Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Documentry on Waterford S@R Helicopter R117

• 01-09-2010 7:30pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New documentry series starting on RTE 1 Tuesday 14 Sept at 20:30. Should be interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N3GJGy6iz8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

cool, looks good. thats a decent preview

will be watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Looking forward to it now! Keeping the 24 hour service was a massive victory for people from Waterford and across the South.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Looks good.. I'll be watching it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Looks good.. I'll be watching it..
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

marlin vs wrote: »
    +1

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Will this be available to view from outside Ireland does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Will this be available to view from outside Ireland does anyone know?

I would imagine it will be available on the RTE player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd say RTE player is not available outside of ROI bit like BBCi player over here. Although I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

From RTE player FAQ's "For copyright reasons, some programmes cannot be viewed outside of Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Overseas viewers can watch a selection of RTÉ programmes that are cleared for international audiences on RTÉ Player."

So hopefully you will be to watch if its cleared for international audiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Hopefully, usually it is sports and things like American tv series that are restricted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

That looks top class - not surprising though, considering that their subject matter is a top-class organisation full of top-class people.

Compare these guys to the pathetic little weasels that were going to cut back on the service there a while back, just so as to save a few bob!

Can't wait to see this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Beeker wrote: »
    New documentry series starting on RTE 1 Tuesday 14 Sept at 20:30. Should be interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N3GJGy6iz8

This looks very good , im looking forward to this starting on rte , wateford should be on it alot as that helicopter gets lots of work done , great people.......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Giving this a bump as it is on tonight at 20:30 RTE 1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

This was very good and showed how vital this service is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Only realised during the credits the director is a lecturer of mine :)

Really good episode. Would've preferred if it was stretched out to an hour over 3 weeks instead though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Excellent show... great camera work too

would've watched a few episodes in a row :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Folks, discussing various illegal methods of getting a documentary is illegal. Or any film/recording thats not free for public use.

Iv cleaned up the topic as appropriate. Keep it between yourselves if you must, but it wont be entertained here.

Topic Cleaned

Great episode!! Looking forward to the rest. Sky+ it:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

• Advertisement

On the clip showing what's coming up next week I saw my house on the part where they show when the old man went missing in the hospital grounds. The helicopter was very loud and was hovering fairly low.

deisemum wrote: »
    On the clip showing what's coming up next week I saw my house on the part where they show when the old man went missing in the hospital grounds. The helicopter was very loud and was hovering fairly low.
    I remember that, was that chap ever found?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Beeker wrote: »
    I remember that, was that chap ever found?
    Ya, I think. I remember laughing because he was only in the estates up the back of ardkeen or something.

KingLoser wrote: »
    Ya, I think. I remember laughing because he was only in the estates up the back of ardkeen or something.

I thought he was found in the hospital grounds. We'll find out next week.

Advertisement