Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenstar waste collections - any good?

Options
  • 01-09-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    thinking of changing my waste collections to Greenstar. anyone any experience of them? failing that, Panda or Greyhound - which is better in your opinions?

TIA
    CC

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

We use Greenstar and are very happy with them, very prompt on collections, texts to remind you, good around holidays etc.

I work for another company who have a waste management division and would consider Greenstar far better than them in terms of their offering to consumers and their customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I thought that Greenstar do the collections for Fingal co. co. anyway. At least in Lusk.

We recently switched to panda and are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

well just found out that greenstar don't cover Balbriggan, despite the fact that they sent leaflets around the whole area :rolleyes:

looks like it'll be Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Just changed to Panda this month after a sales rep came a knockin on the door in Rush.
    • Annual service charge (green/brown bins): €88 with Panda versus €110 with Fingal CoCo.
      • You can claim the unused balance back from the €110 paid to Fingal CoCo when you switch, will take a little time/effort though.
    • Black Bin (240L): €6.40 per lift with Panda (no tags), versus €8.00 (tags needed) with Fingal CoCo.
    • Panda also collect black bin every week, with alternating brown/green. If in doubt put them all out !
    • They bill you via email:
      • quarterly (I think) for Black Bin which may not suit all, and you can pay via phone, online, post office, cheque, etc...
      • annual service charge can be paid all at once or via two payments of €44, will also come with the quarterly bill if due.
    • Panda will also takeaway your existing council bins when they deliver your new Panda bins, or drop back later (10 day commitment) and collect if your council bins are not empty.
    So far so good, will be interesting to see how things progress, no bills received as of yet, but bins have been collected as scheduled.

Advertisement