Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

scudzilla wrote: »
    For those driving, why are ya going Dublin to Holyhead? Would be a LOT easier to go Rosslare to Fishgaurd, when ya get off in South Wales it's just a straight drive down the M4, it's 140 miles less and a much easier drive

Last year i went Dublin to Holyhead, then Fishgaurd to Rosslare. It was good going from Dublin - just went straight after work. Then on way back the Ferry was a good break before driving another 2-3 hours from Rosslare to Dublin. It took a long time to get from Glasto to Fishguard though, almost as long as to Holyhead. Dont know if its cos we were wrecked (awake for almost 7 days cos of heat:eek:) or less motorways.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The first acts for the line-up for the Bourbon Street Jazz 'n' Blues Stage at this summer's Glastonbury Festival have been revealed.

The venue, which returns for a second year to the Festival promises "an endless array of drinks, an atmosphere to die for and more talent than you can shake a stick at you'd have to be down-right daft not to get involved. Forget everything you think you know about jazz 'n' blues... this is the real thing".

Modelled on an original Bourbon Street Bar, Bourbon Street Jazz 'n' Blues features over twenty different bourbons - as well as ice-cold beers, freshly ground coffee, champagne and a huge selection of signature cocktails.

The first acts have been revealed as Alpha Manouvre, Jon Allen, Claude Bourbon, Havana Swing, Paddy Milner, Will Scott, Ben Poole, Sean Taylor, Ledfoot, Bourbon Street All-Stars, Clara Sanabras, The Dizzy Club, Marcus Bonfanti, Matt Andersen, Nicki Allan, Top Shelf Jazz, The Original Rabbit Foot Spasm Band, P-A-U-L, Simon McBride, Benoit & His Orchestra, Nova Scotia Jazz Band, Grey Dogs Jazz Band, Brooks Williams, and Kitty Daisy & Lewis.

There are still more acts including the headliners to be announced.

These acts have not yet been officially announced by Glastonbury Festival and have been confirmed on the Stages's website - (here).

Tickets have sold out for this summer's Glastonbury Festival which runs for five full days from Wednesday 22nd until Sunday 26th June 2011 across a 1000 hectares (2470 acres) of beautiful countryside at Worthy Farm, Somerset. Resales of unwanted tickets are expected at some point in April.

Only headliners Coldplay and Beyonce are confirmed so far for the Festival, but as usual eFestivals will bring you the very best-sourced rumours, allowing festival-goers to see who is playing long before the bands are formally announced - keep your eyes on the Glastonbury 2011 rumours, updated as we receive information.

UK ticket balances will be payable in the first week of April 2011 (9am Friday 1st April until 11.59pm on Thursday 7th April).

International ticket buyers must pay their balance payments between 9am this Friday, 25th February and 11:59pm (GMT) on Friday 3rd March 2011. Balances can be paid either online at http://wwww.seetickets.com/g2011 or on the booking line: 0844 412 4635. International ticket purchases can only be made using either Visa or Mastercard credit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Anybody have any idea how long it usually takes the resale tickets to sell out, based on previous years?

I know they're saying that there wont be many cancelled tickets for sale this year but I'm just wondering what I'm up against.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You can pay for your furriner type tickets today. ;)

Well, thats the theory at least. Just trying to pay for the non-UK tickets in our order and went through all the payment details pages and it's then errored on me. Now I'm stuck in a "queue" to see if I can try again. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

If a few people could not pay their balances it'd really work in my favour in the April resale. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im having the fun of it telling me nothing is registered under the number im giving them even though I have about 4 different e-mails with the exact details :/

You need to enter the registration numbers for the person whos tickets you want to pay the balance of, not the number that you got for the paying of a deposit on X number of tickets.

I have now got the one ticket paid for now, and campervan ticket sorted, just waiting on the email to confirm now.

I know. Im entering the number it told me to enter in the reminder e-mail sent last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I think the system is just wrecked at the mo. Leave it till later.. you have a week.

• Advertisement

Wait....success :pac:

Now I still have to find people to go with................or wander on my own............hmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Im having the fun of it telling me nothing is registered under the number im giving them even though I have about 4 different e-mails with the exact details :/
    That's happening to me too, I even tried the other number they sent. Did it just magically start working for you in the end?

stinkle wrote: »
    That's happening to me too, I even tried the other number they sent. Did it just magically start working for you in the end?
    Yep.Just kinda went "Ah there ya are"

grand, will keep trying so. thanks! anyone else getting a bit excited about June now?

grand, will keep trying so. thanks! anyone else getting a bit excited about June now?

Excited...no totally calm here...honest. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Went through for me ok there. Just wondering I did the original deposit for myself and 4 others.... but we are all paying the remainder separately. Anyone know if the tickets will all be delivered to me or will each person get their own ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Does anyone know how close to the festival the tickets are usually sent? Wasn't sure, so I put my parents address in Dublin, as I'm moving house in June. Worried they'll only be sent a day or two beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Blisterman wrote: »
    Does anyone know how close to the festival the tickets are usually sent? Wasn't sure, so I put my parents address in Dublin, as I'm moving house in June. Worried they'll only be sent a day or two beforehand.

iirc last year it was about the end of May, they had to be signed for as well.

still havent decided how i'm going over - last year tavelled by myself and took the ferry then train to bristol then the glasto bus - worked out ok but i figure this year i need a way i can bring more stuff. Would recommend being there for the wednesday night, was very cool last year.
    also thinking of heading over to stonehenge for the few days before too! soo many decisions!!

