Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cleo87

Linoge wrote: »
    Unless you are getting there very early on the Wed, you wont have the luxury of choosing really! The site is massive so there is going to be a lot of walking no matter what. Beside the Pyramid stage is prob the prime area that most people want to go for though.

Well we should b there fairly early, gonna get a late ferry on the tuesday night and hopefully be in glastonbury in the early hours of wednesday morning.

As long as parking doesn't take forever, we should be there for when the gates open! Any parking preferences between east and west? :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Cleo87 wrote: »
    Well we should b there fairly early, gonna get a late ferry on the tuesday night and hopefully be in glastonbury in the early hours of wednesday morning.

As long as parking doesn't take forever, we should be there for when the gates open! Any parking preferences between east and west? :confused:

Which side you park on doesn't make a whole lot of difference, other than if your on the east then you'll have the "Hill of Death" to negotiate on your way back out when knackered on Monday. I'll be tackling the hill every day though to get back to the campervan, but if its muddy (which it won't be) then getting up the hill with your gear will be a nightmare.

There is more car parking on the west side of the site nowadays I think anyway, and there is probably more camping to the west of the site anyway. I tended to go for Penards Hill/ Park home area the last few years we camped, but have been up in Cockmill Meadow a few times as well.

Once you are not staying downwind of the slurry pit then you'll be fine, that is the area to the right of Hawkwell on the map.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Linoge wrote: »
    Beside the Pyramid stage is prob the prime area that most people want to go for though.

Nah, that would be second on my list of to avoid areas, right after Oxlyers (now called Dance Field).

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to june! :D

Just got the email last night about reminding me to pay for my ticket. :D

Once I've paid for mine, rather than just someone else's, it will feel much closer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/2011-ticket-resale-date-confirmed

Ticket re-sale confirmed for the 9am on Sunday, 17th April 2011.

Opr

w00t1!1!!

I'm now all paid up and ready to go. :D Was a scary moment where the site wouldn't let me pay because it claimed I was an international order and had missed the deadline though. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Stayed on Pennard hill last year, I'd be more than happy to get there again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

According to an interview with Michael Eavis there's 10,000 tickets available in the resale on April 17th. Should be a decent chance for people wanting to go.

He also confirmed that Pulp are not playing... Strange that a Pulp reunion doesn't warrant an appearance at Glastonbury. surprise gig maybe?

Strong rumour for Paul Simon on the old timer slot on the Pyramid

• Advertisement

10,000 tickets is quite a few. But Eavis is known for not knowing what he's talking about a lot of the time so he probably just plucked a number out of the air. Or that is the number of tickets that have not yet been paid for, there is still a couple of days to go for paying the deposit off. Still hoping to get hold of a few more tickets for some friends.

Paul Simon wouldn't be too bad for the Sunday afternoon sing-a-long slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Hopefully he doesn't know what he is talking about regards Pulp because I promised a mate they were dead certs. :(

Robinph - i think you could be right. Michael Eavis has been a bit dithery when discussing the festival in the past. The forum heads on efestivals.co.uk also seem to be dismissing that.

i guess a lot of tickets do need to be paid for, as the last day to pay balances is not until friday.

Toast - It would be bizarre if Pulp didn't play Glasto. surely a blur type comeback is on the cards after their famous '95 performace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIaehhYLVZA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Please god let some decent bands be announced,not impressed so far!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

hey just wondering how everyone is getting over to glastonbury?
    flying? boat? drive?
    if so which is the cheapest or less stressfull way?
    i was thinking fly wed morning with ryanair come back monday afternoon works out at bout 150 all in with 1 bag...

We're getting the early ferry from Rosslare to Pemroke on the Tuesday morning, staying in Bath Tuesday night and then a 30 min drive to the site the following morning. Then we're staying outside Cardiff on the Monday after the festival and then back to Pembroke on the Tuesday afternoon.

The ferry is about €310 for the 3 of us. Ryanair/flying is probably cheaper but i prefer driving because i guess you're more in control of where you want to go and it's handy to stock up car for trip and you've got that road trip feel to the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Fingers crossed for the resale on Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

This sounds amazing!
    Brace yourselves Glastonbury People, as we reveal what is set to be one of the hottest, most decadent and dazzling offerings at this year’s Glastonbury Festival! Known as The Common, this area will be transformed into a sumptuous Latino playground filled with delights from the vibrant world of carnival. Home to twisted voodoo parlours, debauched bordellos, criminal party houses and a giant BULLRING complete with performances from MAJOR HEADLINE ARTISTS.

