Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Did anyone notice he put the Irish flag on the amp the wrong way around :o

He is trying to impress the country of his new tax haven - Ivory Coast

just pete wrote: »
    never been so bored watching glastonbury :mad:

You never liked U2 so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Did they play Vertigo? And if so, how did that go down, as surely that got massive crowd interaction and a good bit of light moshing going :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭moby2101

if you don't like them what the **** are u doing watching them?
    Confused?? Grow up &
    Get a ****ing life..QUOTEE=Mr. Presentable;72963077]U2, musically flat, lifeless performance. Only rabid fans could enjoy that. Off they go![/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Ally Dick wrote: »
    He is trying to impress the country of his new tax haven - Ivory Coast

Yeah, maybe if he spent more time here he'd know which way the flag is meant to fly :D

• Advertisement

Did they play Vertigo? And if so, how did that go down, as surely that got massive crowd interaction and a good bit of light moshing going :pac:

Went down well I thought. That Get On Yer Boots nonsense was shown for how bad a song it really was tonight. It got dragged into the light of day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Heckler wrote: »
    Can't stand them. From the image to the names. Bono, the edge, ffs. These guys are in their fifties. Bono looking like a poor imitation of Arnie with the leathers and the sunglasses. The mans ego is stratospheric. Literally with the space station stuff.

F+ck off U2.

And they haven't written a good song since the Joshua Tree.

You're right. They should abandon the names they've had since they were kids and suddenly insist that everyone call them Paul and Dave. They should also only play sit down gigs in Vicar Street and dress sensibly.

Nothing will ever touch the Irish ability to begrudge others success.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

What would you prefer? Watch Beyonce or something? This is great music! Press the red button to watch Chase and Status or something!

Will have to wait and see what sunday will bring,dont like her, dont like u2 but I think she will be better.

Beyonce won't disappoint. Americans don't leave things to chance. Expect a huge band, backing dancers etc. However, she will have to do something very special to top that performance by U2

On the red button on BBC currently is Chase and Status and Wu Tang Clan....

I cant wait for Chase at oxegen to be fair :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Beyonce won't disappoint. Americans don't leave things to chance. Expect a huge band, backing dancers etc. However, she will have to do something very special to top that performance by U2

yeah, get her tits out at the very least ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Did anyone notice he put the Irish flag on the amp the wrong way around :o

Camera obscura

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

never been so bored watching glastonbury :mad:

WTF were you looking at it for then?
    To come on here to bitch and moan it seems.

Personally i thought it was a pretty epic performance, no fancy backing singers or dancers, just 4 lads from Dublin rocking away,it was about music, love that music or hate it us Irish should be proud of what these lads have achieved and quit begrudging them.

maybe something exciting would happen :rolleyes:

just spotted the glastonbury thread when I opened boards.ie and had a read

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Dcully wrote: »

Personally i thought it was a pretty epic performance, no fancy backing singers or dancers, just 4 lads from Dublin rocking away,it was about music, love that music or hate it us Irish should be proud of what these lads have achieved and quit begrudging them.

AW SNAP!!!!!!:p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

jaysus begrudery here is hilarious, better performance than i was expecting and enjoyin it alot more than i thought i would

really looking forward to watchin janelle monae and chemical bros tomo, for anyone who is looking forward to watching beyonce take a look at monae first a far superior entertainer

chemical bros should be mental

Heckler wrote: »
    Can't stand them. From the image to the names. Bono, the edge, ffs. These guys are in their fifties. Bono looking like a poor imitation of Arnie with the leathers and the sunglasses. The mans ego is stratospheric. Literally with the space station stuff.

F+ck off U2.

And they haven't written a good song since the Joshua Tree.

I just have to lol at this , obviously hasnt got a clue what hes on about.
    Bitter much?
    Begrudge much?

Utterly laughable post!

chemical bros should be mental
    If you want to see mental, look at Chase and status who on right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Primal scream repeating the same line over and over with gospel choir, thats ****e. Yer man on bbc really seeking out a stick to beat u2 with, fk em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Dcully wrote: »

Jaysus, is it in the forum charter that you can only come on here and post positive comments?? :confused:

Ah yeah, salt of the earth lads... non resident, tax evading U2 PLC, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

sudzs wrote: »
    tax evading U2 PLC, :rolleyes:

can this be cleared up for me please, do U2 evade tax fully or do they like us pay tax for any work they do in ireland or like other "artists" get breaks.

If you want to see mental, look at Chase and status who on right now!

That it is!
    Not a fan of chase and status but looks like a super set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Spotlight Kid seem good so far, though I do wonder what kinda twerp decides to get a hair cut like the one sported by the guitarist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,327 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Is that Jimmy Page playing with Primal Scream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Not the biggest U2 fan in the world, but no one does audience participation like them. They really get the crowd involved, everyone singing along and really into it. I thought it was a good set. If you don't like them, you can go and watch someone else. That's the beauty of music festivals. For fans of U2 though, I think it was a great performance.

recyclops wrote: »
    can this be cleared up for me please, do U2 evade tax fully or do they like us pay tax for any work they do in ireland or like other "artists" get breaks.
    they didn't pay any tax in ireland on their ip under artist exemption, that got abolished so they pay a dribble in netherlands now rather than nil in ireland. Hypocritical from bono, but that's business

sudzs wrote: »
    Jaysus, is it in the forum charter that you can only come on here and post positive comments?? :confused:

Ofcourse not,just pretty pathetic to sit through something he/she obviously hates for two hours and then to come on to a message board to whine about how boring those two hours were. :rolleyes:

Ah yeah, salt of the earth lads... non resident, tax evading U2 PLC,

Jaysus your boring me to tears now ffs :rolleyes:

mollser wrote: »
    they didn't pay any tax in ireland on their ip under artist exemption, that got abolished so they pay a dribble in netherlands now rather than nil in ireland. Hypocritical from bono, but that's business

Would that not be Paul McGuinness or Ozzy Kilkenny's idea ?

• Advertisement

Any work they do in ireland, performances,pr the like would be taxed in full. Plenty of tax due!

Advertisement