Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specific word counts in open office

Options
  • 01-09-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

just on the off chance, does anyone know of an add-on or something for open office, where you can search for a specific word, and get a count on how many times it's used in a document? I have transcripts and i need to basically do a bit of a content analysis on them... Or even another program that would do the same thing? Not too keen on nVivo, and i'd like to keep it free/cheap if possible...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

The Find application - CTRL + F (APPLE + F) can do it, and just use 'Find All' to see how many times the word appears in the doc

edit: On Word it displays the number of times the serched term has appeared, some other programs only highlight it so I'm not definite

Advertisement