Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from zooplus.ie

Options
  • 01-09-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭

I ordered some cat and dog food from zooplus on monday evening. Just wondering how long does it normally take to arrive? I never received an email confirming my order which I thought was a bit weird considering I gave them both my email address and my mobile number, do they normally send out an email saying they received your order?

Also what is the Cosma welcome pack? On my order overview it says I got a '1 x 178170.1 Cosma Welcome Pack - Free as a thank you for your order!', what is it? :confused:

It says this beside todays date:
    Send: Delivery Service DHL
    • Warehouse
    • Distribution Center
    • Goal Distribution Center
    So I presume it's out of zooplus's hands and now with DHL? Iv never ordered from zooplus before so sorry for all the questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

normally a week for me and i live in sligo. excellent choice of food. buy my dogs orijen there normally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

If I order from them on Monday I usually get my delivery by Friday, if that's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I ordered some cat and dog food from zooplus on monday evening. Just wondering how long does it normally take to arrive? I never received an email confirming my order which I thought was a bit weird considering I gave them both my email address and my mobile number, do they normally send out an email saying they received your order?

Also what is the Cosma welcome pack? On my order overview it says I got a '1 x 178170.1 Cosma Welcome Pack - Free as a thank you for your order!', what is it? :confused:

It says this beside todays date:

Send: Delivery Service DHL
    • Warehouse
    • Distribution Center
    • Goal Distribution Center
    So I presume it's out of zooplus's hands and now with DHL? Iv never ordered from zooplus before so sorry for all the questions.

Hey there,

Ive been ordering form Zooplus for over 3 years now and find them excellent... usually takes around 3-5 days for my orders... i order Burns dog food, toys etc...

Dont worry you will receive your email... it may take a few days, for me usully i get the email when my order have been dispacthed etc... and your credit card will only be debited when they items have been dispatched!

Not sure what a comas pack is?? but i did get 5% off my first order and free delivery...

Have to say i find them excellent! :D

Hopefully you will get your order before the weekend....

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

I got a free sample of dog treats the first time I ordered off zooplus so maybe it's something like that?

btw it can often be cheaper to order off the UK site, so that's what I usually do. It's all coming from Germany anyway no matter which version of the site you place your order. Also I think the free delivery order value threshold is lower on the UK site.

but anyway, I've never had any problems with them at all - have found them to be very good in fact. It can take a day or two for them to send the confirmation email. In my experience it takes anywhere up to a week for the delivery to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Thanks, hopefully I get it before the weekend. The poor dog has been living on rice mixed in with either chicken/sardines/liver for the last week, and Iv had to give the cat whiskas for the last week. Although the dogs not argueing with his new diet in fact he loves it but the cat's litter tray hasn't been too pleasant.

I checked out the .co.uk site and added the exact same things to the cart and it came out as £47.79 yet the .ie site was €49.82, both with free postage, after the exchange rate the .co.uk site is probably more expensive for the things I was getting. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It says on their siewithin 7 working days so you need to allow for the 7 working days to get your order, sometimes they can be out of stock so it's important to re-order early but once you get in to the habit of ordering ahead you do save a lot of money.

Depending on what you order the uk one can be cheaper, guess it's worth just double checking a couple of different zooplus sites each time you order to see what offers there are.

I ordered a bag of dog food Last Thursday and got it today.

You normally get an e-mail confirming the order fairly quickly, it could of ended up in your spam perhaps but if you don't hear anything perhaps e-mail them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OP if you sign in you can view the order status. Usually when i order stuff i get the confirmation within a few mins and then a dispatch notice the next day.

I still haven't got the confirmation email and it's definitely not in my spam folder. It doesn't matter anyways because I got the email about my order being dispatched not long after my last post. Hope it arrives soon because the dog is starting to pollute the place with farts. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

sionnaic wrote: »
    btw it can often be cheaper to order off the UK site, so that's what I usually do. It's all coming from Germany anyway no matter which version of the site you place your order. Also I think the free delivery order value threshold is lower on the UK site.

but anyway, I've never had any problems with them at all - have found them to be very good in fact. It can take a day or two for them to send the confirmation email. In my experience it takes anywhere up to a week for the delivery to arrive.

