Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 01-09-2010 6:24pm
    Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.

Music Production has lobbied for a new thread for Questions about Mixes. This happened because no one thought the thread labeled "Let's Hear Your Music" was an appropriate thread to ask for Mix advice... I didn't start the request for that, but I agree with it.

In the mean time there's two places to post mixes:

- Main Forum

- The Let's Hear Your Music thread.

I just asked a mix question in the main forum and was banned for two weeks.

?!?!

And the MOD decided to use profanity and belittle me in his banning email.

I am ALSO starting to wonder if this is the SAME person that created a new account and attacked me, personally from this new account.

--

Here's the thing:

I'm in the forum every day almost, helping people. Many of these folks are my friends (yes, in real life). There's no groundswell of people crying out to ban me.

Why make this place so confrontational?

Why not simply move the thread and warn me????

Why immediately ban me (and all the help and content I try to bring) for two weeks?

It's gotta be personal.

Or this person doesn't have the patience/temperament to MOD?

Seriously considering finding a new online home.

-Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've contacted the mod responsible and requested their version of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

@Malice_: thanks for picking up on this.

@Milan: the proper procedure is to contact the co-mod or the mod and try to sort it out peacefully and respectfully. Failing that, the category mod will be more than happy to hear you out and look into any potential miscarriages of moderating. If you are still not satisfied, please come back here and I will be happy to talk to the mods/cmods and yourself and see if we can come to an agreement. Malice_ is looking into this for you, I hope you give him(her?) your full co-operation and help things move along smoothly and quickly.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

LoLth wrote: »

@Milan: the proper procedure is to contact the co-mod or the mod and try to sort it out peacefully and respectfully. Failing that, the category mod will be more than happy to hear you out and look into any potential miscarriages of moderating. If you are still not satisfied, please come back here and I will be happy to talk to the mods/cmods and yourself and see if we can come to an agreement. Malice_ is looking into this for you, I hope you give him(her?) your full co-operation and help things move along smoothly and quickly.

Hi LoLth,

Just so you know, I contacted MALICE, but then was told by the MOD in question to come here and post a thread.

Just trying to do what I'm told :)

I take your point though and have been working with MALICE to try and resolve this.

To me a ban should result if, you've been warned repeatedly, or you're being offensive/taking the piss/advertising. I don't feel I did any of that. :D

Thanks again

-Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

LoLth wrote: »

Sorry, I probably should have pointed out that MilanPan!c sent me a PM probably around the same time this thread was created which was why I picked up on it. It wasn't just down to my spidey senses tingling ;). Oh and I am a bloke :).

Advertisement