Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options
  • 01-09-2010 9:20pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tickets go on sale Sunday 3rd October at 9am.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/2011-tickets-to-go-on-sale-on-october-3rd

They are only taking the £50 deposit then, with the balance to be paid in either the end of February or beginning of April, depending on if your buying via a UK address or not.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/10/100906a.shtml

We can safely assume that one of the three will be U2, assuming nobody breaks themselves in some stupid manner in the mean time. But who else could be considered one of the three biggest bands?

Please don't say Coldplay and Radiohead, they have done it enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

robinph wrote: »

We can safely assume that one of the three will be U2, assuming nobody breaks themselves in some stupid manner in the mean time. But who else could be considered one of the three biggest bands?

I reckon The Rolling Stones will headline one of the nights,

They are doing a farwell tour next year, so its very likely IMO they will do it, I think Michael Eavis expressed a keen interest in getting them in the past,

Sure would be great if U2 and The Stones were confirmed,
    Hopefully Ronnie Wood keeps it together and Bono's back doesnt give in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Eavis has said two headliners are already confirmed, one of them is a US act he's wanted to get for years...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could this be the US act? Personally i would die of it was :)

Probably not though i can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Whichever big name bands have an album out around next will be playing, thats usually how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭srmufc

robinph wrote: »

Don't be Daft:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Very tempted to book myself a ticket..... What kind of money are we talking to head over for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

mooeire wrote: »
    Very tempted to book myself a ticket..... What kind of money are we talking to head over for it??

Well I've not been to Glasto but I was at V and that would be similar cost, hopefully

220 - ticket
    50 - flights
    20 - other transport
    150 - spending money. I brought about 100 to V, which is a shorter festival. You can get your drink and some food as well as a tent in Sainsburys for very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Well I've not been to Glasto but I was at V and that would be similar cost, hopefully

220 - ticket
    50 - flights
    20 - other transport
    150 - spending money. I brought about 100 to V, which is a shorter festival. You can get your drink and some food as well as a tent in Sainsburys for very little.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Could this be the US act? Personally i would die of it was :)

Probably not though i can dream

That would be the greatest announcement ever made!! :D

They have an album coming out in the next few months so they could be touring around that time!!

Im holding out hope for them to be 1 of the bands!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Ssssssh!

I've been three times and it can be cheap or as expensive as you like. Possible to bring all your booze and food with you. Unlike Irish festivals, you're allowed bring your own booze to the main stages.

I head over the night before (Tuesday) as makes things easier. Was set up with a beer in hand at 11am this year, so you could stick on the cost of a hotel. I also book a hotel on the Monday night, again less hassle.

As much as a hero Eavis is, he doesn't have talk some rubbish leading up to the festival.

Kettle316 wrote: »
    That would be the greatest announcement ever made!! :D

They have an album coming out in the next few months so they could be touring around that time!!

Im holding out hope for them to be 1 of the bands!!

Same and if we go buy previous years Oxegen seems to share 1 headliner from Glastonbury a year and since we wont get U2 if the Foo's are announced they will prob play Oxegen aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I know it's a long way away and this will be asked a million times between now and then, But could anybody pop up a brief irishmans guide to glasto. What airport to fly to, how to get to the festival, towns nearby to buy tents and supplies etc. really wanna try and get there next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I know it's a long way away and this will be asked a million times between now and then, But could anybody pop up a brief irishmans guide to glasto. What airport to fly to, how to get to the festival, towns nearby to buy tents and supplies etc. really wanna try and get there next year.

ok i think i can help you out here, i was at this yrs glasto! i know the step daughter of micheal eavis so i got me hospitality passes which gets you the cosy camping and backstage bar access! met loads of celebs it was pure craic!

the nearest airport is bristol. buses run from the airport to the festival.
    the nearest town is shepton mallet, a lovely spot be sure to check out the bell hotel for craic and booze and they have a huge tesco for all your camping needs aka booze as well as tents etc.

however if i was you i'd buy your tent at the festival. they have loads of camping stalls and the prices are more than fair. you can actually order your gear thru the official glasto website and pick it all up when you arrive

i hope the info is a help for you. glasto is an amazing experience! i would suggest it to everyone!

