Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do I go with this??

• 01-09-2010 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

Right. Before I make a complete idiot of myself, can someone please give me some input on this.

Applied for JSB in Balbriggan on 29th July (that was my interview date).

I was told by a very happy gentleman behind the desk, that I'd hear from them in a couple of weeks and there should be no problems.

North Cumberland street apparently deal with claims from Balbriggan.

Rang North Cumberland street 2 weeks ago. By some almighty fluke I got through on the first try, and was told that my claim was being processed and would be another 2-3 weeks. Haven't heard a thing since then.

So,I rang again (North Cumberland Street) ten minutes ago. Got through on try number 3. Was told (by the same lady I think), that my claim was in Balbriggan - they only deal with claims being paid out. I informed her that wasn't what I was told 2 weeks ago. She assured me that it was.....

Tried Balbriggan 3 times. Was hung up on...3 times.

So although I'm aware it's only over a month since I spoke to them - can someone please tell me where I go with this before I blow a fuse. I need the money. I cannot apply for my mortgage insurance to pay out and cover my monthly mortgage payments until the Social Welfare have approved my claim. I want to pay for a couple of courses to do while I'm job hunting, and I have bills to pay.

Anyone? Before I go in there and try and beat some sense into these people? How hard can it be???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You can go to your local Health Board officer and they will pay you out the equivalent, it seems to give the SW a kick up the arse when you go down this route as well. I was waiting about 6 weeks and went down the HB route, they paid the back money I was owed and 2 days later I got the letter from the SW to say that my claim had now been processed and I could collect it every Wednesday. Citizens Advice or the social welfare office should have details of times and locations for the HB people in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Thank you. I know compared to other people's problems it's not massive, but I'm so annoyed about the whole thing.It's not like they've had a sudden influx of people, they've been at this 2 and a half years by now.....the system should be like a well-oiled machine by now (I know, I know:rolleyes:).

Like I said before.....how hard can it be??

Seems to me they just like to hold on to the money as long as possible and make up rubbish excuses. Once you are getting the money from the Health Board anyway all these administration problems seem to suddenly magically disappear :rolleyes:

Community Welfare Officer it's called sorry! They can be found here:

Balbriggan

Health Centre
    Hampton Street
    Balbriggan
    Co. Dublin

Tel: +353 1 841 2138

Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 9.00-1.00 & 2.15-5.00

Ring during office hours and ask what hours they are in, it's usually just a few hours a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

Balbriggan is a bit of a mess at the moment!

The office there used to be a branch office (its like a franchise! not a full office), however when they decided to upgrade it to a full office there were some issues, and there was no office in Balbriggan at all for quite some time.

Now with the office partly open, its all a bit messy. as far as i can tell Balbriggan is only dealing with New New applicants, where as older pending claims are still being dealt with in North Cumberland St.

here is a link to the Balbriggan office http://www.welfare.ie/EN/ContactUs/Pages/swlo_balbriggan.aspx from which i am drawing the conclusion you should be dealing with the North cumberland office.

however if it is easier for you to get into Balbriggan, i would suggest you drop in there for some advice, as they should be able to pull up details on the computer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement