Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Anyone know if a Car park ticket can be bought some other way. Already paid for my tickets but forgot to order a car park ticket at the same time?

Try phoning them up and they may add one to your order. Have certainly hear of people being able to do that after the sales were completed in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/mar/02/glastonbury-festival-2011-mumford-u2

ffs Primal Scream is the same time as U2 :( Mumford and Sons on the other stage before Primal Scream.

- Anna Calvi
    - BB King
    - Big Boi
    - Chemical Brothers
    - Crystal Castles
    - Friendly Fires
    - Fleet Foxes
    - Gruff Rhys
    - James Blake
    - Janelle Monae
    - Laura Marling
    - Mumford & Sons
    - Primal Scream
    - Warpaint

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I paid the balance of my ticket on Monday morning and got a confirmation email at 11am that morning to say that order was complete and that my tickets would be sent out. However on Tuesday afternoon I got a message from SeeTickets witha reminder that I must pay the balance of myGlastonbury Ticket by and 23:59 (GMT) on March 3rd 2011. :confused:

I checked my bank account and the money has been taken out so Im a bit confused. Did this happen to anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah I got a reminder email as well even after the money had been taken out of my account. I presume its just automated regardless of what you've done?

• Advertisement

Ah thats ok then. I was getting worried it was just me :D Definately must be an automated thing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

opr wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/mar/02/glastonbury-festival-2011-mumford-u2

ffs Primal Scream is the same time as U2 :( Mumford and Sons on the other stage before Primal Scream.

- Anna Calvi
    - BB King
    - Big Boi
    - Chemical Brothers
    - Crystal Castles
    - Friendly Fires
    - Fleet Foxes
    - Gruff Rhys
    - James Blake
    - Janelle Monae
    - Laura Marling
    - Mumford & Sons
    - Primal Scream
    - Warpaint

Opr

Awesome selection of groups there. Can't wait for this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

after many many calls and emails to See over the last few days, we finally managed to sort our ticket probs out, hooray! Still holding breath till money is finally taken out, but thanks for the help the other day :) it was painful reading the new acts announced yesterday when it still wasn't sorted, but now (cautious) yaaay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Folks....anyone worried about your order, you can check on its progress anytime on the See Tickets website here:http://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService by just entering your details. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Folks....anyone worried about your order, you can check on its progress anytime on the See Tickets website here:http://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService by just entering your details. :)
    That page doesn't return any results for me :(
    Mine have been bought (I hope!) with a UK address, but bought by a friend who bought several peoples. I assume it's my post-code I should enter in the box, have also tried my email address, and tried using both the order reference number and my personal registration number. Slightly worrying...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

p.pete wrote: »
    That page doesn't return any results for me :(
    Mine have been bought (I hope!) with a UK address, but bought by a friend who bought several peoples. I assume it's my post-code I should enter in the box, have also tried my email address, and tried using both the order reference number and my personal registration number. Slightly worrying...

For the Irish tickets that have been paid for out of my order I put in the last four digits of the card used to pay and the UK post code of the delivery address. The post code that had been entered against that registration number was "NA" but that just gave me errors when I tried using that.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

It works fine with the reference number of the order (as opposed to the registration number) and your email address :)

I cant get it to work with the last 4 digits and my postcode either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

:D:D:D

Elbow officially confirmed for Glasto by Emily Eavis
    March 3rd, 2011 No comments » .No one will be shocked to learn that Elbow are now confirmed to play Glastonbury in June.

On Twitter, Emily Eavis tweeted “We’re delighted that the mighty Elbow have confirmed.”.

The British band, fronted by Guy Garvey, who confirmed they’re playing in Q Magazine last month, and the Lauren Lavern Show on BBC 6Music this morning, will play before U2 on the Pyramid Stage on Friday 24th June.

They will be play at the same time Mumford & Sons play The Other Stage, causing a clash headache for many people.

http://www.glastowatch.co.uk/

Cant wait for them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

bennyc wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Elbow officially confirmed for Glasto by Emily Eavis
    March 3rd, 2011 No comments » .No one will be shocked to learn that Elbow are now confirmed to play Glastonbury in June.

On Twitter, Emily Eavis tweeted “We’re delighted that the mighty Elbow have confirmed.”.

