Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

frogg wrote: »
    the drop-off point is steambow layby not streamboat lane :)

Yep, couldn't find anything going by that name, but maybe there is a pub called Steambow. Bit of a strange one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cleo87

Just got to pack up the car then we're off....feel like im forgetting something!!!!!! :confused:

Ticket packed anyway......

Hope everyone has a great time!! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

robinph wrote: »
    Yep, couldn't find anything going by that name, but maybe there is a pub called Steambow. Bit of a strange one though.

It is the point that's marked on the official map as the taxi drop off point. West of Gate D. It is a hella lot better than Bath and West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 towers

Arriving at Bristol on the Friday morning from Dublin at 7:30am - planning on getting a taxi to the festival. Anyone else is in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

leaving in half an hour, all packed, got ticket, hope i'm not forgetting anything!!! have a great festival everyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 frogg

Toast wrote: »
    It is the point that's marked on the official map as the taxi drop off point. West of Gate D. It is a hella lot better than Bath and West.

So you could walk from there to the festival entrance easily?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Currently sat in a queue on the way to the camper fields with the engine off. No traffic until we got to Pylle but stationary since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

frogg wrote: »
    So you could walk from there to the festival entrance easily?

Hoping so because that's what we'll be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

does anyone know if there is a lidl or aldi in bristol when i arrive to get my drink or where would be the best place to stock up? how much on average would 24x500ml cans of larger be? cheers oh and morgan spice ltr?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

Loads of Tesco expresses around, they're always doing special offers... Watch the percentages on the cans tho, some are different alcohol percentages than here...Last thing you want is to be drinking a 3% can of Carlsburg for the weekend...

You'll probably pick up a slab for under 30 quid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    does anyone know if there is a lidl or aldi in bristol when i arrive to get my drink or where would be the best place to stock up? how much on average would 24x500ml cans of larger be? cheers oh and morgan spice ltr?

There is a massive Tesco in Shepton Mallett and plenty of Lidl and Aldi in Bristol its self.

Usually there are some offers on for beer so as long as you are not fussy on what brand you drink then you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

great coverage on bbc3 at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Mumford & Sons are amazing, wish i was there!!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Caught Biffy Clyro earlier on , thought the 2nd guitar really added to their sound live. Lost interest in them ages ago but thought they were good tonight.

Feeling like an auld fella watching it has to be said, don't know many off the bands. I've heard of them but not their music, really don't get mumford and sons or the vaccines :confused:

BB King I enjoyed too.

I'd love to bash U2 but sure why waste my breath :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Feeling like an auld fella watching it has to be said, don't know many off the bands. I've heard of them but not their music, really don't get mumford and sons or the vaccines

I loved The Vaccines! Can't think who they remind me of though.

Caught most of Morrissey, (I love him!!) thought he was a bit pissed off with a less than entheused crowd. He made some comment about them waiting for U2... didn't quite catch it.

And just got a bit of U2... *shudder* got as far as Bono mentioning Damien Hirst and that was enough. And mr. sudzs now insisting on watching The Godfather II untill U2 have left the building! :rolleyes:

BBC doing great coverage! I love being an aul wan watching it all from my sofa!! :D

And can't wait for Primal Scream!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

First time I've seen any live U2 in years. Bono's getting old, and it's raining on him. They've started with songs from the Berlin Achtung Baby period, which was IMHO their most interesting work.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    First time I've seen any live U2 in years. Bono's getting old, and it's raining on him. They've started with songs from the Berlin Achtung Baby period, which was IMHO their most interesting work.

Yeah, that and Zooropa I kinda liked, after that I went right off them.

What are they playing now, i'm still stuck with The God father!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

sudzs wrote: »
    Yeah, that and Zooropa I kinda liked, after that I went right off them.

What are they playing now, i'm still stuck with The God father!! :rolleyes:

One and Where the Streets Have No Name just finished with a cringing version of 'Jerusalem' sandwiched in between I must be the only Irishman who doesn't own or bought any of their albums i just never got the U2 bite in my teenage years i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Cracking greatest hit set so far, i will follow on now. Always thought u2 are much better as a simple four piece without the fancy stages and theyre proving that tonight again. good stuff so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Why do people insist on bring flags to these things. It ruins it for the majority in the crowd. The Download festival rightfully have banned them, hopefully more festival follow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Why do people insist on bring flags to these things. It ruins it for the majority in the crowd. The Download festival rightfully have banned them, hopefully more festival follow.

Not just people there, it was in the way of the cameras more than once. Last time I was at a big gig like that here security was actively getting girls down off the boyfriends shoulders too.

A lot of those flags are suspiciously similar... reminds me of the banners the rentacrowd used to have at Big Brother eviction nights. All painted in the same colour by the same hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,327 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Enjoying the Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree stuff so far!

Hope they dont ruin it and play any stuff post 'Zooropa'.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

sudzs wrote: »
    I loved The Vaccines! Can't think who they remind me of though.

Caught most of Morrissey, (I love him!!) thought he was a bit pissed off with a less than entheused crowd. He made some comment about them waiting for U2... didn't quite catch it.

And just got a bit of U2... *shudder* got as far as Bono mentioning Damien Hirst and that was enough. And mr. sudzs now insisting on watching The Godfather II untill U2 have left the building! :rolleyes:

BBC doing great coverage! I love being an aul wan watching it all from my sofa!! :D

And can't wait for Primal Scream!!

Id be a fan of the Vaccines alright but they remind you of a poor man's Ramones id guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was that Dr Evil who was orbitting Earth??

Id be a fan of the Vaccines alright but they remind you of a poor man's Ramones id guess.

That's who they reminded me of!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

U2 excellent so far. I never thought they would be any less...

They're blowing Coldplay off the stage already ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Wasn't sure how they would come across and they definitely were uncomfortable for the first 4 or 5 songs but they've hit their stride now and are putting on a show. I have to say I am impressed. Audience lapping them up and not just the hardcore at the front from what I see.

• Advertisement

The flags are a DISGRACE. I thought they were going to ban them ?

Advertisement