1819141.jpg
    Last year, The Common brought us eclectic Circus performances and The Wall of Death – an 18ft high cylindrical wall in which motorcyclists hurtled their way around on vintage motorcycles. This year, it is accompanied by the spectacular Campo Pequeno, a towering 26 metre bull-ring complete with a giant fire-breathing bull’s head! The bull-ring is being created using 70 old lock gates from the Kennet and Avon Canal, each measuring 12 feet high and set on end to create the circle. It will seat 200, and the bull-ring will see mock bull fights from an artificial bull. The gates, each weighing two tonnes, were removed from the Devizes flight of 29 locks in January.

Hyped as THE place to be for Glastonbury 2011, hosted by festival favourites Bearded Kitten and home to major headline artists, the venue is a fuse of Hispanic mayhem and astonishing performance spectacles including The Common’s very own ‘La Tomatina’. Glastonbury Festival organiser Michael Eavis said: ‘It’s going to be brilliant!’

This year’s Latin American theme will showcase a dazzling collective of alternative culture including immersive theatre, breathtaking circus, dark puppetry, themed life drawing, luxury cinema, eerie automata, carnival sideshows and headline music acts from around the globe.

Co-founder Kerry Veitch said: ‘This year we’ve really taken The Common to the next level. We’ve spent months searching for the finest music, arts and entertainment from around the world to create something truly amazing and couldn’t be happier with the results. We’ve moved away from the futuristic dystopia feel of that corner of Glastonbury and completely turned it on its head. Imagine the biggest, most decadent and vibrant party ever and you’re half way there. Think of it as an intense cultural paradise..but with macabre undertones’

Glastonbury regulars The Basseline Circus will return to The Common and music will include latin-inspired performers along with reggae, hip-hop, dubstep and South American beats.

Other venues include The Lost Picture Show, Photo Booth, Los Artistas Bohemios, and La Arcada de Adavinos.

Sounds pretty amazing! We’ve seen Trash City, Arcadia and Block9 pull the late night crowds with such success it’s almost resulted in melt-down. Could this be the best yet for Glastonbury? Tell us what you think!

http://www.glastonburypeople.co.uk/groups/glastonburyfestival/Glastonbury-Festival-2011-Exciting-Venue-Revealed/story-10960782-detail/story.html

Opr

How do you start to choose who to see??!!

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

reading the line up has me fecked for the day, no more work getting done :) Really happy about Paul Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

QOTSA finishing up the Sunday. Fcukin A!

Cleo87 wrote: »
    How do you start to choose who to see??!!

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/

Personally, I never pick more than one "wouldn't mind seeing" a day. Then kind of approximately wander in the direction of that stage, and see what happens and what I come across along the way.

But I'm the opposite extreme from people who plan to the minute which act they need to see to fill their days. You should try and find the happy medium, but unless you are really madly into some particular act then try and see something different from what you normally would as that is the whole point I reckon.

robinph wrote: »
    Personally, I never pick more than one "wouldn't mind seeing" a day. Then kind of approximately wander in the direction of that stage, and see what happens and what I come across along the way.

But I'm the opposite extreme from people who plan to the minute which act they need to see to fill their days. You should try and find the happy medium, but unless you are really madly into some particular act then try and see something different from what you normally would as that is the whole point I reckon.

Seems like a good idea, but dunno how to choose between acts i love that are on at the same time...Paolo(seen before was great!), friendly fires, aloe blacc and noah and the whale all at the same time??...too hard!:confused:

Roll a dice, and then pick the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Morrisey then U2 on Friday, awesome :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Only copped Flogging Molly are there now :pac:
    .........Im not gonna sleep for 4 days am I? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What a dull line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

The Clashfinder is up based on last years times, but only provisional at this stage, have a look at this site: http://www.clashfindergeneral.co.uk/s/g2011/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

What a dull line-up.

Donny, you're out of your element

Advertisement