Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Griff77

Thanks for the quick replies and links! Legends! I'm sure I'll be on again to pester you all with questions. :)

Griff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cleo87

I wish it would hurry up and be tuesday so the fun can begin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i've sooo much work to do before getting the ferry Tuesday it's not even funny, hopefully there will be somewhere in Holyhead to get a nice kip for the 4 hours i'm hanging around there...

cant believe its so close though
    When it comes to the weather and it looks like its going to rain or whatever I just read a few posts from this thread and I feel a little better.
    Don't think I would handle the severe heat of last year well at all!

i cant handle heat at all and i did fine* last year - i just dont know how i'm gonna handle rain...

*reading through that link, i'm reminded about the mornings, waking up at 8am every morning is not pleasant...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Does anyone know if there's an easily printable timetable, so I can see at a glance which bands are playing at what times?

Blisterman wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's an easily printable timetable, so I can see at a glance which bands are playing at what times?

you'll get one on a lanyard when you arrive, hold onto it as it's a lifesaver!!

• Advertisement

I'm trying to remember from last time. But if I recall it's listed by stage, so to see which bands are playing at a certain time, you have to look through every page.

Anyway, have found it here: http://clashfinder.com/s/g2011/#none

Blisterman wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember from last time. But if I recall it's listed by stage, so to see which bands are playing at a certain time, you have to look through every page.

Anyway, have found it here: http://clashfinder.com/s/g2011/#none

ah cool, you could also use the official android app

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.orange.glastonbury

or mine

https://market.android.com/details?id=ie.princesolutions.glastonbury

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cleo87

So who do we think is gonna be the 'special guests' on the park stage?? :confused:

rumours going round.... arctic monkeys, pulp, kings, foo's....... ??? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Kentish

ys the kings would be a whopper surprise!!
    its so hard to pick who to to...spoilt with choice :) but here are some im looking fwd to seeing
    Naked & famous
    coldplay
    fight like apes
    the coral
    devotchkas
    friendly fires
    fleet foxes
    professor green
    pendulum
    plan b

any reccomendations for the acoustic stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Great Glastonbury documentary on BBC2 at the moment.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

That would have been Julien Temples 2006 Glastonbury Film. I came home from the pub with the intention of watching it and promptly fell asleep on the couch. :mad:

Are any of the acts on Wednesday or Thursday worth seeing? Only know a handful of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just back from a trip to pick up various essential supplies.

Picked up a small amount of apple based alcoholic drinks as well:

http://yfrog.com/kg5ubmj

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

Cleo87 wrote: »
    So who do we think is gonna be the 'special guests' on the park stage?? :confused:

rumours going round.... arctic monkeys, pulp, kings, foo's....... ??? :cool:

Maybe Mr Noely G...

Also Wayne Rooney is going so maybe it's the Stereophonics...

Last year was amazing tho, I was pissing in a bush and heard Thom Yorke coming on the Park Stage, was running while zipping meself up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 crock9000

Hi, this is the first time me and my mates are going to glasto, we are driving down and i just wnated some advice on the best time/route to take to get to the festival. We live close to birmingham so i was planning on taking the M5 then the M4 down to the A37 and leave about 6 in the morning. Sound like a good plan or does anyone have any other advice on times/routes?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

^ Doesn't really make much difference I think. Can't quite remember if it was last year or year before, but the police closed a section of the M5 on the Wednesday due to an accident and so loads of people were stuck for the day trying to get around that, and anyone going the M4-M32-A37 route were also stuck for the day there because of the volume of traffic.

If your confident of your map reading skills, and know how to ignore what the sat nav keeps on telling you, then you can try some alternatives once you get stuck in a queue on an A road. You can't do that on an M road, but the capacity for them to carry traffic is obviously much greater. The M5-A39 option will probably get you a lot closer to the site before your hit proper traffic and there is more carparking on the west side and you don't have to negotiate the "Hill of death" on the walk in.

Flip a coin and take your chances.

Decided to dress a bit smarter this year so if you see someone in something along the lines of this then say hello:
    7294-orange%20tux-c.jpg
    I also may be seen in Londain GAA jersey at times if any of ye know what that looks like.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

anyone else working at glasto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 richardtauber

Quite the dandy robinph!

Fair dues re the London Jersey.

Have to say (being just back from the Tipp match) that county colours - especially Kilkenny - are very noughties.

My missus is doing a thesis on the diaspora (and their childer) at the moment, so I think I'll let you off with a London jersey.

(Had Tipp ribbons stolen from my tent in '98 - suspect a number of Cork feckers)

ps Still looking for taxishare from Bristol Airport Thurs 17.00 ish.

robinph wrote: »
    Decided to dress a bit smarter this year so if you see someone in something along the lines of this then say hello:
    7294-orange%20tux-c.jpg
    I also may be seen in Londain GAA jersey at times if any of ye know what that looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Forecasts are beginning to firm up and most are loosely in agreement now, basically looks like a mixed bag. Bit of sun, bit of rain. I'm happy enough with that :)

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=BA6%208AE&metric=1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/3076?area=Glastonbury

http://positiveweathersolutions.co.uk./Glastonbury-Festival---Wednesday-June-22nd-to-Sunday-June-26th.php

Bit of a sensationalist headline from Sky News even though their article goes on to say sunny and dry Thursday and Friday?
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201106116014806

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Weather doesn't look too bad, just about to hit the road now :D

Reporting Glastonbury as a mudfest the moment there is a drop of rain or even a threat of it is some sort of tradition with the UK media. I came back in 2008 to find that most people thought we'd have spent our entire trip swimming between stages. Way I recall it there was some rain on Thursday and Friday but wellies were retired by midday Saturday and Sunday looked like this.

sunnyglasto.jpg

I reckon we're in for similar again.

Quite the dandy robinph!

Fair dues re the London Jersey.

Have to say (being just back from the Tipp match) that county colours - especially Kilkenny - are very noughties.

My missus is doing a thesis on the diaspora (and their childer) at the moment, so I think I'll let you off with a London jersey.

(Had Tipp ribbons stolen from my tent in '98 - suspect a number of Cork feckers)

ps Still looking for taxishare from Bristol Airport Thurs 17.00 ish.

You certainly don't see as many jerseys around there these days, but it is only very recently I think they have gone into hiding. The London one is still good for spotting confused Irish people though, a slightly quizzical look on their face as they try and figure out what it is. I am the opposite of the Irish diasopra though so think I can get away with it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If it stays dry while im getting setup Im happy. Anything else I can deal with :pac:

We might not be so lucky on that front. First year I have an outer pitching tent and looking like it might pay off. If anyone in your group has a popup or outer pitching tent get them to put that up first and throw everyones gear into it and then sort the rest of the tents and once their up dry the insides completely before putting anything into them.

Unfortunately just me & a pop up. :o
    At least i can work fast :pac:

Meant to ask, is there anyone else on the 6:35 Ryanair Wednesday looking to share a taxi?
    Already been talking to lindnu & shes sorted so I was wondering if theres anyone else around here? :)

Probably not really any good for you guys without postcodes, but this shows how big the site is:

http://howbigreally.com/dimension/festivals_and_specticles/glastonbury

Then think about fitting 200,000 people in that space.

Edit: It does actually work if you just put in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Done some last minute shopping today. Anything else I need, I would assume, is available there. Just hope that the weather holds out. I'm not young enough anymore to deal with a mud fest.

• Advertisement

Yeah, basically everything is available on site.

Advertisement