Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

robinph wrote: »
    Yeah, basically everything is available on site.

Except Myhabs! Amazing that the festival is going to sort out tents for all those who got screwed. Couldn't see any other festival doing that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

^ Just saw that item on efests. Had never heard of them things before though until looking through threads on there and wondering what on earth they were on about.

Eavis is a good bloke, even if he doesn't like the Wombles.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

^ Just saw that item on efests. Had never heard of them things before though until looking through threads on there and wondering what on earth they were on about.

Eavis is a good bloke, even if he doesn't like the Wombles.

Eavis is God of the hippies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 presetbandit

We are (were) booked with myhab , so glad they are sorting this out .

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/myhab-2011

Heading over with the van tomorrow. Its going to be a good rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

So, speacial guests... I'm betting The La's joined on stage by Noely G...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Agreed.

Although I don't look particularly hippy like in this shot, I can say that I have met God:
    mick.jpg

You'll note the other people doing the strange thing of looking through a viewfinder on their cameras to take pictures which shows that it's a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

That's the lot packed and ready, on the Stena Line crossing in the morning from Dun Laoighre to Holyhead....hope you all enjoy it! Over & Out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Lads,

Quick question regarding getting from the festival to Bristol Airport on Monday.

I checked on the national express website and it turns out they drive into Temple Meads before going to airport, taking a grand total of 2.5 hours. Now I can't remember the bus journey being that long.I could have sworn there was a direct bus to the airport.

Can anyone remember this? Also, do you have to pre-book these tickets? Apologies, my memory has lapsed since I've last been :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

that's a bit weird, but in fairness the actual Bristol-Bristol Airport bus picks up and drops off at Temple Meads too. Do you mean 2.5 hours from festival site to airport? That sounds about right to me time-wise but it makes no sense as to why they'd pick up at the railway station! Are they maybe combining 2 bus journeys - as in site-Bristol then Bristol-Airport?

Is so and if it's possible, maybe book an earlier bus just to Bristol bus station, and hop on an airport bus/taxi there if you have time issues

EDIT - just checked NE website there - site-> airport involves a change at the bus station, with what looks like a bit of a layover in most cases. That's probably not a bad thing in terms of covering yourself in case of bad traffic or something, but I'd still advise just getting to Bristol asap and working from there if you have to rush for a flight.

Stinkle - cheers for that info. I couldn't recall if they dropped people off at the Bus station before the airport. Sure not to worry. All i'm concerned about at the minute is getting through the next 8 odd hours of work before a week of madness commences :)

• Advertisement

Bobon wrote: »
    All i'm concerned about at the minute is getting through the next 8 odd hours of work before a week of madness commences :)

Same here, did all the packing last night and am suddenly very excited. Thought I was getting a bit desensitised to the whole thing, but no :D. This day is gonna be sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Got a bit of a glasto mix playing whilst pretending to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Some people claimed direct buses existed but I have never been able to find them. I was able to book the indirect bus via Bristol in the past which included the journey on the Bristol Flyer (so we actually had to change buses but it was inclusive). Haven't even seen that option this year so gotta get the flyer separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Got a bit of a glasto mix playing whilst pretending to work

stinkle can ye throw it up somewhere and pm me? Counting down the hours here till I hit the roads this evening. Gonna be a nice drive till I'm parking up in the car parks sometime early tomorrow morning.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    stinkle can ye throw it up somewhere and pm me? Counting down the hours here till I hit the roads this evening. Gonna be a nice drive till I'm parking up in the car parks sometime early tomorrow morning.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

You can listen to worthy FM, they are streaming from the website now.
    They had Emily Eavis on earlier saying the site is in good condition due to the drainage amongst other things.
    http://www.worthyfm.com/listen-live/

Also for anyone getting the boat tonight from Dublin Port you should be aware that the Dublin Docklands Fun Run is taking place so allow more time for traffic and a possible detour depending on where your coming from. Heres the route map

docklands-run-map-2011-with-water-stations.gif

Grrr, why does work get so fricking busy on the day I'm trying to pack stuff and get into relaxed Glasto mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Grrr, why does work get so fricking busy on the day I'm trying to pack stuff and get into relaxed Glasto mode?
    I got off work today to get the last of everything sorted :D
    Now if i could only remember what those things are :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 frogg

I am contacting taxi companies for the best price from Bristol Airport to the festival. The cheapest I have been quoted is £40, however this drops you off a mile and a half away from the site! Just wondering who other people are booking with, and what drop off point, price they are charging?

