Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well has run dry

• 01-09-2010 9:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭

The well at our house has run dry, electricity is going to the control box, the contacts are closed and power is going to the pump it seems, however there does not seem to be any pump activity.
    Whether this is down to no water or banjaxed pump I cannot tell.
    Does anyone know who can service/repair a submerged pump in the Clare area?
    Google came up empty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Any good plumber would be able to sort this out for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's a plumber you want alright, you could give Heat Merchants a shout, they are in the Quin Road industrial estate, most of the guys in there know what they're talking about and might be able to help you, either that or recommend someone to help you. A friend of mine blew his pump during the frost cause it kept going even though there was no water, he went to Heat Merchant's and they got him sorted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Clareman wrote: »
    It's a plumber you want alright, you could give Heat Merchants a shout, they are in the Quin Road industrial estate, most of the guys in there know what they're talking about and might be able to help you, either that or recommend someone to help you. A friend of mine blew his pump during the frost cause it kept going even though there was no water, he went to Heat Merchant's and they got him sorted

Heatmerchants told me they're suppliers only and cannot help with any plumbing problems I might have and to try a plumber.
    Will look up the number of a guy who installed some rads in my house and give him a call.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sorry about that Fuzz, there's a suppliers out the Gort Road as well (turn off for Ruan), they might be able to help

Clareman wrote: »
    Sorry about that Fuzz, there's a suppliers out the Gort Road as well (turn off for Ruan), they might be able to help

No worries, have a guy come out to me and he's promised that, come what may, he'll have my water back by tonight.
    That's a very big promise :) so we'll have to see, watch this space.

• Advertisement

Well, the well is fixed, faulty capacitor needed to be replaced, no big drama and all's well again.
    Where there's a well there's a away.
    Anyone needs any work to theirs PM me and I can forward details.

Excellent, good news Dr., was getting worried that there might have been a smell coming off ya :D

Advertisement