The British band, fronted by Guy Garvey, who confirmed they’re playing in Q Magazine last month, and the Lauren Lavern Show on BBC 6Music this morning, will play before U2 on the Pyramid Stage on Friday 24th June.

They will be play at the same time Mumford & Sons play The Other Stage, causing a clash headache for many people.

http://www.glastowatch.co.uk/

Cant wait for them

Elbow then U2, quality Friday night!! cant wait...

Well so far I am looking forward to

Primal Scream
    Crystal Castles
    Elbow
    Chemical Brothers

I dont want to see any of the headline acts at the pyramid stage. I have seen U2 about 8 times live. Great band but there is so much other stuff going on at Glastonbury that I will sacrifice seeing them this time. Coldplay I have no desire at all to see live and I definately dont want to see Beyonce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

For anyone who has brought a campervan over on the ferry to glasto before - do they search it before letting it board? ie. for people hiding in the shower etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Customs usually are checking for drugs and stuff with dogs afaik. They'll ask how many people are in the van. If they find more than you say it will be probably a bigger issue than you not getting let on the boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mickey86

Glastonbury lineup is insane, makes me wonder how is it physically possible to have all those bands play :)

Hope to make it this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

mickey86 wrote: »
    Glastonbury lineup is insane, makes me wonder how is it physically possible to have all those bands play :)
    It involves lots of decision making, weighing up the effort of getting between stages, missing the start of one act or the end of another, and just plain missing lots of things because there's so much going on at once. You can either plan ahead and be lucky if it doesn't go out the window, or just relax and take it as it comes. I'm a planner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Every year I always say I'm going to relax much more at this one and go with the flow. Usually sometime between Wednesday and Friday morning while sitting around the campsite I end up planning out an elaborate schedule which ruins everything :( I just can't help myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

Every year I always say I'm going to relax much more at this one and go with the flow. Usually sometime between Wednesday and Friday morning while sitting around the campsite I end up planning out an elaborate schedule which ruins everything :( I just can't help myself

Yeah going with the flow is nice but with so much to see and do, it's best to plan ahead but try to not do too much, some of the best things I have seen in my 5yrs there have been when I have just been on walkabout. As far as a plan goes, I usually try and catch early bands, maybe have a wander around during the afternoon and catch some of the big hitters later on in the day and head down to the stone circle or shangri la for late nite afters. Pop into the circus or cabaret when passing, you'll usually see something that will blow your tiny little mind. (that is, what's left of it after a few days there!!!)

I never plan on anything much really, just wander round and see what happens. Maybe pick one band to see each day, but even that is a bit too organised for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

Hello.
    Do I have option at this point to purchase ticket, I do not realise until recently that festival is not on next year.

There will be a ticket resale sometime around the beginning of April. You will have to be incredibly lucky to get a ticket then though, and you would also need to be pre-registered.

http://www.glastonburyregistration.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I decided to go to Benicassim instead of Glastonbury this year so that's at least one ticket that will be back in the mix, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

robinph wrote: »

Right....i think im gonna have to change my glasto schedule.
    Pretty sure I can leave sleep out of it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

GLASTONBURY Festival founder Michael Eavis remains tight lipped over the surprises in store at this year’s spectacular – but revealed there will be a giant bullring on site.

Speaking to the Mercury at Bridgwater’s Oxfam store, the 75-year-old announced a brand new addition to the festival this year in the form of a 12-metre-high bullring made from lock gates, which will be used for a whole range of performances.

He also said he was looking forward to U2’s first Glastonbury appearance and Mumford and Sons during the five-day festival.

He added: “There are big surprises to come."

The below was voted one of the best things to see at the festival last year and it will be returning this year.

Wall of Death

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cleo87

First time going to glastonbury this year, and cant wait! :D For those who have been to glastonbury before where would you say is the best place to camp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Cleo87 wrote: »
    First time going to glastonbury this year, and cant wait! :D For those who have been to glastonbury before where would you say is the best place to camp?

Unless you are getting there very early on the Wed, you wont have the luxury of choosing really! The site is massive so there is going to be a lot of walking no matter what. Beside the Pyramid stage is prob the prime area that most people want to go for though.

Advertisement