Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Levy/Joe Lewis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I think Levy has a DOF system in place so he can distance himself from blame when the enevitible **** hits the fan - it's just one big buck passing exercise.

Executives usually live and die by their decisions Levy seems to be one of the rare exceptions.

So long as uncle Joe's investment keeps growing there'll be no pressure on Levy, unless the fans turn on him, which is starting to happen thankfully

Of course it's buck passing. Why would you want a business man holding the buck football wise at the club?

Any sane chairman will be smart enough to realise that he needs to let football experts do the football side of things.

Can't believe you're still confused about that. After all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

see below link.......

''The chairman intends to take a less involved role in the club's football operations and transfer business after repeated mistakes which have hampered the club's growth.

An internal review after Spurs' disappointing start to the season resulted in a decision to restructure the football side of the club, with Levy telling confidants that he will take a step back and focus on financing and delivering the planned new 56,000-seater stadium.''

Read the article: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/12/17/7136212/baldini-on-the-brink-levys-reduced-role-inside-the-tottenham?CMPID=TWUK_141217_tottenhamrestructurespecialreport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

What do the ENIC out crowd have to say about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

What do the ENIC out crowd have to say about this?

I say talk is cheap. Lets see if Levy walks the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Andre Villas Boas has conducted an interview Portuguese TV which will cause quite a stir in English football. He's confirmed talks with Liverpool but said he has no desire to return to the Premier League given some of the negative experiences he had whilst managing clubs in London. Villas Boas has some decent points but the overriding theme of nothing being his fault won't go down too well with many supporters who became frustrated with his ways.

On Tottenham and who Mais Futebal call the president - likely to be Daniel Levy, Villas Boas said "As for the president, he offered me a challenge to increase the competitive level of Tottenham but soon Modric left and they didn't get the targets identified by me... names like Joao Moutinho, Willian, Oscar and Leandro Damiao.

"Promises that were not kept. It was a group of players chosen by me and I felt we should come out in agreement. In two years I lost Van der Vaart, Modric, Bale, and all the promises that were made failed. Anyway, I do not look at Tottenham as a negative experience. It was an experience that needed to be."

An experience that needed to be? Like tonsil removal?

Villas Boas defended his record at Tottenham and believed he did well despite the broken promises, insisting he wasn't sacked "Tottenham set a record for points and victories in my first season, came within a point of qualifying for the Champions League and made a major campaign in the Europa League, to the quarter-finals, where we were eliminated on penalties with Basel.

"I ended up leaving by mutual agreement - not dismissal - because I didn't quite support the choice of the sports director that has now been sold to other ambitions, causing me to have players without the desired profile. I speak of Franco Baldini, who came from AS Roma and is now in a down position, exiting the club."

• Advertisement

Always thought that AVB wanted Van Der Vaart out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I speak of Franco Baldini, who came from AS Roma and is now in a down position, exiting the club."

Hopefully this is true. I know there's a lot of rumours about it but I won't be happy until he's gone. Giving Mitchell a fair crack of the whip to try sort out our recruitment policy.

Hopefully this is true. I know there's a lot of rumours about it but I won't be happy until he's gone. Giving Mitchell a fair crack of the whip to try sort out our recruitment policy.

Eriksen recently said it was more down Baldini & Levy, for him choosing Tottenham, not so much AVB.

Franco looks a cool cat, he'd make a good representative, finalizing deals as such.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Franco looks a cool cat, he'd make a good representative, finalizing deals as such.

Yes but the three transfers which were most influenced by him - Lamela, Chiriches and Paulinho - haven't exactly worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Hopefully levy let's the manager buy players from now on.

As we can see with avb saying players were identified but promises not kept. That says to me that he gave a list of players he wanted, levy said we'll get them, then went back and said, they're abit expensive so you can have these fellas instead

That is never gonna work, manager wants players he wants specifically to implement a system or gameplan.

• Advertisement

Yes but the three transfers which were most influenced by him - Lamela, Chiriches and Paulinho - haven't exactly worked out.

