Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Levy/Joe Lewis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Yeah if we get new owners, they can appoint a new manager. That's what we need. Alex Ferguson is out of a job at the moment, let's get him.

And they can build a new stadium. We'll get planning permission later, it'll be fine.

You're right let's keep the current owners. The new stadium will be the best in the Championship. There'll be loads of room to stretch out too with the unique style of football we'll be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ormus wrote: »
    Yeah if we get new owners, they can appoint a new manager. That's what we need. Alex Ferguson is out of a job at the moment, let's get him.

And they can build a new stadium. We'll get planning permission later, it'll be fine.
    You're right let's keep the current owners. The new stadium will be the best in the Championship. There'll be loads of room to stretch out too with the unique style of football we'll be playing.

So basically no matter what we do we're screwed. Cheers for pointing that out lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Why are we doing so bad?bad transfer policy.
    Wrong players bought,too many midfielders and not enough
    defenders.
    I lay all off this at the feet of Baldini.
    He should be sacked,in fact should have been sacked ages ago.
    It his job to make the right calls and he has made bad call after
    bad call.
    At least Commoli got some calls right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Draw for next round shortly

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

14 years and nearly as many managers
    1 trophy
    1 CL qualification
    Net spend surplus
    Squad of spineless wasters
    Best players always sold
    Some of the highest ticket prices in Europe
    No new stadium

Take your profits with u and just fcuk off out of our club ENIC

14 years and nearly as many managers
    1 trophy
    1 CL qualification
    Net spend surplus
    Squad of spineless wasters
    Best players always sold
    Some of the highest ticket prices in Europe
    No new stadium

Take your profits with u and just fcuk off out of our club ENIC

Well atleast you're now sticking to the right thread!

I just want owners fully focused on football success

ENIC have conned the supporters long enough

Glad to see more and more copping onto their facade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

I just want owners fully focused on football success

Off you go and support Chelsea or Man City and their owners with deep pockets. Football is a business, you don't seem to grasp this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Off you go and support Chelsea or Man City and their owners with deep pockets. Football is a business, you don't seem to grasp this.

You forgot Levy's short arms :D

• Advertisement

You're way off the mark - ENIC have you duped

Wouldn't it be nice if ENIC spent at least the amount of money they received from player sales in the transfer market. Is that too much to ask in an environment of record TV and sponsorship revenue ?

They don't care as long as the cash keeps rolling in and fans like you blindly accept their bull****.

Wake up

You're way off the mark - ENIC have you duped

Wouldn't it be nice if ENIC spent at least the amount of money they received from player sales in the transfer market. Is that too much to ask in an environment of record TV and sponsorship revenue ?

They don't care as long as the cash keeps rolling in and fans like you blindly accept their bull****.

Wake up

Its amazing how you do this every year. Only during some bad spells mind you. I bet you'll be quiet again when we do actually manage to string some results together.

irishmover wrote: »
    Its amazing how you do this every year. Only during some bad spells mind you. I bet you'll be quiet again when we do actually manage to string some results together.

Tell me we're I'm wrong then

And I think you'll find my view is consistent regardless of our form

14 years later, where are we going ?

Tell me we're I'm wrong then

And Tell me why ENIC are good for us and what you think they will achieve

No because this has been talked about by you and many people on here to death. It only ever goes in a circle. There's been nothing new to add to any of this for a while.

I do however find it a bit strange how you're so keen to spark this debate whenever you feel upset with recent events at the club. I know you've supported the club for a long time but I Dont remember the last time you've posted anything positive about anything. I dont know how anyone supports a club the way you do but fair play for being persistent nonetheless.

I love the club and post plenty of positive stuff.

If you don't want to discuss this topic it's probably best not to respond to my posts.

I love the club and post plenty of positive stuff.

If you don't want to discuss this topic it's probably best not to respond to my posts.

Probably best is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Does anyone know for sure that Joe Lewis actually does support Spurs? I ask because I saw an article, God knows where, questioning this assumption and now I'm wondering myself. He's a billionaire but this is how he's supporting the club? Alan Sugar wasn't even this bad FFS!!! Lowest net spenders for the last few seasons. WTF? Some supporter he is....I've probably made more net investment in the club than Joe.

Time to get rid of Joe as he clearly just sees the club as a method of procuring more yachts....and he can take that Blofeld looking twat up in the stands with him. Blofeld Levy mustn't know what to do at the moment. He surely can't sack yet another manager so the alternative is to....um....ahem ...feck it I don't know what else Levy does in this situation.

Tottenham to crackdown on anti-Daniel Levy banners at White Hart Lane
    Spurs fans will not be allowed to display banners that are anti-Chairman Daniel Levy, but the club says it will not drown out booing or chanting by playing loud music

Ban: Tottenham will not allow their fans to display anti-Daniel Levy banners Photo: ACTION IMAGES By Matt Law
    12:16PM GMT 11 Nov 2014

Fed-up Tottenham Hotspur fans will not be able to display anti-Daniel Levy banners inside White Hart Lane.

But Spurs insist the club will not try to drown out anti-Levy chanting or booing by playing loud music inside the stadium.

Chairman Levy is increasingly coming under attack from supporters‎, who are annoyed by this season's results and the way in which Spurs are run.

Fans claimed on social media that they had anti-Levy banner‎s taken off them by Spurs stewards during Sunday's defeat to Stoke City.

Tottenham insist all banners have to receive approval before being taken into the ground for health and safety reasons.

Any 'Levy-out' banners will be rejected on the basis that they could insight anger and even potentially violence between fans who hold different opinions.

Spurs point out that it was for the same reason that travelling Newcastle supporters were not allowed to take 'Pardew Out' banners into White Hart Lane.

Fans were also angered by the fact their full-time boos against Stoke were drowned out by loud music played over the public address system.

Tottenham claim music is always played at the end of matches, but acknowledge it was louder on Sunday due to a new operator taking charge of the volume control.

Clubs officials are adamant there was no deliberate attempt to drown out booing and that the music will return to a lower level for the next home game.

Fans will not be stopped from chanting against Levy, head coach Mauricio Pochettino or the Tottenham players if they feel the wish to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

this just has to be lies - how can poch have a detailed conversation with jan ? firstly jan is a baby who wont talk to anyone if he is dropped and secondly poch cant really speak english

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jan-vertonghen-tottenham-will-benefit-from-mauricio-pochettinos-approach--in-the-end-9854080.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

banners at away games... and plenty of them. Stewarts in away grounds will take longer to get them removed from an away section.

Tottenham players question Daniel Levy as Mauricio Pochettino plans to meet squad to discuss poor form

Tottenham Hotspur players are increasingly concerned that the club will never become truly successful while Daniel Levy is chairman.

Head coach Mauricio Pochettino plans to hold a round of meetings with his players when they return from international duty to try to solve the mental problems he feels exist within the squad. But it is Levy who needs to convince a growing group of players the way in which he runs the club is not the biggest problem facing Spurs.

The Daily Telegraph understands players have discussed “the bigger picture” with one another and are worried that it will be two steps backwards for every one taken forwards under Levy.

There is confusion over who exactly is controlling the transfer strategy and whether Pochettino actually wants the players he has been given to work with. Those who feel they are not part of his long-term plans are concerned they will be denied moves away from Spurs by Levy’s inflated asking prices.

No players are trying to directly blame Levy for the poor results this season, but Pochettino may find it difficult to properly motivate those who think Tottenham cannot achieve consistent success under the chairman

An increasing number of Spurs supporters are turning on Levy and there were claims on social media that fans had “Levy Out” banners taken off them by club stewards at the game against Stoke City on Sunday.

Anybody wishing to take a banner inside White Hart Lane must get the prior approval of the club for health and safety reasons.

American investment firm Cain Hoy made a preliminary approach to buy Tottenham in September, but shelved the move with questions remaining over Levy’s efforts to take the club into a new stadium.

Supporters of Levy point out that he has made Tottenham a financially sound club and helped to transform them into a regular top-six outfit.

Despite seeing his team fall to their fifth Premier League defeat of the season against Stoke City, Pochettino’s position is not considered to be under immediate threat.

Spurs sources insist Levy always accepted this would be a season of transition and rebuilding when he appointed Pochettino and the club remain confident in the Argentine’s ability.

Unlike his predecessors Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, Pochettino enjoys a good relationship with Levy and Franco Baldini, the director of football.

Pochettino’s biggest challenge is to try to find out why his players are struggling to transfer the hard work done on the training pitch to matchdays. He will speak to those who are not on international duty this week and arrange more meetings with the others when they return.

Players brave enough to speak up may question Pochettino on his rotation policy that has been a source of frustration for some of them.

Pochettino has chopped and changed his team, fielding different sides in the Europa League and Premier League, and constantly switching his central defenders. That has resulted in inconsistent performances and players struggling to adapt to his methods in match situations.

It may well be the case that having only taken over in the summer, Pochettino is yet to decide on his best team and his selections will settle down over time.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho tries to make as few changes as possible for Premier League games and that has been noted within the Spurs squad.

Pochettino must also be careful of cliques developing in his squad – particularly among the Spanish-speaking players. It is understood that Spurs’ South Americans, together with Roberto Soldado, are still speaking Spanish to each other at the club’s Enfield training ground, despite the club’s best efforts to improve their English.

This is such rubbish

How can they have a good relationship with poch can't speak English

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What do you mean? who can't speak English?

What do you mean? who can't speak English?

Poch . You ever heard his interviews ?

mickman wrote: »
    Poch . You ever heard his interviews ?

His interviews are fine, his English is good, much better than I was expecting.

His interviews are fine, his English is good, much better than I was expecting.

Good ? Are you joking

You think he can get his ideas across with that English ? No chance

The players have said they don't understand what he wants them to do

mickman wrote: »
    Good ? Are you joking

You think he can get his ideas across with that English ? No chance

The players have said they don't understand what he wants them to do

Well then they're fcuking stupid, anyway I don't believe they said that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The lads at Southampton managed to get the jist? His English is fine, no worse then Scolari/Ancelotti.

Advertisement