I order all my food, litter, toys and cat trees from them and find them very good and reliable too. And I totally agree with sionnaic - check the uk site along with the German and French sites when placing an order as I find that the UK site has double packs of Orijen at a much cheaper price and I got a large cat tree for 50 Euro less on the German site and you still get free postage if the order's over a certan amount.
    I normally get an email within a day or two but if you track the order online you can keep an eye on what's happening with it. Usually, if I place an order on a Monday, it will arrive by Friday at the latest but make sure there's someone there to sign for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

get it from zooplus.co.uk

much cheaper.......................:)

• Advertisement

I checked both the german site and the french site, on the german site for the exact same things it's €57.06 inc. the €4.90 postage, on the french site it's €59.65 inc. €3 postage. In an earlier post I mentioned that the UK site was £47.79. Im actually shocked that for once Ireland is cheaper. :eek:
    Next time Im ordering Il check again as prices do go up and down and sometimes there does be offers on one site, but what I cannot understand is why are there different prices in the first place if it all comes from germany anyways. :confused:

Forgot to mention the irish site is €49.82.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The price difference in various countries could have something to do with tax.

They are always doing various offers if you're on facebook the uk one has a page on it and they list all the offers.

What is annoying though is that the Burns dog food I buy is from an Irish company as far as I'm aware two counties away from me and yet it costs me around 7 euro more to buy it locally than order from zooplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I used to alway check the difference between the .ie, .co.uk, and .de sites as some products are cheaper than others on each site, so it all depends on what you need to order. However, the last times I had ordered on the UK and German sites, they shipped the order through DHL and they gave it to An Post to deliver. I ordered a 40 litre bag of Oko plus cat litter and the 7kg bag of cat food, and the post office said if they receive an order of that weight again they will not deliver as it's over their post package restrictions :mad: . The .ie site is the only one that lets you choose the courier (which you have to pay €3 extra to use GLS even if your order is the free limit) so I have to use that now to garauntee I get my order!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I ordered a filter from them on 26/08, no sign of it yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The .ie site is the only one that lets you choose the courier (which you have to pay €3 extra to use GLS even if your order is the free limit) so I have to use that now to garauntee I get my order!

You're better off with GLS tbh. They used to be crap but I've found them much faster than DHL nowadays also DHL have lost a few orders on me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

However, the last times I had ordered on the UK and German sites, they shipped the order through DHL and they gave it to An Post to deliver.

The reason why DHL is used and is free is because DHL in Germany is the equivalent of An Post here. Its not the DHL we know i.e. a courier service. So for small items An Post deliver them in Ireland after getting them from DHL(Germany).

I got a dog crate recently from Zooplus and as it was heavy it was delivered by GLS - not DHL(Germany)/An Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

They seem to be using An Post for everything since early this year, I get 2 months of wet food at a time (2 very heavy parcels usually) and the postman has never complained.

Well everything arrived this morning with an post. The welcome pack is 2 small tins of cosma cat food. They threw in an extra packet of beef throat chews too! :D
    The packaging is pretty crappy, everything just loose in a big cardboard box and taped up with a bit of brown tape, the box was very easily opened so someone could very easily have opened it up and had a peek. I have received things from online before where it's like trying to get into fort knox opening the box. I didn't even need a knife to open this box. It wouldn't have required much effort to wrap around a few extra layers of brown tape. Thank dog the salmon oil was in a plastic bottle and not in a glass bottle or else it would have been messy.
    Other than that Im happy and will be ordering again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 secretnoise

would u not have been quicker going to the shop , rather than waiting 4 a week to have it delivered

would u not have been quicker going to the shop , rather than waiting 4 a week to have it delivered

The cat food that I buy can only be gotten in germany. The nearest shop that sells the dog food that I give my dog is over an hour and a half away. Had to get a few other things like salmon oil that are impossible to find in shops over here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement