Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Wasn't there another longer thread somewhere else? Just booked a taxi to pick us up and drop us at the Wells Tesco before heading onto the festival. 71stg for 5 people. Not terrible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Toast wrote: »
    Wasn't there another longer thread somewhere else?
    You had me confused there as I thought this was the longer one and suddenly al the pages ad disappeared.

Anyway, here's the long version:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056019030

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

hey im also going it will be my first time too,
    im going ryanair on thursday to tuesday. what time days others flying at? and what stuff or tricks have you got for flying over. tent as hand luggage or depends on weight of other bag might be better to bring small bag and wear couple layers on way over. how much money do you think would be comfortable with having? £3/400?

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    hey im also going it will be my first time too,
    im going ryanair on thursday to tuesday. what time days others flying at? and what stuff or tricks have you got for flying over. tent as hand luggage or depends on weight of other bag might be better to bring small bag and wear couple layers on way over. how much money do you think would be comfortable with having? £3/400?

As I mentioned above you can't bring a tent on as hand luggage due to poles and pegs. You could risk trying to get the exact poles over at the festival from Millets but it is a huge chance. If you want to try your luck you could see if there is someone else on here who'll be on your flight and is checking in luggage but considering the ryanair weight limit is 15kg you'll be lucky to find someone willing to take your poles. Festival will certainly give / sell you pegs.

Money depends on how much drinking you plan on doing. You can eat well on 30 quid a day. I've burnt through 100 a day though on booze as I don't bother bringing much in with me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd have been taking £250'ish with me previously, but then we also take rather large supplies of alcohol as well in the camper. There are cash machines on site, but i've seen pretty long queues to get to them at various point in the day. If you time it right though then you may miss the busy times, there are also a couple of different sets of cash machines now I think which they didn't have before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Wasn't there another longer thread somewhere else? Just booked a taxi to pick us up and drop us at the Wells Tesco before heading onto the festival. 71stg for 5 people. Not terrible.

Are you flying and getting a taxi from the Airport ? How close is the Wells Tesco to the festival ? I think our plan is also to book a taxi, get sorted with booze along the way and then head on to the festival.

Opr

Yup. The Tesco is enroute and about 20 mins from the festival. If you've ever done the trip before it is left at the Halfords that sticks out like a big orange thumb. Still trying to find out if it will sell beer at 8am in the morning though as haven't actually gone into it before. Apparently only some have 24hrs beer licenses and as this isn't a 24hr Tesco so I'm slightly worried about it.

If the Tescos is open then it should be selling beer I think.

I'll try and remember to go into my local small non-24 hour one and see if is selling first thing in the morning for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ticket arrived \0/
    And I look like a serial killer on it \0/\0/
    Its gonna be a looooong weekend :pac:

• Advertisement

Wasn't expecting to see tickets appearing yet.

No sign of mine yet, but just checked the ticket tracker and one lot says it was "prepared for despatch" on the 11th and the other set on the 12th. Hope that postie has them tomorrow...

Are international tickets sent via regged post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Woo ours are on the way too, prepared for dispatch on the 9th :) I can't remember whether they were sent by reg post last year, but they probably were

Got a call from my dad earlier telling me that he'd collected "some Royal Mail thing" from our local post office...it's our tickets yay!:D Apparently they are being sent by registered post if anyone is wondering

Anyone who got a Taxi last year did you all go to Bath and West or did anyone just get it straight to Gate A? Back in 08 we were able to get dropped at the festival but in 09 they made us go to Bath and West were we got trapped for six hours! I'm never going there again and would rather walk the last couple of KMs if necessary. Wondering what our best situation is? There is no specific taxi info on the site so I'm hoping they'd let us into the bus car park but also wondering if we got turned away could we just jump out on the side of the road or similar or would the police stop us? The taxi is already pre-paid for so I'm thinking if it got to the point where we were close and got out before anyone could give out to him for dropping us and was away again they'd have no choice to let us in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Secret headlinersized band for Glastonbury
    Emily Eavis, who curates the Park Stage, denied rumours that Radiohead will be making an appearence but did say that they have a huge special guest in line. "We do have a special guest on the Park Stage that's a really big thing for us," she said. "It's a band who could potentially be headlining."

Eavis added that the act might draw such a crowd that the organisers "might have to close the field" as they did last year when Radiohead's Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood played an unannounced set.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/10134/-/Secret-headlinersized-band-for-Glastonbury

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Probably Pulp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

it's Westlife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Tickets arrived on Thursday to my parents house on Thursday :D Left them in my brothers yesterday :mad: Have to book my flights tonight. This is my first Glasto so I'm really looking forward to it.

Two of our expected three deliveries of tickets have arrived now...they were delivered yesterday though. :confused:

Just need one more ticket and the campervan pass and we are sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Those of you who have received your tickets - did you buy them last October or in the April re-sale?

Dreaded "we called while you were out" slip was waiting after work yesterday. Tickets were from the original October sale.

Those of you who have received your tickets - did you buy them last October or in the April re-sale?

October

All of ours were bought in October. The first one that was paid for, it being "international", is the only one that we are still waiting to appear though.

Last resale on this evening:
    http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/newsfinal-resale-of-tickets-on-tuesday-evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Got my three from October, we needed one more and could only get the bus + ticket in April , we called and asked about a pick up point in case we miss the bus and were told that there will be a collection point close to the entrance but it will not be announced until days before or even on the same day.

So we have to drop one of our party off in Bristol en route or take a chance and get the ticket at the venue.

im the opposite to above im in a group of three and the two others could only get tickets with the coach from bristol on thursday 1230 so i either go ahead on my own or try see if i can pay on the bus if there is room.. i got ticket in oct and it arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

I think I would go ahead on my own Ssshhh, if you arrive on Thursday with your friends finding a good camping spot might be a bit tricky. If you go on Wednesday you can get yourself set up and keep a nice little spot for your friends.

This is my fifth Glastonbury and I can't wait!! :D

well my flight is on the thurs the dilema is wait till there bus try get on or go on ahead on myself get bear taxi and set up?

You'd be best to look to try and arrange to share a taxi with someone from here or over on Efestivals Lift share page. Odds are the bus is reserved for ticket holders. There are also National Express buses going from Bristol though you could look into getting.

Anyone who got a ticket in the resale got theirs yet? All our crew who got them in the original have but the one who got them in the April resale is still waiting on his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

You'd be best to look to try and arrange to share a taxi with someone from here or over on Efestivals Lift share page. Odds are the bus is reserved for ticket holders. There are also National Express buses going from Bristol though you could look into getting.

Anyone who got a ticket in the resale got theirs yet? All our crew who got them in the original have but the one who got them in the April resale is still waiting on his.

5 of us got tickets in the April re-sale and still no sign of them being dispatched.

In 2010 we got re-sale tickets also and I think it was around 2 weeks before the festival before we actually received them.

Advertisement