Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devastated

Options
  • 01-09-2010 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi everyone,
    Heard back from my SW today after initiating the search a couple of weeks ago. She informed me that my brother has died a number of years ago. I am totally gutted. That's all she could tell me now. They're trying to locate the death certificate and the adoptive parents. I considered this very briefly, amongst other random things, that this could be the case eventhough he would only be 36 now.

I feel sick and my emotions are all over the place. I'm so confused about how i should feel and what i do from here.

M x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

thats very sad, im so soory to hear that. i found out my birthmum had passed away a couple of years ago i never thought that would be the outcome of my search. it,s not the type of news u expect.....kathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mammyof2

So sorry to hear this hun x

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Thats terrible news mairead, so sorry to hear that. Hopefully they'll be able to give you some answers when they find the death cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ma1read

Kathy, Mammy of 2 and Tyview,
    Thank you so much for your comments. They have given me comfort over the past few days. It's going to take me and my family a while to get our heads around it. We know so little and it is unlikely we will know much more until they track down the adoptive parents. All this bureacracy is driving us nuts!

Mx

• Registered Users Posts: 26 NGibbler

Im so sorry to here this!! :( Hope you are doing okay!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Your story keeps coming into my head so just wanted to say I hope there has been some progress and you've gotten some answers! Thinking of you and your family on a regular basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 annieo

thats so sad, i hope you find some news that helps you, im so nervous about my outcome too. take care, sorry for your loss

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

Mairead I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

My mum traced both of her parents and unfortunately both had died... worse still her mother had died shortly before she traced her.

On the positive side she discovered a total of 2 brothers and 2 sisters, in the course of a year her sister and brother died but she now has one sister and the both are so close it just tugs at my heart.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and I sincerely hope you find his adoptive parents and that together you can celebrate his life.

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ModeMadFan

Very Sorry to hear your very sad news

Advertisement