Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Help] Can't uninstall NEro 8 Ultra Edition

• 01-09-2010 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I tried using both the Windows Add/Remove Programmes as well as Revo Uninstaller and "Nero General Clean Tool". Windows didn't delete everything and neither Revo or the Clean Tool can find any installed Nero progammes. The Nero files are still there in the Nero folder however. I had installed it into a folder in Program Files and it's as stubborn as mule and ain't moving. Nothing seems to be able to detect it to delete it.

I can only assume that a manual delete from here wil cause problems should I try to re-install Nero so can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What exactly are you trying to do, Butch? Are you trying to get rid of it completely or prepare for a reinstall.....

A lot of applications leave behind a folder in Program Files even though you have reinstalled, sometimes containing settings in case you wish to reinstall at a later date... (I usually just manually delete the folder if I dont plan to use it again)... Are you getting any specific error dialog box to indicate that there is an error with the uninstall process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

What exactly are you trying to do, Butch? Are you trying to get rid of it completely or prepare for a reinstall.....

A lot of applications leave behind a folder in Program Files even though you have reinstalled, sometimes containing settings in case you wish to reinstall at a later date... (I usually just manually delete the folder if I dont plan to use it again)... Are you getting any specific error dialog box to indicate that there is an error with the uninstall process?

I want to get rid of everything Nero related completely. It's not just a few files that have been left, the whole Nero folder that it was installed into is still there.

If I were to just manually delete these files there would still be Nero entries in the registry wouldn't there? The aforementioned uninstall tools shoud've of course removed these but it didn't actually remove nero so I don;t know if it's removed the registry entries.

I might like to reinstall at a later date but for the minute I just want to wipe the whole thing completely from the computer.

Nero_screen_grab.jpg

This is the file Nero was installed to and all of these are still there. When I search for "Nero" I get oodles of results in C:/Program Files/Common Files

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

Search for Nero Clean Tool

The Clean Tool linked to here - http://www.nero.com/eng/support-news.html?id=3 ?

I've already tried that and after I run it I get a message "No Nero products dtected or nothing selected for clean. Exiting Nero General Clean Tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I really wouldnt worry about it too much if it's not causing you any problems. You can manually delete the Nero folder if it is really annoying you that much, and maybe something CCCleaner might get rid of the orphaned registry settings.

But unless it is causing errors to appear, conflicting with something else, or causing you some sort of trouble, I wouldnt worry about it.

• Advertisement

I really wouldnt worry about it too much if it's not causing you any problems. You can manually delete the Nero folder if it is really annoying you that much, and maybe something CCCleaner might get rid of the orphaned registry settings.

But unless it is causing errors to appear, conflicting with something else, or causing you some sort of trouble, I wouldnt worry about it.
    I'd much rather just have it all gone. If I do decide to reinstall at some point I assume it'll cause me problems then. Can CC Cleaner remove any specified entries such as anything to do with Nero ? ARe there risks involved ? I couldn't accidently delete something with Nero in the filename that is needed by Windows or something could I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

The Clean Tool linked to here - http://www.nero.com/eng/support-news.html?id=3 ?

I've already tried that and after I run it I get a message "No Nero products dtected or nothing selected for clean. Exiting Nero General Clean Tool.

I assume you have used first windows add/remove.
    Re-install nero 8, and use the general nero clean tool for uninstall.

Advertisement