Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Router Recommendation please!!!

Options
  • 01-09-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I'm with Vodafone (formerly with BT) and my Belkin router (which is only about a year old) has packed up so I now need to get a new ADSL Router & would welcome any recommendations.
    Was away for the weekend & when I returned I couldn't connect despite rebooting a few times etc.. Rang Vodafone who checked & said line seemed OK but they as they don't support my Belkin model I didn't know if the fault is with them or with my own equipment.
    Got a loan of my sisters BT Voyager Router and that is operating perfectly so this suggests that my problem is with my router. Thus I must make a purchase!
    I'm missing my Broadband too much to wait for postal delivery so I reckon I will buy in Maplins or any other retailer local to Cork area.
    Not too hot in my knowledge of this whole area so would really welcome any suggestions as to what I should buy and that won't be too difficult to setup.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Netgear are usually pretty ok and the 834g is a long established model which is pretty good on iffy lines too.

If you want to think ahead it might be worth getting an 'n' standard one as a bit of future proofing.

http://netgear.co.uk/home_wireless_broadband_routers.php

www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk can be useful for user reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

I have the Netgear DGN2000 adsl/wireless n300 and it is very good. I think it's replaced now with the 2500 model. Well worth a try for about €100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 balabas

I also am on vodafone and just upgraded to the Netgear DGN2000 from the older(but perfectly great) Netgear DG834G.

DG834G is great if you don't want to spend loads

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

I have the Netgear DGN2000 adsl/wireless n300 and it is very good. I think it's replaced now with the 2500 model. Well worth a try for about €100.

Might be for sale as of tomorrow as I switched to UPC !!

Advertisement