Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Levy/Joe Lewis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

To be fair to Dublin Spur he has been sticking to his views amidst the majority of us bashing him. Which deserves a bit of respect.

I think everyone in some way is not perfectly happy with ENIC etc but the majority of us do see the positives outweighing the negatives.

Not to be a mod here or anything but it would be good if things didn't get out of hand on here about this debate again. Sure have the debate but we are all virtual mates on here with the same interests! I'll try keep my posts civilized if everyone else would.

Again cheers hatch for stirring the pot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Fwiw I'm not trying to bash anyone. I don't know the exact answer / situation and would love if it could be clarified. Personally I don't think that ENIC are squandering / syphoning out the millions that some fans state as a fact. The difference for me is I am open to the possibility that they are but am not claiming as a fact that they aren't. When it is claimed as a fact that they are pulling the money out for themselves I am going to ask those who claim it is a fact to prove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I actually find this thread very boring :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Martin567 wrote: »
    Complete and utter nonsense. Verbal diarrhea.

You continue to make the same ridiculous points which are factually incorrect and don't even make any logical sense in theory. You then get offended when anyone pulls you up on your nonsense and claim to be entitled to express "your opinion". Grow up!

Very childish Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

Very childish Martin

Exactly what I think of your every contribution! I worry that I'm wasting my time arguing with an immature, 12 year old child.

• Advertisement

Martin567 wrote: »
    Exactly what I think of your every contribution! I worry that I'm wasting my time arguing with an immature, 12 year old child.

All you do is throw around insults - zero contribution
    as I said earlier, very childish

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Unfortunately until UEFA clamp down on the big spenders (never?) we will not see the benefit of being a well run club.

Sure we all want sugar daddies but I don't want to end like Leeds/Portsmouth on the slippery slope.

I have great time for our chairman - wish I could say the same for the £100m squandered on rubbish players last season - would not miss any of the 7 if they could leave and we got our money back.

after yesterday we are at best going to be 6th - United will quickly catch us and the other 4 are miles ahead - we might do Everton this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

A good chairman maybe but where is the clubs ambition to challenge the top clubs??

Disappointing transfer window.
    Where's the ambition??
    Mr Levy will tell us all we should be finishing in the top 4, no chance.
    Playing for 6th now.
    Where's the new stadium???
    Will the training ground win us games??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    A good chairman maybe but where is the clubs ambition to challenge the top clubs??

Disappointing transfer window.
    Where's the ambition??
    Mr Levy will tell us all we should be finishing in the top 4, no chance.
    Playing for 6th now.
    Where's the new stadium???
    Will the training ground win us games??

There's no ambition left with Levy. He's just cruising along comfortably like a lad in a job 25 years waiting for his pension. Hasn't been a bad chairman over all but past his sell by date!

yiddo59 wrote: »
    There's no ambition left with Levy. He's just cruising along comfortably like a lad in a job 25 years waiting for his pension. Hasn't been a bad chairman over all but past his sell by date!

Nicely put.
    Just hard to accept that we will never challenge under his leadership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Nicely put.
    Just hard to accept that we will never challenge under his leadership.

But we'll never do a Leeds or a Pompey either ;)

Glass half full yea ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭oppiuy

To me it looks like all be do is buy cheap and off load for a profit. I wouldnt mind this if the stadium was insight and we knew once it was complete we could start to mix it with the big boys but the whole sitiuation is just dragging out. The cynic inside me says it wont happen in the next ten years

nice little profit again for ENIC in this window
    their focus is not on footballing sucess
    their focus is firmly on increasing their wealth
    good news if you're a shareholder, horrible if your a fan

yeah, I'm gald we didn't sign Moutinho a couple of years ago - that would have ended us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

He's a clown if ever there was one.

The first half of the article is all about how we'll be screwed when Ade goes to the AFCON. No mention of the possibility his team might not make it all the way to the final. Ruins his whole argument at the end by acknowledging that we can actually buy players (most likely Rodriguez) before he even goes to the tournament.

Ormus wrote: »
    He's a clown if ever there was one.

The first half of the article is all about how we'll be screwed when Ade goes to the AFCON. No mention of the possibility his team might not make it all the way to the final. Ruins his whole argument at the end by acknowledging that we can actually buy players (most likely Rodriguez) before he even goes to the tournament.

Harsh, it's his opinion, and plenty read it. Some on here probably think your a clown with a lot of the stuff you come out with but I haven't seen them type it on here ;) opinions opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Harsh, it's his opinion, and plenty read it. Some on here probably think your a clown with a lot of the stuff you come out with but I haven't seen them type it on here ;) opinions opinions

Ooooh. You have stoked the bear hatch !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I found it very hard to argue with the "we're being taken for a ride' article http://theboyhotspur.com/were-being-taken-for-a-ride/

I'm sure a few on here will give it a good go though;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ruins his whole argument at the end by acknowledging that we can actually buy players (most likely Rodriguez) before he even goes to the tournament.

I hear Louis Saha is available;):P

I hear Louis Saha is available;):P

Ryan Nelsen is out of the job too

Mainly teenagers read it I'd say. If you can't spot the obvious flaws, I hope you enjoy his coherent pieces. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Everyone is also entitled to an opinion on those opinions. That's the nature of these forums.

I've never claimed to write anything approaching journalism. It's a bit stupid for you to try to represent what you think other people probably think but haven't said.

I found it very hard to argue with the "we're being taken for a ride' article http://theboyhotspur.com/were-being-taken-for-a-ride/

I'm sure a few on here will give it a good go though;)

The response by the guy called "Charlie" is well written.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,916 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The response by the guy called "Charlie" is well written.

Me thinks so too.

From the supporters trust:

As always, after the transfer window closes, there are a variety of opinions about what has happened, or not happened. This one has been no different.

It’s always hard to know exactly what has happened amid the flurry of rumour and counter rumour whipped up by the media and various figures within football. Combine this with Clubs’ understandable need to keep some commercial details confidential, and it’s impossible to draw many conclusions.

As a Trust, we have no input into the Club’s transfer dealings. We do, however, think that a greater level of transparency about why decisions have been taken would be a positive thing. When the Club makes no comment, or relies on standard statements, it allows others to define its approach.

Greater transparency would also show supporters who pay some of the highest ticket prices in the country the respect they deserve. We don’t believe any explanation from the Club will please every fan. But there are few situations that better and more in-depth communications do not improve, so we hope the Club will be able to find a way to share its visions with its supporters.

This is especially important at a time when fans are understandably worried about the potential impact of the new stadium project, and with continued uncertainty about ENIC’s long-term plans.

Many supporters contacted us with questions as the latest window closed, and we’re glad more fans are looking to the Trust as a point of communication. We will always work to ensure the Club is aware of the feelings of fans, and try to find practical solutions to the issues raised.

We need to do that by building on the working relationship we have with the Club, one in which we retain our independence but continue dialogue. We’d like to thank those fans who have spoken up in support of that strategy.

THST Board
    2 September 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Twitter tells me that according to the mirror, Joe Lewis wants to sell the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

1bn - what a greedy old fart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

1bn - what a greedy old fart

Not really, that's just the asking price and that includes 400m for the completed stadium. Man Utd was bought for 800m 10 yrs ago.

Advertisement