Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill Pay Issue

Options
  • 03-08-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

heya guys and girls
    i entered into a an upgrade contract in may of this year but im after getting a job offer in Australia! Is there any way i can cancell the contract without gettin stung by the cancellation fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Read this thread (it's long but worth the hassle)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055977831

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭seandugg

Hi all,

I signed up for meteor bill pay 35 just over a month ago, this package included free meteor calls and text.

Just received the bill for last month and turns out they were charging me for calls and texts to meteor numbers without me knowing.

As a result towards the end of the month I was avoiding making calls so as not to go over my minutes.(Which I eventually did)

Called meteor support...They agreed to refund the charges for going over my allocated minutes usage but offered no compensation for the fact I had to avoiding making calls as normal for the last week of my bill....

Does anybody know what my rights are here? Do I have grounds just to pay this bill and cancel my direct debit/rest of my contract?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It was an error that they have now resolved? Wouldn't be grounds to cancel unless they don't get the free meteor calls activated on the account

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

that offer took 5 days to activate i think. a friend of mine works in meteor and she said a few people came back saying they didnt know. i imagine its in the t&c's but have a check. maybe they only charged you for the first five days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Happend to me when I first signed up to Meteor bill pay, before they were owned by Eircom and before I fecked off to O2 after a long running billing error episode with Meteor.

When I found out I went straight back to the store, and it was sorted out there and then. The amount for any calls/texts that I had made that I had been incorrectly charged for was credited against my 1st bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

seandugg wrote: »
    Hi all,

I signed up for meteor bill pay 35 just over a month ago, this package included free meteor calls and text.

Just received the bill for last month and turns out they were charging me for calls and texts to meteor numbers without me knowing.

As a result towards the end of the month I was avoiding making calls so as not to go over my minutes.(Which I eventually did)

Called meteor support...They agreed to refund the charges for going over my allocated minutes usage but offered no compensation for the fact I had to avoiding making calls as normal for the last week of my bill....

Does anybody know what my rights are here? Do I have grounds just to pay this bill and cancel my direct debit/rest of my contract?

Thanks
    The fact that you felt had to avoid making calls for one week would not be grounds to cancel a 12 month contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hi,

Have a problem with Meteor Bill Pay. Basically, on the 30 a month contract, and should have free Meteor to Meteor texts, calls, and 200 other network texts. I've factored in maybe a few euro for MMS, at the most, as everything else I do is covered by those free texts. My first bill was for 100 euro, and I had been charged for every single text I sent, naturally I complained and they apologised and after initially blaming the shop that set me up, said they would refund it. Except my next bill was the same, but with a 'gesture' of 50 euro, which doesn't even cover the amount I'm supposed to be refunded. Rang them up again, and they made it sound like they were being incredibly generous with this offer, even though I clearly explained I should have been paying about 35 euro at the very outset. So, instead of blaming the Meteor store this time, they blamed a system problem with the addons on my account not registering, and promised it would be fixed and the money refunded. Except I just checked my account there, and yes, 100 euro has been deducted, again.

Who do I complain to about this - Meteor themselves are absolutely useless and 3 phone calls later have done nothing to help - and how can I get out of this contract because I'm sick of Meteor and want to move to another network.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Maybe send something in writing? So an email or letter with a formal complain, telling them they have x amount of time to respond or you're going to comreg or the scc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Your first bill will definitely be more than €30 depending on the point in the month you started it... for instance mine was €39 first time.

However, that crap shouldn't have happened at all. I'd get onto them and ask to speak to a supervisor straight away, be nice but firm. Failing that, do what the poster above said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

My husband recently got a bill from Meteor too , he never uses the internet on it , I have pay as you go and get internet access for 1 euro a day so I used his presuming it was the same , well it wasnt. For 20 mins internet access he was charged 87 euro , this was seperate from his call charges. We were shocked. When he rang they said this was because he doesnt have internet access in his package but they would waive 27 euro as he is not an internet user. But he still had to pay 60 euro for the 20 mins. Needless to say I wont be using his phone again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they have now introduced the 99cent/day on bill-pay for those that like to use the internet occasionally:)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

Hi, My girlfriend signed up Meteor Connect 50 bill pay In january. 500 free texts/calls a month, and the main reason she signed up, free evening and weekend calls for life. In august she noticed she was getting charged for the evening and weekend calls. Several phone calls and emails later Meteor's basically lied and said she only had the deal for 6 months. Which contradicts the "for life" part of the deal.

Having seen the letter myself(Which the daft cow lost:mad:) and been instore when the Staff member confirmed the deal with his supervisor I'm more than a little pissed with their antics.

Just wondering if anyone else heard of this deal or has had a similar problem with the lying so & so's?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've merged all recent Meteor threads together, as there have been quite a few. It might help in getting with answers.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

Cheers for burying my post. By any chance do you work for Meteor?:P

Advertisement