unethical" (if I can use that word) activity was the issue of preferential shares a few years back where ENIC increased their share holding on the cheap (in 2007 IIRC).They have also recently announced an interest free loan of £40m to the club convertible into non-voting preference share capital with details to be issued to shareholders shortly.

Please let this be the end of it. No more. Lets look forward to better times with Pochetino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

No harm in a good debate.
    We all have opinions, most of them different, everyone is allowed to voice theirs.

Remember we all want the same thing, success for THFC

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No harm in a good debate.
    We all have opinions, most of them different, everyone is allowed to voice theirs.

Remember we all want the same thing, success for THFC

COYS

no harm in a good debate indeed , some of the posts have gotten personally insulting though so im saying enough!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mickman wrote: »
    no harm in a good debate indeed , some of the posts have gotten personally insulting though so im saying enough!

I've said it once and I'll say it again, i really like ice cream sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mickman wrote: »

I think people should be allowed to tell each to stop talking ****e without it being taken as a personal insult. Nothing personal about it. Sure none of us know anything personal about each other anyway.

Well would it be fair to say that you won't be happy supporting Spurs until they become like Chelsea/City in a financial sense?

As in you have no interest in supporting a club which is run on a sound financial footing?

This isn't an accusation by the way. If I'm wrong, just say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Lewis/Levy out and rich arabs in asap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Lewis/Levy out and rich arabs in asap :D

Just when I thought we had peace ;)

Ormus wrote: »
    Well would it be fair to say that you won't be happy supporting Spurs until they become like Chelsea/City in a financial sense?

nope, I just want the owners of our club to put football sucess at the very top of their objectives. I don't believe they ever have. If I am wrong and they have been fully focussed on football sucess, then they have failed big time. 10 managers, 1 trophy etc, etc, etc

Anyway at the end of the day, I guess they're going nowhere until someone comes in with a massive offer for the club (probabaly would need to be a billion pounds). So we just have to get on with it I suppose.

By the way, the owners of the club are not the football club, you can love the club and dislike the owners. What I find quite strange is how upset some people get when the performance of the owners is called into question, some get really offended which is totally bizzare.

nope, I just want the owners of our club to put football sucess at the very top of their objectives. I don't believe they ever have. If I am wrong and they have been fully focussed on football sucess, then they have failed big time. 10 managers, 1 trophy etc, etc, etc

Anyway at the end of the day, I guess they're going nowhere until someone comes in with a massive offer for the club (probabaly would need to be a billion pounds). So we just have to get on with it I suppose.

By the way, the owners of the club are not the football club, you can love the club and dislike the owners. What I find quite strange is how upset some people get when the performance of the owners is called into question, some get really offended which is totally bizzare.

Ok, so do you think the club can be run in a solvent way and also have football success as the priority?

Ormus wrote: »
    Ok, so do you think the club can be run in a solvent way and also have football success as the priority?

Yes, look at arsenal, since ENIC arrived at Spurs, they have won league titles, cups, appeared in a CL final (thank god they lost), employed 1 manager and built a new stadium.

This proves that If the owners make the right decisions at the right times it can be done without silly money.

Our lot usually get the big decisions wrong. Our record under them supports this theory. We're an above average premier league club, that's as good as it's gonna ever be with ENIC in my opinion. I'm bored of them

• Advertisement

Right, you're on the ignore list, I can't be listening to a Spurs fan that wants us to be like Arsenal.

Advertisement