Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish MMA on Irish TV

• 01-09-2010 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭

With Irish MMA going in the right direction I'm always looking through my Sky planner and the internet looking for our Irish shows.
    Shows like Cage Wars is shown in loads of countries worldwide, Cage Contender claim something like 23 on their website and Clan Wars' MC said that the show was being 'televised around the world', letting us know where and when to watch is all I ask.

I want to start a campaign (or just a sticky thread) letting us know when and where we can watch televised shows or even just links to watch them online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I watched Cage Contender 5 on Setanta, it was pretty good, it would be nice to see more Irish MMA even if it was on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Anakin.S wrote: »
    Cage Contender claim something like 23 on their website .

This is no "Claim" this is fact!!! (and its 24 countries btw)
    Clan Wars' MC said that the show was being 'televised around the world', letting us know where and when to watch is all I ask..

I heard Mark say this too, have Clan Wars got a new TV deal? (i remember the last one they announced fell through)

I want to start a campaign (or just a sticky thread) letting us know when and where we can watch televised shows or even just links to watch them online.

OK we will work with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

Is there a list of the 24 countries? Im living abroad and would love to find out how(if) i could watch them?

Is there a list of the 24 countries? Im living abroad and would love to find out how(if) i could watch them?

http://www.cagecontender.net/#/media/4541469841

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

If you have extreme sports channel they show MMA. I think I seen earlier that they were showing Cage Wars tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Devastator wrote: »
    If you have extreme sports channel they show MMA. I think I seen earlier that they were showing Cage Wars tonight

you probably already know this but it shows a lot of strikforce and M1 challenge aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

fightie wrote: »
    This is no "Claim" this is fact!!! (and its 24 countries btw)

Calm down, I wasn't having a go. I wasn't questioning your TV deal, either in Ireland or in the other 23 countries (congratulations on that btw!). Using the word claim wasn't intended to cause offence, sorry.

I only wanted to start a thread that gives fans of Irish MMA a little help on where and when to watch Irish shows on TV or even online (legally!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

It would be great if we could get some live shows on RTE or the BBC in the same way boxing gets promotions on there

That would be the ticket for us to be more well recognised and start to pull sponsorship deals for fighters

It would be great if we could get some live shows on RTE or the BBC in the same way boxing gets promotions on there

That would be the ticket for us to be more well recognised and start to pull sponsorship deals for fighters

I couldn't agree more Jason. The problem is they don't believe the sport is mainstream enough. BBC won't even put an MMA section on the sport website (it took a lot of work for me to get them to send a film crew to your gym before the planned Aisling fight)

I spend quite a bit of time on this very thing and have lost count of the number of people who are just not interested.

On the sponsorship subject, I have seen some of the contracts for fighters on Cage Contender, almost every fighter on the last few shows had some type of sponsorship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How sweet would it be to have Jimmy McGee call the fights :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I couldn't agree more Jason. The problem is they don't believe the sport is mainstream enough. BBC won't even put an MMA section on the sport website (it took a lot of work for me to get them to send a film crew to your gym before the planned Aisling fight)

I spend quite a bit of time on this very thing and have lost count of the number of people who are just not interested.

On the sponsorship subject, I have seen some of the contracts for fighters on Cage Contender, almost every fighter on the last few shows had some type of sponsorship.

Problem is there are load of grey tops running the organistaions and they haven't a clue what the cool kids are watching these days. This will change

CAGE CONTENDER VI TV TIMES

365 Sport (Iceland) Sat 4th @ 8pm

Setanta Ireland - Thursday 9th @ 9.30pm

Setanta Canada/USA - Tuesday 7th at 10pm

Premier Sports (UK) - Tuesday 7th 22:00 BST

Setanta Africa - Tuesday 7th at 9.00pm GMT

Setanta Australia - Thursday 9th @ 9.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Cheers I'll set a reminder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

CAGE CONTENDER VI TV TIMES

Setanta Ireland - Thursday 9th @ 9.30pm

Not coming up on my planner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

BBC won't even put an MMA section on the sport website

They're sport website has enough traffic...with the obvious popular sports like : netball, squash and weightlifting to keep the people going back time and time again :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

if you have chorus, it'll probably show up tomorrow or the day after, same thing happens with ufc prelims, no biggie

Advertisement