Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

This is just epic!

Not a big Bono fan, but in fairness, hes a great frontman, and puts a lot of effort in... ive seen some front men half his age just stand there and look angry/ bored /pissed off but hes been very energetic so far even though hes not a young man anymore... wont say any names though... **cough**Liam Gallagher**cough**
    Ally Dick wrote: »
    The flags are a DISGRACE. I thought they were going to ban them ?
    Are they not a Glasto tradition though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This is just epic!

Not a big Bono fan, but in fairness, hes a great frontman, and puts a lot of effort in... ive seen some front men half his age just stand there and look angry/ bored /pissed off but hes been very energetic so far even though hes not a young man anymore... wont say any names though... **cough**Liam Gallagher**cough**

Better than that Liam Gallagher unprofessional disrespectful gobsh!te alright, with a voice that gives in after about five songs !

Tradition my @rse. I would be fit to swing for someone if one of those big flags was in my way

Why is there a massive flag of a pokemon up the front...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,327 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This is just epic!

He had great things to say about you too Charlie, what with your tax exemption for artists ; )

• Advertisement

Why is there a massive flag of a pokemon up the front...

Something to do with Louis Walsh perhaps ? Poke-a-man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Very impressed, brilliant music regardless of what you think of them (him)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Poor version of sunday bloody sunday I thought. Bono looks very aged in the close ups especially around the eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rayjdav

This is what the real fans want, good decent music and not the tripe the have released in the last few albums.. Actung bbbbaaaaabbbbyyy lives on. My son is named after Joshua Tree.. That's when music was music.
    Impressed with performance, typically muted BBC toned down though.
    Bad bitching at the moment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Bono looks very aged in the close ups especially around the eyes.

that's coz you haven't seen his eyes for around 20 years, they've been aging unseen behind those wraparounds! ;)

I think the BBC coverage is immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Can't stand them. From the image to the names. Bono, the edge, ffs. These guys are in their fifties. Bono looking like a poor imitation of Arnie with the leathers and the sunglasses. The mans ego is stratospheric. Literally with the space station stuff.

F+ck off U2.

And they haven't written a good song since the Joshua Tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

U2, musically flat, lifeless performance. Only rabid fans could enjoy that. Off they go!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

wouldnt have thought myself to be the biggest U2 fan, but have a bit of there stuff in my collection......

have to say theyre playing a blinder, even the mother stayed up to watch it so far!! must be good so!

Heckler wrote: »
    Can't stand them. From the image to the names. Bono, the edge, ffs. These guys are in their fifties. Bono looking like a poor imitation of Arnie with the leathers and the sunglasses. The mans ego is stratospheric. Literally with the space station stuff.

F+ck off U2.
    100k+ audience of people in the rain seem to be loving it. So what if their in their fifties? As I said, they're more energetic and lively than most bands half their age. Id love to be there right now thats for sure :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Ah bad into new years day, terrific. So much better gig than their recent tours, this is what the crowd wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Top class stuff,Larry is one cool mother f**ker

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The VVVIP section at the side of the stage is pretty empty. Its usually jammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday.

A-ha:D

Larry looks bored outta his skull,jesus would it kill the man to smile?
    his drum kits not up to much either

• Advertisement

The VVVIP section at the side of the stage is pretty empty. Its usually jammers.
    Im guessing U2 didn't want a big crowd there.

Lovely to see U2 robbing a Coldplay song. Fantastic skullduggery !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think the whole covers thing is for U2 to tell every one that they do every thing better than everyone else*

*I think thats U2s opinion and not nearly mine.

U2, musically flat, lifeless performance. Only rabid fans could enjoy that. Off they go!

Very harsh criticism. Are you looking forward to wimpy Coldplay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭lily4

mollser wrote: »
    Ah bad into new years day, terrific. So much better gig than their recent tours, this is what the crowd wants!

Some cracking tunes all right !

I think the whole covers thing is for U2 to tell every one that they do every thing better than everyone else*

*I think thats U2s opinion and not nearly mine.

I tend to look at it as U2 being consummate entertainers. They are getting a bit of audience participation going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Did anyone notice he put the Irish flag on the amp the wrong way around :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Stop this 'Moment of Surrender' nonsense and play '40' you cnuts!!!! It's not going to catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

never been so bored watching glastonbury :mad:

• Advertisement

just pete wrote: »
    never been so bored watching glastonbury :mad:
    What would you prefer? Watch Beyonce or something? This is great music! Press the red button to watch Chase and Status or something!

Advertisement