Whiplash wrote: »
    ok i think i can help you out here, i was at this yrs glasto! i know the step daughter of micheal eavis so i got me hospitality passes which gets you the cosy camping and backstage bar access! met loads of celebs it was pure craic!

the nearest airport is bristol. buses run from the airport to the festival.
    the nearest town is shepton mallet, a lovely spot be sure to check out the bell hotel for craic and booze and they have a huge tesco for all your camping needs aka booze as well as tents etc.

however if i was you i'd buy your tent at the festival. they have loads of camping stalls and the prices are more than fair. you can actually order your gear thru the official glasto website and pick it all up when you arrive

i hope the info is a help for you. glasto is an amazing experience! i would suggest it to everyone!

Cheers, Seems like my plan of fly over with as little as possible is doable, Hell my plan of fly over with nothing even seems possible.

going to glasto will be an experience that you'll never forget. you see some weird and wonderful things! for example..

36665_405737358945_602943945_4598405_4961483_n.jpg

36838_405771738945_602943945_4599256_137132_n.jpg

36838_405771743945_602943945_4599257_6889419_n.jpg

36838_405771783945_602943945_4599265_2982364_n.jpg

36838_405771863945_602943945_4599280_1079140_n.jpg

34153_405933713945_602943945_4602472_1073356_n.jpg

34153_405933728945_602943945_4602475_5574375_n.jpg

34165_405953068945_602943945_4602945_5184721_n.jpg

last one there is faithless hanging about n the backstage area. maxi jazz is a stick!

one more quick question. can you pay for tickets with lazer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

sweet, sweet, they go on sale on my birthday. Can I have...

Gonna try thisyear always say I would loveto go and never end up looking for ticket. Do you think U2 will play next year after bono's little injury this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They are hotly tipped which will make getting tickets hellish.

• Advertisement

well as i know michael eavis's daughter and i done her a favor with a battle of the bands she held i got my tickets as a thank you gift. i have no idea if laser is accepted but most likely if its purchasing in the uk laser wont work. however theres always the 3v option the top up visa card. yo ucan register on www.3v.ie for free card. its a great tool for online shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

No lazer i'm afriad (not an irish one anyway)

Reckon there's going to be a stampede for tickets this year... uh oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Its a pity you can't buy them in a actual shop. I'm going to be in England on the 3rd and I would happily queue up for a few hours if I knew I was guaranteed a ticket. Hopefully I can find a decent internet cafe open at 9am on a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

You used to be able to but it was scrapped back when it went to the id on the ticket thing unsurprisingly. Some people have some luck with the phones over the internet if you want to try an alternative attack.

I also thought since Bon Jovi are rumoured to be playing the Aviva around June/July so maybe that could also be the band Eavis could have been trying to get for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

I've never been to Glasto but after watching it on BBC this year, I really want to go!!

U2 def look like hot favourites.

Has anyone else here tried to register on the Glasto site for tickets? Jst wondering why you need to give a photo of yourself?

Pjays wrote: »
    I've never been to Glasto but after watching it on BBC this year, I really want to go!!

U2 def look like hot favourites.

Has anyone else here tried to register on the Glasto site for tickets? Jst wondering why you need to give a photo of yourself?

Cuts down on ticket touts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Had to re-register again this year with a new photo as my initial one from years ago finally ran out. They print your photo on the ticket so it basically eliminates the touts completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

No lazer i'm afriad (not an irish one anyway)

Reckon there's going to be a stampede for tickets this year... uh oh.

Thinking of going to this as I was there in 2003 and it was excellent.

My friend tried to get tickets last year and had problems because they wouldn't take an Irish laser card and he said they don't accept credit cards at all. How have other people paid since they started this new system?

I presume he was wrong and they do take credit cards?

• Advertisement

They do take credit cards if you buy via the international tickets link. All exactly the same price and from the same pool of tickets, just they won't take credit cards for UK buyers.

Advertisement