Also, how long does the journey take? I have been told it could take up to 3 hours on Friday :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Can't be to busy if you've time for posting here.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Continue making playlists or start packing hmmmmmm.... :D

• Advertisement

frogg wrote: »
    I am contacting taxi companies for the best price from Bristol Airport to the festival. The cheapest I have been quoted is £40, however this drops you off a mile and a half away from the site! Just wondering who other people are booking with, and what drop off point, price they are charging?

Also, how long does the journey take? I have been told it could take up to 3 hours on Friday :-(

I've gotten a taxi twice before from Bristol Airport to Glastonbury. Each time, it would drop me off close enough to the gate. I've always found someone to share a taxi with at the airport. Just turn up and get a taxi with randomers. I can guarantee 90% of the people on your plane are going to the festival.

anyone know how the shuttle buses to Castle Cary work? not for me, but a mate who's going for the first time needs to catch a flight from Bristol at 4ish on Monday and he's wondering how bad the traffic will be on the road to castle cary. I imagine it'll be priority for shuttle buses? Never got the train myelf, but if memory serves me correctly from the Bath and West Showground pickup era, the roads are fairly quiet, presumably because those routes are prioritised for shuttles

Are there trains going from Castle Cary to Temple Meads? The train lines drawn on Google Maps don't appear to be going that direct.

Can't be to busy if you've time for posting here.:D

All sorted and packed now. Phone has stopped ringing, or at least someone else is answering it for me now. Just have to hope the rush hour traffic getting through Bristol isn't too bad on the way to the airport.

Hope to be on site before the sun goes down, and that it is still dry when we setup.

Sunny in Bristol at the moment. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lindnu

Sunny in Bristol at the moment. :D

great to hear :)

Bobon wrote: »
    I've gotten a taxi twice before from Bristol Airport to Glastonbury. Each time, it would drop me off close enough to the gate. I've always found someone to share a taxi with at the airport. Just turn up and get a taxi with randomers. I can guarantee 90% of the people on your plane are going to the festival.

Thanks for the info. How long did the journey take? The taxi company I am dealing with say they can drop me off at steambow layway. Anyone know if thats close?

Are there trains going from Castle Cary to Temple Meads? The train lines drawn on Google Maps don't appear to be going that direct.

Yep there are. Check raileasy.co.uk.

I'm booked on to a train from Castle Cary to Temple Meads on the Monday. It takes around an hour with 1 change-over. It costs around £14 altogether.

Steamboat Lane comes up in Google Maps as being the location of the Glastonbury Festivals office in Glastonbury town. You do not want to get dropped off there. Sounds like the taxi firm isn't aware of the festival or where it actually is.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=steamboat+lane&hl=en&ll=51.147129,-2.718644&spn=0.016907,0.027895&sll=51.148297,-2.71873&sspn=0.0021,0.003487&z=15

Steamboat Lane comes up in Google Maps as being the location of the Glastonbury Festivals office in Glastonbury town. You do not want to get dropped off there. Sounds like the taxi firm isn't aware of the festival or where it actually is.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=steamboat+lane&hl=en&ll=51.147129,-2.718644&spn=0.016907,0.027895&sll=51.148297,-2.71873&sspn=0.0021,0.003487&z=15

the drop-off point is steambow layby not streamboat lane :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Update from thread on efestivals from someone who has just arrived sounds promising.
    We have arrived so update on conditions. Parked pn easy camper van field ground solid enough only few bits of m*d on main routes. All in all pretty good no need for wellies. Currently sat outside in sunshine, blue sky and breeze to dry it out!

Weather from a number of sources looks decent for the remained with maybe rain on Wednesday morning but the rest of the festival remaining dry with the odd shower and Sunday looks like it could even be very hot.

All packed and mega excited now. Have a good one all.

Opr

Advertisement