Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The thing I am not looking forward to is the stink on the flight coming home on the Monday :pac:

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Kentish

Hey folks,
    I still havnt received my Glasto tickets...anyone else on the same boat?? Im flying out from Dub nxt tues morning at 0630 if anyone else is...really cant wait at this stage!! im a glasto virgin and im so excited!!
    quick query...i still havnt sorted my camping equipment...do ye think i should purchase it here in ireland and bring on the flight or just buy it over in bristol on the tues when i arrive!!
    Cheers all!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Give See Tickets a call and see what the story is with your ticket. They will probably tell you to collect it either at the gate or Bath and West showground, not certain on this years policy for ticket collection.

As for getting stuff in Dublin or Bristol that depends on if you've paid for extra bags or not already. Simpler to buy your stuff before hand, but baggage fees can be a bit steep if your not already paid up for them. Turning up in Bristol without a tent could leave you with a bit of a problem, not because there won't be any tents available, just because you'll have to search around for them and you really could do without the hassle.

Bristol is a bus ride away from Bristol Airport, and in the wrong direction for the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

You can just pick up a tent on the day at Glastonbury, I arrived one year without a tent and it was no issue.

Altenatively you can book one in advance (now :D ) and pick it up on the day inside. I can't find the link right now, but have a look around the main site or one of the forums.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=4

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bit of a blonde moment for me there, had obviously wiped from my memory the years when I had everything apart from the clothes I was wearing nicked so had to buy tent and the lot on site.

There is usually a Millets on site, but will be other shops flogging all range of stuff as well. Just don't expect to pick up a pair of wellies the day after it's rained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

Just looking at the line up...Not as many Irish acts as there usually is... U2 and Fight Like Apes is the only ones I can see...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Kentish wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    I still havnt received my Glasto tickets...anyone else on the same boat?? Im flying out from Dub nxt tues morning at 0630 if anyone else is...really cant wait at this stage!! im a glasto virgin and im so excited!!

Just want to check but you know the festival isn't next week right? I assume you mean Tuesday 21st?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Just looking at the line up...Not as many Irish acts as there usually is... U2 and Fight Like Apes is the only ones I can see...

Imelda May is playing. Do The Popes consider themselves Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

Kentish wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    quick query...i still havnt sorted my camping equipment...do ye think i should purchase it here in ireland and bring on the flight or just buy it over in bristol on the tues when i arrive!!
    Cheers all!

if i remember right theres a big Halfords near enough to Bristol Airport, have passed it a few times in a taxi to Glastonbury, they usually sell cheap camping gear but its not the greatest quality.

brozio7 wrote: »
    if i remember right theres a big Halfords near enough to Bristol Airport, have passed it a few times in a taxi to Glastonbury, they usually sell cheap camping gear but its not the greatest quality.

There is a lot of nothing near the airport, but you could have gone through any number of towns on the way to the site. Was probably in Wells though, but don't think I'd recommend their gear particularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Nallyfox

Hey all,

Anyone looking to share a lift from Bristol Airport 12.30pm ish Thursday to the fest? Wo hoo!

Looks like Glasto got washed out today...Defo packing poncho monsoon gear...

Looks like Glasto got washed out today...Defo packing poncho monsoon gear...

Yep, was chucking it down in brizzle today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It can do anything it likes this far out as long as it sorts itself for the festival. A few showers can be weathered as long as the sun comes out to dry them. The dangerous years are when it doesn't stop for the entire festival.

^ Agreed, we can even just about get away with a touch of rain the day before as long as the ground is not already sodden. I'm much happier now that it has been raining as the weather had been far too sunny for far too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭foggers

Toast wrote: »
    It can do anything it likes this far out as long as it sorts itself for the festival. A few showers can be weathered as long as the sun comes out to dry them. The dangerous years are when it doesn't stop for the entire festival.

yeah agree, couple of years ago, we got two monsoons on the thursday night and sunday night but was grand by morning.......

nightmare is like 07 and 05 i think where we got submerged......only drying out now!!!

the new drainage is meant to help if worst comes to the worst but in rteality there is no drainage that will help in monsoon season!!!

prepare for the worst, hope for the best.....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

It's that time again...

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up-poster/

Agonize over clashes, then end up seeing neither anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

the gaslight anthem have a bit of Irish descent. . .and they're playing the feis in London on the 18th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 richardtauber

Landing in to Bristol Airport on Shannon flight at 16.40 on Thursday 23. Anybody want to share a taxi?

(Ditto coming back on Monday - leaving site circa 08.00.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

DJ Kormac???? I'm assuming he's the lad who usually plays with the big band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Oh god. I really hope we dont get rain. I know last year was warm as f**k but it is still better than traipsing around Glasto in wellies and getting stuck in mud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

God I really hope there isn't a monsoon. I've been 3 times and twice it has been torrential. If I knew in advance it was going to be really bad, I sell my ticket - but that aint possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

theteal wrote: »
    the gaslight anthem have a bit of Irish descent. . .and they're playing the feis in London on the 18th

Japanese Popstars also from Derry.

It's that time again...

Man, U2 clashing with Screamadelica and DJ Shadow... What were they thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It's that time again...

Im not gonna lie. I just glanced over that and my head is absolutely melted already :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Clashfinder has been updated with the times.

http://clashfinder.com/s/g2011/

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Man, U2 clashing with Screamadelica and DJ Shadow... What were they thinking...

You mean Primal Scream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

The orange Glastonbury app is excellent. Can make your own schedule.

Latest weather isn't too bad. Was there in 2005 and it wasn't that bad. Site was bone dry by Sunday. Last year was ridiculously hot.

Clash city but sure that's the festival. I've missed huge headliners due to having a blast in some random tent. Can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Not sure I could cope with stress of going to Glastonbury.

I mean, there's waaaaay too much choice.

• Advertisement

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    You mean Primal Scream?

You know what I mean... :pac:

Advertisement