Toast wrote: »
    Went through for me ok there. Just wondering I did the original deposit for myself and 4 others.... but we are all paying the remainder separately. Anyone know if the tickets will all be delivered to me or will each person get their own ticket?
    They will get sent out separately, and you can specify a different address to the one in the registration details for that persons ticket as well. The one I paid for today being for a person with an Irish address, but getting posted out to a UK address.
    Blisterman wrote: »

Everyone should have their tickets by the weekend before, but they do start appearing for some people up to three weeks before. If there is no sign by the weekend before then make some calls to See, but no need to panic until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Woop Woop.....Ticket Paid For....Ferry Booked....only 116 more sleeps to go!!!!

Seriously though, anyone booking with Stena Line use code A650 to get 10% Discount ( Thanks to Bargain Alert Thread!!)

• Advertisement

Hey there,

has anyone else had the confirmation email/money taken from credit card yet? I checked my balance only to discover that a different transaction went through when it shouldn't have last week, therefore leaving my glasto money a bit short! Assuming it would have been cancelled by see since I never got confirmation of ticket payment, I tried to pay using another card but it's telling me "Please try again later. It is likely that we are still awaiting payment for your deposit."

I phoned See just now but their response was jsut to wait another day as the volume of people paying is so high and many have't received confirmation, so that's why I was wondering if any boardsies had received their confirmation yet.

As a side issue, still having probs with OH's reg number - it's not "international" apparently......if I can get payment sorted I'll start worrying about that!

Had the confirmation email and then they took the payment about 90mins later or so. There
    is no confirmation of payment but if after 5 working days the payment has not left your account you need to phone them
    Total includes a transaction fee of £4.95

Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until the week of the event. If your tickets haven't arrived 48 hours before the event, please contact us.

You have been charged a total of £179.45 and this will appear on your statement as 'EVENT TICKETS 0871 220 0260'

Sales will be processed immediately and your transaction will be completed during the five working days following the sale. For the avoidance of doubt please check your bank/card statement following your transaction/s to be certain whether or not your payment has been successful .Any transaction that results in a charge back or payment dispute will be cancelled. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account to pay for the tickets. If your transaction hasn't been processed within 5 working days, contact Seetickets immediately.

Keep up to date with Festival news at www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk or follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/glastofest

Best regards
    SEE Tickets
    http://www.seetickets.com

See is a registered trademark of See Group Ltd

As a side issue, still having probs with OH's reg number - it's not "international" apparently......if I can get payment sorted I'll start worrying about that!

You can't pay for UK tickets yet. Our order was a mix of UK and non-UK registration numbers and this year they changed the systems so that the international ones have to be paid for separately. You can still get them posted to wherever you like though, just you end up paying the deliver/ credit card fees twice. :(

robinph wrote: »
    You can't pay for UK tickets yet. Our order was a mix of UK and non-UK registration numbers and this year they changed the systems so that the international ones have to be paid for separately. You can still get them posted to wherever you like though, just you end up paying the deliver/ credit card fees twice. :(

But it's not actually a UK reg, we're both Irish and both registered with Irish addresses. Had no prob with paying deposits, or using the same numbers for last year's festival :confused: most annoying. I already rang them over the payment and they're claiming it's all ok, but I have neither confirmation of balance payment nor the ability to log into their system and pay using another card if the first one actually messed up. perhaps bank might be more help in the morning

But it's not actually a UK reg, we're both Irish and both registered with Irish addresses. Had no prob with paying deposits, or using the same numbers for last year's festival :confused: most annoying. I already rang them over the payment and they're claiming it's all ok, but I have neither confirmation of balance payment nor the ability to log into their system and pay using another card if the first one actually messed up. perhaps bank might be more help in the morning

Has it left your card yet? Check you online statement first and if its not gone through there try and make sure there is enough to cover it and if it has not gone out by Friday evening, ring them at that stage.

It looks like the system has processed your payment but they have not tried to take it out yet.

I'd keep an eye on the card balance to see it leaving as they do not confirm actual receipt of payment

Has it left your card yet? Check you online statement first and if its not gone through there try and make sure there is enough to cover it and if it has not gone out by Friday evening, ring them at that stage.

It looks like the system has processed your payment but they have not tried to take it out yet.

I'd keep an eye on the card balance to see it leaving as they do not confirm actual receipt of payment

no it hasn't left my card yet, unfortunately something else went through on that card on the 25th without me realising and I may not have had enough funds to cover both. I tried to pay on the 26th. It seemed to go through ok at the time, and realistically I'd expect an email one way or the other re:card declining or whatever. It's just frustrating as I said that I have no confirmation/decline email to go by AND It's not on my order tracker BUT when I try to log in and pay with another card I can't get past the login screen. bah!

I know what you mean, but look at the excerpt of the mail I attached....they don't send out any further communication....you have to keep an eye on your card and the funds leaving...I'd ring them straight away mate

yeah i did ring em earlier and they said to wait till tomorrow as they did have a backlog to process. thanks for posting your email, the "five working days" thing has relieved me a bit, and Ive paid extra off my card just to be safe with the bank anyway! will phone bank tomorrow as well and get back onto see if bank can't shed any light on what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Looks like a couple more acts are going to be leaked today.

http://twitter.com/LexyTopping

She is a writer form the Guardian and the same person who leaked some of the announcements last year or at least said beforehand that the Guardian would be putting up some new info the same day they did.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know if a Car park ticket can be bought some other way. Already paid for my tickets but forgot to order a car park ticket at the same time?

Advertisement