Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hawkie

5 of us got tickets in the April re-sale and still no sign of them being dispatched.

In 2010 we got re-sale tickets also and I think it was around 2 weeks before the festival before we actually received them.

think they stagger posting out the tickets, we got several tickets during first round of ticket sales...some have been delivered, some haven't. No need to be concerned!;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Indie rockers Hard-Fi have self confirmed themselves for Glastonbury Festival.

The band fronted by Richard Archer confirmed at their show in Nottingham recently that they will be headlining as special guests on the Billy Bragg Leftfield stage at Glastonbury on the Saturday 25th June, and our understanding is that this is indeed correct. They have not been officially confirmed by Festival organisers.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/11/110524e.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

anybody need a lift back to Bristol Airport on Monday morning??

Thinking of getting a taxi and looking for people to share. Should get if for less than £20 a head and it's so much easier than the bus or train. Should only take 40 mins or so. We are looking to leave about half 9 or 10am.

Have 2-3 spare seats at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

driving with a convoy of 3 cars, we all working there so heading down on the monday I think, Glasto blows most UK festivals and ALL Irish festivals out of the water

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've been getting more and more nervous with the weather we've been having over here for the last while. The longer it stays nice, the more likely it is to piss it down at the end of the month. I'm especially expecting thunder and lightning now. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Anyone looking for a handy way to drain the batteries on their phones even faster than normal:
    The free Glastonbury 2011 app is now live for Nokia. Here's the full list of links -
    iPhone http://bit.ly/g11iphone
    Android http://bit.ly/g11android
    Nokia http://bit.ly/g11nokia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

What do people use for carrying everything from their car to the campsite? I have seen mentions of everything from wheelbarrows, to prams, to sack trolleys.

Also where might one pick up a handy bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

Just a decent strong fold up trolley...You'll get them in B&Q or Woodies... Make sure the wheels are sturdy on them, other wise you'll crash and burn if it gets muddy...

Hefty wheels and you should be OK, maybe. Have destroyed a few contraptions over the years in both wet and dry on the way in. Best setup we had though was a trolley one of the lads had built with bicycle wheels, a big wooden box in the middle and the front of a push bike on the front so we could steer as well. It could all be dismantled when we got to camp, then we also had the wooden floor of the trolley under the tent which made for a nice flat surface to sleep on.

The wooden plank wasn't so good the year of the Pennards flood though as the other lad in the tent started to get a bit sea sick in the morning as he started to float. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

any recommendations for where to find a nice comfy/light pair of wellies in Dublin? left it to the very last minute the last time I went and ended up with really heavy ones that were a pain. Thanks!

Web chat with an Avon & Somerset copper about the festival and what the cops get up to and deal with stuff on site:

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/Interactive/Webchat/TranscriptView.aspx?id=112

2 weeks today and I'll be setting up camp... Any early weather reports?

Not been looking at the forecasts too much yet, but am happy to say that we have had some rain over the last few days. The lack of rain down here was starting to concern me. Hopefully the weather gods have now got that bit of rain out of their system and will kep it dry for Glasto weekend itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've had a look around at a few long range forecasts and by all accounts it looks set to be another scorcher. I'll wait a while though before I take the wellies off my packing list ;)

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about Glasto because I'm dreading the come down. Getting older now and even one night on the sauce leaves me in a shaky mood for days after so I'm not sure how 5 days of messiness will go down? I'll probably be no use to anyone for at least a week after :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

My bus ticket just arrived, so Glasto #4 is fast becoming a reality. Back home to Ireland for a wedding the weekend before, so it is warm up training before the main event :D

Here's hoping! Anyone get their bus tickets yet?

harney wrote: »
    My bus ticket just arrived, so Glasto #4 is fast becoming a reality. Back home to Ireland for a wedding the weekend before, so it is warm up training before the main event :D

Nice, hopefully mines on its way!

I've had a look around at a few long range forecasts and by all accounts it looks set to be another scorcher. I'll wait a while though before I take the wellies off my packing list ;)

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about Glasto because I'm dreading the come down. Getting older now and even one night on the sauce leaves me in a shaky mood for days after so I'm not sure how 5 days of messiness will go down? I'll probably be no use to anyone for at least a week after :(

Hangovers don't really happen in the same way at Glasto. Sure you feel a bit dodgy the next "morning", but there is something about the location and the large quantities of apple based beverages that sorts you out a lot better than normal.

The week after is a bit rough though, but during those days in Pilton nothing else really matters.

Have gone to the site on the Wednesday every year so far. This time we are going for a Tuesday arrival, setup and get drunk in the campervan fields Tuesday night, then wander down to the gate nice and chilled out sometime on the Wednesday without needing to get stressed about traffic jams...well until the Monday when one of us has the make the evening Ryanair back to Dublin.

Sleep deprivation will get to you more than the hangovers...You seem to walk the hangovers off over there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

hi everyone 2weeks time ill be well oiled at this stage..
    anyway is there many flying on the ryanair 630 flight thurs?
    im sure it be full fest goers

Flying out on Wednesday evening...Counting down the days now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Cheers for the trolley tips lads n lasses.

How's everyone getting over? Myself and a mate are getting the ferry from Rosslare, Tuesday night - think we get into Pembroke in the wee hours of the morning, and then its back into the car and make our way towards the car parks. Going to be rough coming home I'd say. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I know how you feel. Im 40 this year so wanted to go to Glastonbury this year for my last one in my 30's. I think I will just have to go the old 'permanently drunk' route for this one for the 5 days and sleep off the hangover when I get back. I am taking 2 extra days off work so will do all my sleeping then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

gazzer wrote: »
    I know how you feel. Im 40 this year so wanted to go to Glastonbury this year for my last one in my 30's. I think I will just have to go the old 'permanently drunk' route for this one for the 5 days and sleep off the hangover when I get back. I am taking 2 extra days off work so will do all my sleeping then :)

Yeah I reckon this is definitely the way to go. I've taken a couple of days off as well to recover. The trick is to keep a steady intake of alcohol going throughout the Festival, if you start sobering up then its game over!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

2 weeks today and I'll be setting up camp... Any early weather reports?

Guy over on Net Weather forum does a daily analysis on the charts.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/69427-glastonbury-2011/page__st__51

Opr

Bus ticket arrived this morning...

Weather looks like its gonna be just ok...I'll live with that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

you lucky, lucky bastards...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    hi everyone 2weeks time ill be well oiled at this stage..
    anyway is there many flying on the ryanair 630 flight thurs?
    im sure it be full fest goers

Yeah, there's 4 or 5 of us flying out that flight too. It'll be wall-to-wall rucksacks in the hold I'd say

• Advertisement

Yeah, there's 4 or 5 of us flying out that flight too. It'll be wall-to-wall rucksacks in the hold I'd say

I almost miss the flying over before Glasto, you could easily spot the over excited people flying over on the Wednesday, and the people on a severe come down on the Monday-Tuesday flights back. Good buzz.

Advertisement