Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM LOSERS

Options
  • 01-09-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Why is it that when the rest of the country are being made reduntant and / or going out of business, the schmucks at Eircom think it's ok to take 16 WORKING DAYS to fix a fault with a phone line????????

Fair enough, I switched to Perlico as I did not want that shower of whatever's getting any more of my money than they had to - I know that was probably a bad move in terms of ensuring any kind of service from them. I have called the fault line EVERY day. My husband works from home, it's a pretty big deal for us not to have either phone or broadband - but it's ok, Eircom "should get a crew out in the next 2-3 working days, we have an agreement with them" (said Perlico).

That was on the 13th August - it's now the 1st September. I was told today that they "left a note" (where I have NO idea) to say they'd need to make an appointment. Perlico called them and called me back. "No, they don't need to make an appointment, they're dispatching a crew". "Is that not what they did in the first place?" I asked. "It is, but they need to dispatch another one as the fault is still there".

"How long?" says I..........."2 to 3 working days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - so we've come the full circle - those SOBs have been paid their wages for the last two weeks, and my husband can't do his job as they won't do theirs! The difference is they get paid anyway!

Excuse the rant, but it's this or do criminal damage.....I'd be delighted to have a rant with others with similar experiences.........I feel marginally better now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

If you use your ADSL line for Business I'd recommend you get a Business ADSL Line with a Service Level Agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd like someone from Eircom to confirm that they are not crawling around at snail-pace to fix faults on lines connected to non-Eircom customers. Eircom calls the shots, as Eircom can only touch the lines, and I really have my suspicions about what they're up to. The same goes for broadband line-speeds etc etc...

When BT lost their monopoly in the UK, they played silly buggers, because they didn't like having any competition whatsoever. An old boss of mine in the UK was telling me that, when Cable and Wireless were allowed to compete with BT, he ordered a new office telephone/intercom system. The C&W guys installed the new system, but only BT was allowed to connect it to the telephone line. Despite BT being contacted every couple of days, it took them 6 weeks to disconnect the old phones and connect the new ones, a 5 minute job.

I can well believe that Eircom is up to this kind of carry-on, and I'll carry on believing this, until proven otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Argenvino wrote: »
    Why is it that when the rest of the country are being made reduntant and / or going out of business, the schmucks at Eircom think it's ok to take 16 WORKING DAYS to fix a fault with a phone line????????

Fair enough, I switched to Perlico as I did not want that shower of whatever's getting any more of my money than they had to - I know that was probably a bad move in terms of ensuring any kind of service from them. I have called the fault line EVERY day. My husband works from home, it's a pretty big deal for us not to have either phone or broadband - but it's ok, Eircom "should get a crew out in the next 2-3 working days, we have an agreement with them" (said Perlico).

That was on the 13th August - it's now the 1st September. I was told today that they "left a note" (where I have NO idea) to say they'd need to make an appointment. Perlico called them and called me back. "No, they don't need to make an appointment, they're dispatching a crew". "Is that not what they did in the first place?" I asked. "It is, but they need to dispatch another one as the fault is still there".

"How long?" says I..........."2 to 3 working days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - so we've come the full circle - those SOBs have been paid their wages for the last two weeks, and my husband can't do his job as they won't do theirs! The difference is they get paid anyway!

Excuse the rant, but it's this or do criminal damage.....I'd be delighted to have a rant with others with similar experiences.........I feel marginally better now.

Ring 1901
    Say....... Agent .... Agent ...Agent untill you get a human to talk back to you.
    Ask the person their name and extension number.
    Then ask them for the eircom complaints number, this is an external department that handles complaints.

Ring the complaints number, get the name of the person you are talking to, make your complaint, mention comreg (and eircoms obligation to maintain the line even if the service is not with eircom as perlico pay eircom for the line).

Hang up, sit back and relax you should have your fault dealt with fairly promptly.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'd like someone from Eircom to confirm that they are not crawling around at snail-pace to fix faults on lines connected to non-Eircom customers. Eircom calls the shots, as Eircom can only touch the lines, and I really have my suspicions about what they're up to. The same goes for broadband line-speeds etc etc...

When BT lost their monopoly in the UK, they played silly buggers, because they didn't like having any competition whatsoever. An old boss of mine in the UK was telling me that, when Cable and Wireless were allowed to compete with BT, he ordered a new office telephone/intercom system. The C&W guys installed the new system, but only BT was allowed to connect it to the telephone line. Despite BT being contacted every couple of days, it took them 6 weeks to disconnect the old phones and connect the new ones, a 5 minute job.

I can well believe that Eircom is up to this kind of carry-on, and I'll carry on believing this, until proven otherwise.

this is quite plausible, I got a next-day callout because I'm with Eircom, can't imagine getting them out that quick if I was with another provider using their lines

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Argenvino

Cheers FWT - will give it ago. If nothing else I might get some sadistic pleasure out of annoying someone else.....

Mr Clancy, I take the point about an ADSL line. But I just don't get why I should have to pay extra to ensure I get a decent service (not for one second will I believe that I would get this for nothing).

Anyway, I have no phone line either, and that's what's affecting the broadband.

The Groutch, that was impressive. We built a house and it was 8 months before they connected us with a phone line - that was one of the reasons I left them. They're cleary not desperate for business - I guess that's what comes from not having any competition......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The Groutch, that was impressive. We built a house and it was 8 months before they connected us with a phone line - that was one of the reasons I left them. They're cleary not desperate for business - I guess that's what comes from not having any competition......

Mine was just in relation to fixing a fault (similar to the OP), my initial set-up was about a week start to finish (including receiving a modem) because the lines were already there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Mr Clancy, I take the point about an ADSL line. But I just don't get why I should have to pay extra to ensure I get a decent service (not for one second will I believe that I would get this for nothing).

Because there is a service level agreement on Business ADSL lines, i.e. I had a 4 hour SLA on my DSL Line, since i used it for work it was paid for by work.

On consumer lines there is no such agreement so there is no fixed period in which they have to repair a line.

All you can do is complain but alot of the time your banging out head against a brick wall. I've seen some people offline 6 weeks on a consumer line and a line fault resolved in 2 hours on a business line.

Merely saying that if you use it for work then dont have a loss of earnings over just having consumer support

http://business.eircom.net/broadband/moreinfo/?package=busLiteNGB

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Definately agree with FWT. Nice and calm. Ask for complaints, explain issue and Comreg and ask for manager/super and explain it all again if necessary.
    I finally got a nice person and their direct number. Problem was dealt with qiute quickly after that. And no, you can't have their number.

Advertisement