Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indoor area

Options
  • 01-09-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hi folks I wondering does anybody have any suggestions as to where i mite be able to rent an indoor hall or medium to large area in the city centre or as close to. Im looking for somewhere for a group of people to practice and train one to two eves a week.

g

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What are they practicing? (Has an impact on the sorts of facilities you'll need, eg changing rooms, soundproofing, concrete floor or not, etc).

In general, does the type of thing you're doing have an organisation in Galway. They might have some ideas.

Otherwise you could try:

The Bandhall (not sure if it's got many free nights though).

091 Labs has lots of space (but not many facilities and it's very public/visible, and if it's sport ye are in to the might not want dozens of sweaty bodies).

School halls (though I have a feeling they don't like renting to strangers - see the other thread where someone wanted a stage)

Rowing club (not sure if you could get it every week)

The Commercial Boat Club (I've no idea what their facilities are like, never been there)

The Patrician Hall (I don't know where this is or what facilities it has, but saw it on a poster for something that meets regularly ... hmm, maybe it's a school hall?)

Claddagh Hall (think you have to be a resident to get it though)

Upstairs in a pub (eg Richardsons let their room out for all sorts ... depend on the activity you want to do ... and beware it's COLD up there in winter time!)

There are various sports halls in the suburbs, depends on how far you're willing to go.

Advertisement