In total agreement there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Well william was delivered but chose Chelsea at the last min - nothing we could do there

bring on a Qatar mob

lets get back to winning stuff

bring on a Qatar mob

lets get back to winning stuff

I'm afraid I cannot agree, I'd prefer to earn stuff and get delight out of seeing us punching above our weight. I look at Chelsea and Man City and I'm not envious, to me they get no respect at all after buying their way to the top, I look at Man Utd, even Arsenal and I say yes, they've earned some respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I reckon to compete you have to do a City/Chelsea these days. Our run of competing a couple of years ago was a bit of a fluke IMO. We were blessed to have Bale,Modric,VDV All at the same time and players like Parker,Keane,Crouch who all did a job for us.

I won't be dancing around if it comes off but IMO anyway it has to be done.

I'm afraid I cannot agree, I'd prefer to earn stuff and get delight out of seeing us punching above our weight. I look at Chelsea and Man City and I'm not envious, to me they get no respect at all after buying their way to the top, I look at Man Utd, even Arsenal and I say yes, they've earned some respect.

each to their own - I don't enjoy spurs constantly being in a transition period - having to sell before we buy - winning nothing year after year - it's quite depressing actually

say what you like about the chelsea's and man city's owners but you cant say they are not ambitious

each to their own - I don't enjoy spurs constantly being in a transition period - having to sell before we buy - winning nothing year after year - it's quite depressing actually

say what you like about the chelsea's and man city's owners but you cant say they are not ambitious

Bring on the money 100%

Much as I'd prefer it wasn't the EPL is all about money now so bring it on.

If we get a sugar daddy, any success we have will be caused by money and not football. Money bores the hell out of me.

Each to their own though. Not saying I'm right.

see below link.......

''The chairman intends to take a less involved role in the club's football operations and transfer business after repeated mistakes which have hampered the club's growth.

An internal review after Spurs' disappointing start to the season resulted in a decision to restructure the football side of the club, with Levy telling confidants that he will take a step back and focus on financing and delivering the planned new 56,000-seater stadium.''

Read the article: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/12/17/7136212/baldini-on-the-brink-levys-reduced-role-inside-the-tottenham?CMPID=TWUK_141217_tottenhamrestructurespecialreport

No source named always raises doubts about authenticity, but it's a plausible article, and interesting.

• Advertisement

One massive issue that The Sun has not mentioned about the Qatar money is that under UEFA/FIFA regulation, one company can not own two football clubs. The Qataris own PSG. They'd have to sell PSG before buying us, alternatively they could buy 49% of Spurs.... but that will hardly result in a sh*t load of money being pumped in Man City-style.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

One massive issue that The Sun has not mentioned about the Qatar money is that under UEFA/FIFA regulation, one company can not own two football clubs. The Qataris own PSG. They'd have to sell PSG before buying us, alternatively they could buy 49% of Spurs.... but that will hardly result in a sh*t load of money being pumped in Man City-style.

FIFA would never just arbitrarily changed their rules now would they, after all they're such an honest and upstanding organisation.

In any case, I'm not sure what you say is accurate, perhaps you're talking about the champions league? (plenty of teams owners own other teams in different countries, man city and chelsea jump to mind)

In any case, I'm not sure what you say is accurate, perhaps you're talking about the champions league? (plenty of teams owners own other teams in different countries, man city and chelsea jump to mind)

You're right.....

"The UEFA Rules were brought in following a high profile case in 2000 and were first established for the 2000/01 season. The rule prohibits two football clubs in which a person or a company has an interest from being admitted into the same UEFA club competition."

OK, so if the Qataris takeover we might win the league but we might not get Champions League football.

New Years resolution - No more ENIC commentary

What will be will be :)

Thank god :-)

😦

I always knew you were a noble man.

I sit fairly square on the fence (unusual for me) when it comes to arguments over Daniel Levy, though figures released today are pretty impressive...
    Revenue for the year ended 30 June 2014 was at a record level of £180.5m, an increase of 22% on the prior year (2013: £147.4m).

Profit from operations excluding football trading and before restructuring and depreciation was £36.0m (2013: £23.4m). Profit for the year after interest and tax was £65.3m (2013: £1.5m).

The Club had net funds of £3.2m at the year end (2013: net debt £54.8m) and net assets had risen to £183.7 million (2013: £78.4m).

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/financial-results-270315/

I know profit doesn't win leagues, but I'd rather be in a good financial position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

This just proves Spurs area business. How dare these guys make record revenue increases for our club. Damn leeches.

Advertisement