Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting to Silverstone

• 01-09-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Got a gift to drive a Ferrari around Silverstone and looking to head over around October.

Was probably going to make a long weekend of it and spend the majority of the time in London.

Can any one recommend travel suggestions? Which would be the best airport to fly to/ from?

Driving directions from centre of London, Google maps gives under 2hours. Is this realistic?

Any body with any other information would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tommiejoie

Hey guys,
    Got a gift to drive a Ferrari around Silverstone and looking to head over around October.

Was probably going to make a long weekend of it and spend the majority of the time in London.

Can any one recommend travel suggestions? Which would be the best airport to fly to/ from?

Driving directions from centre of London, Google maps gives under 2hours. Is this realistic?

Any body with any other information would be gratefully appreciated.

I havn't driven there, but 2hrs from London is probably realistic I'd say. Silverstone is right off a motorway so I'd doubt it's much hassle to get there. I once went from Luton to Milton-Keynes and it took less than an hour, I think Silverstone is another 30mins on.

Other options would be Birmingham which is reasonably close and public transport is available.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Thanks for that!

Do you know if it is serviced by public transport at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭someday2010

Luton is the most suitable airport.

Birmingham is close also but obviously farther from London

Public transport connections from the railway stations such as Northampton and Milton Keynes is atrocious so Id recommend hiring a car at Luton and drive up the M1

Advertisement