Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Curl Pro Search Peniche 2010

Options
  • 01-09-2010 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

HI, I have a bit of a dilemma basically i'm booking a weekend away for my surf obsessed boyfriend to Peniche in Portugal for the Rip Curl Pro search and I was wondering should I book for the weekend it starts or the weekend it finishes?
    See i know they only do the competition on days that the waves are good(obviously!)but do I take the chance of going the first weekend and it not being on or going the last weekend and it being over????help help help!!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

carddub wrote: »
    HI, I have a bit of a dilemma basically i'm booking a weekend away for my surf obsessed boyfriend to Peniche in Portugal for the Rip Curl Pro search and I was wondering should I book for the weekend it starts or the weekend it finishes?
    See i know they only do the competition on days that the waves are good(obviously!)but do I take the chance of going the first weekend and it not being on or going the last weekend and it being over????help help help!!!:confused:

I don't think you need to worry he'd be stoked with either week

• Registered Users Posts: 35 roberb

Hey Carddub,

Souns like you are in the running for best girlfriend of the year! :)

A weekend is not enough though. You should go for a week from about the 10th onwards as that is when the competition will get good...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Bit of a lottery as to when to book it, no doubt he'd be delighted with either one, i would be if it was me! Fair play to ya:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nickbok

Hey cardub,

great idea for a breakaway but a tough one on when to go. I'm after booking the 11th-15th to allow for some lay days but looking at swell the 9th looks huge! so they may start early in case swell drops later on. So maybe go 1st wknd? Would be a balls if it was blown out then tho, but at least there will def be a good atmoshere around with the event and all the pros around. Good luck!

Advertisement