Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Dcully wrote: »

Jaysus your boring me to tears now ffs :rolleyes:

Dry your eyes mate.... ;)

...so stressy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Blind Faith!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Christ Primal Scream looked on top form! WHY AREN'T THEY F UCKING PLAYING THE PICNIC!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Would that not be Paul McGuinness or Ozzy Kilkenny's idea ?
    yeah, more likely big 4 accountancy firm lol!

Why has this thread turned into a discussion on U2's business they did with they're money?! All of which we have heard many times before :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Christ Primal Scream looked on top form! WHY AREN'T THEY F UCKING PLAYING THE PICNIC!:mad:

Money would be the main reason they will go down like arcade fire did at oxegen last year id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Very harsh criticism. Are you looking forward to wimpy Coldplay ?

Christ no!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Larry is a grumpy sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Have to say Ive never been a U2 fan ......... and tonight didn't change that.

Dulux paints are cashing in ... they've just announced a new range of beige paints - available in U2, Coldplay and Snow Patrol shades ...

recyclops wrote: »
    Money would be the main reason they will go down like arcade fire did at oxegen last year id say.

Meaning? Not trying to nit-pick I genuinely don't know what your saying:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Why has this thread turned into a discussion on U2's business they did with they're money?! All of which we have heard many times before :rolleyes:

Because some people can see the hypocrisy and can't not bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Just seen the U2 Interview on BBC2 - Bono is really up his own bum but i suppose massive success, fame and fortune does that to a person.

Showing 'still haven't found what im looking for'... he made the crowd sing the first verse! reminds me of the lee mack joke about smug robbie williams..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMjb_7dc0YM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

RayCon wrote: »

Dulux paints are cashing in ... they've just announced a new range of beige paints - available in U2, Coldplay and Snow Patrol shades ...

So alternative!

Two Door Cinema Club giving it socks on the red button ATM!!

Meaning? Not trying to nit-pick I genuinely don't know what your saying:D

having seen arcade fire a fair few times and twice at oxegen its a case of horses for courses and some bands are made for oxegen and now (insert number here) albums and others arent, id put primal scream in the latter and the atmosphere wont be as good as it would be if they played electric picnic, my opinion is all, glad im goin to benicassim and il see primal scream there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Cee Lo Green playing a Violent Femmes song! :D

recyclops wrote: »
    having seen arcade fire a fair few times and twice at oxegen its a case of horses for courses and some bands are made for oxegen and now (insert number here) albums and others arent, id put primal scream in the latter and the atmosphere wont be as good as it would be if they played electric picnic, my opinion is all, glad im goin to benicassim and il see primal scream there

Totally agree, they will be amazing at Bencassim! Going on stage at like 2:45 am aren't they?

Two Door Cinema Club giving it socks on the red button ATM!!

Good to see Irish lads doing well.

I agree with Snore Patrol and Coldplay but not U2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Cee-Lo is just so good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

sudzs wrote: »
    Because some people can see the hypocrisy and can't not bring it up.

Thankfully most can bring it up at a pertinent time. They've just played an excellent set at the biggest festival in the world (which I didn't expect), so lets focus on the business aspect of their operations?

Big whoop. Someone like Denis O'Brien receives a fraction of the attention despite paying next to no tax in this country. But it's more fun to kick U2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,326 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Jimmy Page playing with Primal Scream?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

haha, that's funny.

I agree and i don't agree. I agree that the music sits with your comments but they are good at what they do and especially when doing it live.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Jimmy Page playing with Primal Scream?

Could be Andrew Innes. He has the grey hair as well and looks not unlike Mr Page

Totally agree, they will be amazing at Bencassim! Going on stage at like 2:45 am aren't they?

id say it'll be around that as most of the headliners/ big acts are in the wee hours of the morning my first time at a foreign festival really unsure what to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

C lo its on fire. wouldn't like to smell the costume when he's finished mind

All of Morrissey's set now on Youtube.

Cee-Lo is just so good.

A great performer alright. Made a big effort

mollser wrote: »
    C lo its on fire. wouldn't like to smell the costume when he's finished mind

I wouldn't like to have to pick up his dirty underwear, or walk into a jacks cubicle after he has finished in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

A great performer alright. Made a big effort

Indeed. It's a great album, and his work with Danger Mouse is brilliant too, as most of us already know. Great to see him up there giving it some. One of the best voices in music right now.

Blind Faith is a savage song, on a separate note.

Advertisement