Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

robinph wrote: »
    They do take credit cards if you buy via the international tickets link. All exactly the same price and from the same pool of tickets, just they won't take credit cards for UK buyers.

Cheers Robin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

How much of a lottery on the day getting tickets does it tend to be ? I take it having as many people as possible buying them and then just take the 10 quid hit on any extra ones you don't want is the best plan ?

Opr

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You won't be able to by more than one ticket for each person anyway, so having multiple people trying to order won't be an issue. If it does happen though then they just cancel the duplicates and it won't cost you the £10.

It is a big lottery getting tickets, but I've never failed to get tickets since they brought in the online ordering yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm looking forward to the rat race!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've been the past 3 years and (obviously) haven't failed getting tickets yet, you just have to make sure you have the Sunday free and make sure that you're awake with a coffee in one hand and the other resting on the F5 key...

Reckon it'll be bedlam this time around though, but then again, apparently it was surprisingly easy getting onto the site for the second batch of tickets this year (despite U2 being announced as a headliner at the time)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i heard that if you buy a ticket and you want to back out later on down the line before glasto , that you cant sell them because the tickets in your name of something ?? is this true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yep.

The tickets can be cancelled up until probably sometime around March and you will just loose the £10 I believe. Your not paying for the full balance of the ticket price until next year anyway. When the tickets are finally sent out, which isn't until about two weeks before hand, they will have your name, address and photograph printed on them. Unless you have an identical twin there isn't really anyone that you could sell it to anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Yep.

The tickets can be cancelled up until probably sometime around March and you will just loose the £10 I believe. Your not paying for the full balance of the ticket price until next year anyway. When the tickets are finally sent out, which isn't until about two weeks before hand, they will have your name, address and photograph printed on them. Unless you have an identical twin there isn't really anyone that you could sell it to anyway.

is this the first time they are doing this ??? really cool with the photo on it

No, they have had the photos on the tickets for a few years now, and before that they just had name and address on them and you had to take photo ID along with you as well. Now you just need your face to match the ticket.

Make sure you register a photo with them before ticket day in October though, a day or so after submitting a photo you'll then get the registration number that will be needed to actually book the ticket.

Just a reminder folks that registration closes on Friday at 9am.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Reg'd for this - fingers crossed I get a ticket.

Do these tend to sell out very fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yes, usually within an hour or two. You could easily spend two hours refreshing the ticket website only to come away empty handed. Thats only my experience from a few years ago, not sure what it was like last year but I heard it was crazy because of the 25th anniversary and all that.

And what about getting a ticket some other way or is it even possible?

Depends really... I'd say with U2 being hotly tipped to return, they'll sell out in a couple of hours.
    Like I said before, get yourself set up and ready to go for the start of the sale, don't just expect to log in in the afternoon and be able to buy tickets

Any idea when the headliners will be announced for sure?

Rumours will increase in accuracy from December onwards with headliners probably being confirmed around April/May.

Rumours will increase in accuracy from December onwards with headliners probably being confirmed around April/May.

What's doing the rounds at the moment?

U2 + ??? + ???

This is a great site for tracking the line up. Every act has different statuses depending on whether they are rumoured, strongly rumoured etc. I think TBC means they have said they are going to play but it not been officially confirmed yet. Expect that page to fill out massively the closer its gets to showtime :)

Bodger & Badger are surely more than just a "Strong Rumour", if any act can be confirmed at this stage it is them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Hi all,

I'll be up early on Sunday hitting F5 for the morning. It says on the FAQ's that you can order up to 8 tickets per transaction. If ordering more than one do the people you are buying the other tickets for need to be registered or can you buy them and give the name/photo afterwards?

• Advertisement

I'm pretty certain they have to be registered. Thats the whole point of it.

Everyone that you are trying to buy a ticket for on Sunday must have pre registered, submitted a photo, had that photo approved and got back a registration number.

Everyone that you are trying to buy a ticket for on Sunday must have pre registered, submitted a photo, had that photo approved and got back a registration number.

You also need to know the postcode that the other person used to register, so make sure they tell you that!!!
    If you're ordering multiple tickets, I would suggest double checking all of your information here beforehand

Good luck to everybody on Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Where do we get the tickets? Ticketmaster, seetickets or glasto website?

This will be the link:

http://www2.seetickets.com/g2011

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I'd better set my alarm for early Sunday morning so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

This will be the link:

Will that be the f5 link from 8.55am on Sunday,

This will be the link:

Is that the International ticket link that you talked about earlier in the thread which will accept Irish credit cards ?

Opr

Expect that page to change over the weekend. It would usually then have links appear on there for buying UK tickets, debit card only, and then another appear below it for buying international tickets, credit card only. It is the same pool of tickets that you'd then be buying from, there isn't any allocation of international tickets that your fighting for, UK or international have the same chances.

Laser cards will not work.

There will probably be another holding page or two after that page before you actually get to where you enter the registration numbers and postcode. The next page would then be the one where you can specify things like the delivery address and card details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I haven;t gone in a few years, this ticketing is changed. Is it usually as busy on Sunday with this new system?

Advertisement