Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liver function problems

• 01-09-2010 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

I'm due tomorrow with baby number one! Was in Holles Street this morning - i've been really itchy so they did a liver function blood test and one enzyme was elevated so they've asked me to fast overnight and go back in in the morning for a repeat test and to do a trace on baby. I'm still having plenty of movement but of course I'm worried that everything's not ok with baby.

I should have asked this when i spoke to them but was a bit emotional (not like me at all!) - any ideas whether they asked me to fast because of the blood test or because they'll induce me if they're not happy with the results?

Not that it really matters - as long as baby is ok.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

You'll need to fast for the blood test.

Try not to worry, alot of pregnant women have liver problems towards the end of the pregnancy which presents as itchyness and often a rash. Don't forget that your liver is doing alot of extra work at the minute! You have 50% more blood than you did before you were pregnant, but you still have the same size liver trying to cope with it.

I'm sure the blood test and the trace of the baby are precautionary, but be prepared for the possibility of induction.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 whippy

It does :) Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

hi whippy, i should have been due my baby tomorrow but was induced 3 weeks ago as i had colestasis thats the liver thing. so as your so close to your due date be prepared that they may induce ya. my induction was fine and i have a beautiful healthy 3 week old baby girl now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 whippy

Thanks Elsy. Congrats on your baby girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You need to ask the midwife on this, even if someone has something simular happen you are a different person to them and every pregnancy is different.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement