Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Y's seven

Options
  • 01-09-2010 9:09pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else getting it? It's out in America this week and is supposedly amazing and the special edition looks great.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It looks good alright,its not getting released over here though is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The fact that it's getting a US release at all is a miracle. Xseed are bringing out Y's seven, 6 and oath of falghana, supposedly 3 absolutely superb titles. Everyone is saying that it's a bit of a suicidal move on XSeeds part, bringing out 6 niche RPGs on an effectively dead system in the US, but I hope it works out for them. They are bringing over 3 Legend of Heroes games as well which are supposedly great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

XSeed have said that they will be publishing Ys 7 over here on the PSN. We won't be getting a release on UMD.

Nice to see I'm not the only one anticipating it's release ^^.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Feck PSN tbh, the special edition looks amazing :)I'm going to get this game despite not having money for it because I think Xseed need all the support they can get and supposedly it's amazing.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Feck PSN tbh, the special edition looks amazing :)I'm going to get this game despite not having money for it because I think Xseed need all the support they can get and supposedly it's amazing.
    Way ahead of you, I already have my special edition :P. I'll be double dipping as I want to play it on my PSPgo as well. The game is that good anyways, I would have bought 3 copies. :pac:

When an enemy dies in a burst of coins and loot, it's just so satisfying. It's so fast paced as well, just the simple fact of being able to roll everywhere moving from one area to the next is more entertaining for me. Not the most involved game story wise and the localisation is a little dry in places (albeit hilarious in others) but it's the kind of game that you can forgive such shortcomings easily. It's all about the fantastic gameplay for me. Started it on 'Nightmare' difficulty and got owned by the first boss! Had to grind a few levels and then go back.

• Advertisement

Nice, I have to wait for next week for the money to get it. Still have to get the DS SMT games and there's loads out in the next weeks that I need to pickup. VC2 and Metroid this friday :(

Nice, I have to wait for next week for the money to get it. Still have to get the DS SMT games and there's loads out in the next weeks that I need to pickup. VC2 and Metroid this friday :(
    Yeah I can't afford to get VC2 on account of splashing out on Ys Seven cloth map edition. VG+ still have copies anyways so you should be able to pick it up next week without any issues. PhD stipends can't keep up with the gaming release schedule what? :pac: (And I have 2 more years of it ahead of me...).

Too right. I need out of this PhD then I'll have all the gaming money... if I get a job :)

Just ordered the cloth edition! I've no will power.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

VC2 I ordered from Base.com.

18 pounds compared to 25 pounds on most other sites.

Just a heads up.

• Advertisement

Excellent, it's going for 35 or so everywhere else.

Excellent, it's going for 35 or so everywhere else.

Be prepared to unthank me.

Its up to 25 pounds now.

It was 17.99 last time I checked on Friday and thats the price I am getting it for!

EDIT: Although Zavvi do have the price for 17.95 but currently out of stock.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/psp/valkyria-chronicles-ii-includes-pre-order-bonus-dlc/10086633.html

Balls :( aw well if there's free shipping it is still cheaper. I can't order it until midweek anyway.

Balls :( aw well if there's free shipping it is still cheaper. I can't order it until midweek anyway.

Check out my ninja edit.

Maybe you should order with Zavvi then, since you don't want your card charged too soon.

Would give them a chance to get it back in at that price.

I got my special edition today. It's really ratehr nice and the fumes from the artbook and clothcould knockyou out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Do you have to have played the previous Ys games before this one or is it complete separate like the FF series?

carbonkid wrote: »
    Do you have to have played the previous Ys games before this one or is it complete separate like the FF series?

The series has a story that follows on from the last but the story is knowingly rubbish. In every game Adol falls off a ship and is woken up on a beach withby a blue haired girl in a new area and sets off to defeat the evilin the area. In Ys Seven they joke about it at the start of the game when Adol arrives on a ship saying how it was uneventful compared to other boat trips. then an hour later he falls unconcious and is woken up by a blue haired girl.

The game definitely isn't about story is about fast paced action with RPG elements. In fact this game has lost marks in reviews because the story elements are too long when in other Y's games you basically had one text box telling you what you had to do. It gets in the way a lot more in this game. So no you don't have to have played any of the previous games. It's all about the ridiculously fast action system.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

It sounds like fun ^_^

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just a heads up that this is on PSN from today.

I'm going to cave and pick it up - the limited edition would've been nice though, but I won't be able to import for a while. Right now I'm glad I only have access to portable consoles for two months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Look very interesting. Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait a bit since nisamerica dumping like 3 titles in a month. (Z.H.P is quite good from the few hours I've played of it by the way.)

• Advertisement

Are they good titles though or Idea Factory **** titles? I do like the look of the turn based rogue like they released recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Nope, nis in-house developed. They were trying to make it a second pillar franchise so the work was put in.

Just found out Y's: Oath in Felghana is out now and the special editions spine pictures join together :)

Just ordered Oath in Felghana. Had to get the special edition for one reason:

http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2010/11/ys-oath-in-felghana-is-out-and-you.html

Check out the last picture :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OK early days but I'm in love with Ys Seven.

A JRPG with a real-time battle system that not only works, but is a hell of a lot of fun? I need to re-evaluate every belief I've ever held.

In the meantime, thank you long train journeys in which I can start overdosing on this stuff :)

I heard Ys Oath in Felghana is better. It doesn't have as complicated a battle system or the glorious counter system but it gets rid of all the crappy story segments that bog it down and concentrates on the action. It's not really an RPG though, more an action game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from new york and got Y's: Oath in Felghana,got the premium edition.looking forward to playing it,also picked up lunar silver star harmony,kingdom hearts birth by sleep and persona 1.Some great bargains over there.

Advertisement