Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tm-800hd firmware update

• 01-09-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hi all, can somebody give me some information on updating the firmware for my tm800hd . I am not good on computers.the box is not connected to the net all i have is mobile broadband, any advice please, thanks in advance liam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

does the 6800 have a USB port as you can download the firmware onto a USB stick and upgrade from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 liammccarthy

yes it has 2 of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

is it the TM800HD you have ?

if yes then you can do the following

TM800 downloads can be found here

http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/list.php?board=tm800hd

If you download an image make sure it is renamed TM800_update

1. Turn the AC power OFF at the back of the TM-800
    2. Download the image onto a USB drive
    3. Connect the USB drive to the TM-800
    4. Turn the AC power ON and keep pressing the Standby button on the front panel until it says MiniRoot (it should take about 3 presses)
    5. It will start to download automatically (takes 1 minute)

if that method does not work then try this

Turn box off "but do not insert usb stick"
    Turn back on an quickly push the standby button until miniroot appears in the screen.
    Insert Usb stick now.
    Press Menu
    Screen will count up very quickly and erase the flash.
    Successfull will show on the screen when done

thanks for that very helpful. any other helpful tips?

Just bear in mind some functionality is not working on the TM800 yet,

Card reader doesn't work, streaming and some PVR functions .... but hopefully will be soon.

• Advertisement

so i f i get a subscription card. i wont be able to view anything with it

Correct ...

although software is expected to be fully working by Mid September, although this is an estimated date so could be longer

where can i find out when a software update will remedy this?

if you use the link i posted above, this is the official firmware download site so any new firmware will appear there. It will also show a fix list of what items have been fixed

thanks I will save that page. can i download no 13 and do i have to do a factoty reset after downloading? do you have a Tm 800 hd if so how do you find it?

• Advertisement

Yes, No 13 is the latest image, if you have problems installing that then use No12 and then do an update over the net if you can (i see you are on mobile broadband so it maybe worth just tryng to install No13 firmware and if no joy then try 12)

But its worth doing a factory reset before and after the image is installed.

Despite the TM800hd missing a few obvious functions at the moment i think it will be a very good box once they are sorted. I've had mine since the first day they have come out and only use Linux sat boxes in my house

2 x TM9100
    1 X TM800HD
    1 X DM800HD
    3 X DM500

Bit overkill and they are not all used but i love them and wouldn't swap then for anything.
    Stick with the TM800HD and i'm sure that all th issues will be sorted out soon.

thanks for all that I feel a lot happier now .pity about the smartcard reader not working, If i have any other questions i will give you a shout

Advertisement