Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Card?

Options
  • 01-09-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

My passport is out of date and I'm waiting for a new one to arrive-can I bring the old one to my student card collection? I'm still the person on the passport. I haven't expired :p Oh and does anyone know what time they are going online to register for phase 2 tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

No idea what time phase 2 opens but....................

Do we get our picture taken on the spot and then printed on the card at the collection?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Conor108 wrote: »
    Do we get our picture taken on the spot and then printed on the card at the collection?:)

Yes. They sit you down, take a picture and print the card out. That takes about a minute. Sometimes the ridiculously long, panic stricken "I must get my card as soon possible" queues take a lot longer than one minute :D
    snooleen wrote: »
    My passport is out of date and I'm waiting for a new one to arrive-can I bring the old one to my student card collection? I'm still the person on the passport. I haven't expired :p Oh and does anyone know what time they are going online to register for phase 2 tomorrow?

I think the old passport should be OK. They probably won't check it in great detail. It is just to confirm you are who you say you are. Maybe bring other ID with you as a backup or as confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

I read somewhere (I think in the guide booklets sent out by post) that you can bring your birth cert OR passport to collect your student card, but on the website it only says passport. I'll bring both anyway and sure I'll get it eventually if there are any problems. I am the person on the card/cert/passport anyway! :p Thanks for the help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Huh? Student cards dont get renewed anymore I thought

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Huh? Student cards dont get renewed anymore I thought

They are first years.

• Advertisement

I am a new student starting first year!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The_Mermaid

Other ID suffices as far as I know...Birth Cert or whatever. But a passport should still be good, so long as your picture isn't waaay out of date I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Sorry I read the OP as my student card is out of date

whooops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I'm still the person on the passport. I haven't expired :p

Reminds me of Dara O'Briain's stand up. Went something like this

Cashier: I'll need some sort of ID.
    O'Briain: Here's my passport
    Cashier: Sir, I'm afraid your Passport has expired
    O'Briain: Yes, but it's still me!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

I've been using my expired passport for the last year, I'm 13 in it, still look as fresh faced. If it can get me drink it can get me a student card.

• Advertisement

I'm 11 in mine and looking nothing like I do now...except my hair is still kinda the same colour. Actually it isn't really. If I have my birth cert to prove it oo I'll be all good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Picture on the spot? Fantastic...:eek:

Yeah that sounds like fun...:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Yeahhh

Yeah that sounds like fun...:/

I dont even have a passport :L so birth cert all the way :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

We don't have to wait until our Orientation days to get it, do we? I'm not due to get mine until Friday, but I need it tomorrow for checking into accomodation. Can I just turn up at the student centre tomorrow morning and get it there and then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement