Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hostage Situation At Discovery Channel Headquarters

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Nodin wrote: »
    Call me a racist, but when I saw the double barrell first name, I suspected someone more flannel shirt and pickup truck orientated....

Neil Young?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Neil Young?

Up a hill near him maybe...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Breaking News from Fox, apparently the suspect has what is called a dead man's switch, basically if he is shot or incapicated his bomb will go off:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Breaking News from Fox, apparently the suspect has what is called a dead man's switch, basically if he is shot or incapicated his bomb will go off:eek:

Fox News stole that from 24. Next, they'll report that Jack Bauer has been sent in to negotiate/ kick the crap out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I just hope they cancel Whale Wars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

His problem is the programming of the discovery channel?

What a whack job.

Tubridy count yourself lucky this guy doesn't live in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

mojesius wrote: »
    Fox News stole that from 24. Next, they'll report that Jack Bauer has been sent in to negotiate/ kick the crap out of him.
    Paul Gascoigne was stopped at Newcastle airport trying to board a flight to Maryland, he was carrying a can of lager and a chicken roll

Just in..... A hostage analyst on Fox said that a person who takes this measure is at the point of no return a.k.s a suicide mission:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

MSNBC's report has a picture of the guy, here. He's not any kind of racist or supremacist - he's an equal-opportunity misanthrope.

Prediction: no-one will be able to talk about the world's population problems for years to come; anyone who does will be labelled crazy and treated with suspicion. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

The suspect's brother in law was just on Fox and he says that he is capable of killing and that the hostages are in danger:eek:, and there was Shepard Smith earlier laughing and joking about it:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The suspect's brother in law was just on Fox and he says that he is capable of killing and that the hostages are in danger:eek:, and there was Shepard Smith earlier laughing and joking about it:mad:

Tune out of it tbh.. that shit rots your brain. You'll hear what the outcome is in due course.. it's better than listening to idiot journos falling over each other and repeating everything hundreds of times without ever finding anything out that won't be disclosed when it ends

Breaking News Breaking News.... the suspect has been shot and taken into custody:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

It says he was shot and the live stream just changed very abrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

whats happening now? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

SarahBM wrote: »
    whats happening now? :eek:

Monster movers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Let me guess: you guys also get CNBC Breaking News notifications on your iPhones / iPods? :pac:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

The suspects manifesto

http://www.savetheplanetprotest.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He's dead, Jim*

* may not be dead

mike65 wrote: »
    He's dead Jim

but not as we know it :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The hostages are safe apparently. Shot and in custody (the suspect not the hostages). However this turns out he's giving up his home and leisure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

mike65 wrote: »
    He's dead, Jim*

* may not be dead

How did ya discover that then?

It's ok I have my coat on! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

foxinsox wrote: »
    How did ya discover that then?

It's ok I have my coat on! ;)

I think he's able to channel dead spirits.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I hope they've notified the people in the Discovery+1 building of the potential imminent danger.

I think he's able to channel dead spirits.

Yep he is TELEpathic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Breaking News Breaking News.... the suspect has been shot and taken into custody:)

officer waldo james sobchak is reported as saying "so far in my 28 years on the force,this has definitely been my deadliest catch"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I hope they've notified the people in the Discovery+1 building of the potential imminent danger.

Brilliant. Post of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Krieg wrote: »
    I like how that forum has suddenly become a 4chan in less than 1 hour
    It's a bloody pain to register though. I've only made three posts, but one's a limerick so I think I should be a mod there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Dead-lee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

TheZohan wrote: »
    Dead-lee.

yeah... just saw a report he's dead now...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

Of all the tv stations in all the world, he had to walk into that one...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

yeah... just saw a report he's dead now...
    Next Week on Discovery: Deadliest Catch - James J. Lee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭stbrennan

Lee, thought to be a former employee of the Discovery channel, was said to have "metallic canisters devices" strapped to his front and back when he burst into the office block at lunchtime.

Joke 1: "Hey guys, I bought you all a pepsBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!!"

Joke 2: "Discovery Channel Hostage taker, mythbusted by cops"

Joke 3 : Coke found strapped to gunmans chest...

sorry, they are pretty bad!

Wonderful. I tip my hat to you, Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Nodin wrote: »
    Call me a racist, but when I saw the double barrell first name, I suspected someone more flannel shirt and pickup truck orientated....

Yup I thought the same, was expecting someone who resembles Cletus from the Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Yup I thought the same, was expecting someone who resembles Cletus from the Simpsons.

"I wash my self with a rag on a shtick!":rolleyes::D

Advertisement