Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

erm, if Bono is on stage with Coldplay - who exactly is minding Africa ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Rte could do the coverage like bbc do for oxygen. BBc coverage has just been great like every other year

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Was a Bit MEH about Em beforehand but Coldplay were AWESOME!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone know how do you get a job putting the stages, lighting etc together. Would be a nice too job too have getting too travel around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Watching a bit of Coldplay. I just can't stop thinking - How did they get this big?! They make pleasant enough music I suppose. Chewing gum for the ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

cashback wrote: »
    Watching a bit of Coldplay. I just can't stop thinking - How did they get this big?! They make pleasant enough music I suppose. Chewing gum for the ears.

No thanks Ted, Ive got these crisps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

No thanks Ted, Ive got these crisps.
    I take a cheese and onion one and a salt and vinegar one, and I eat them in the same go.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

cena wrote: »
    Rte could do the coverage like bbc do for oxygen. BBc coverage has just been great like every other year

RTE would make a balls of it, and then the add breaks every 15mins :rolleyes:

As for Working with stages/lighting crews etc. its a tough life not as fun as you might imagine. I have a link to a tent company that supply all the huge tents to festivals if you would be interested in that type of work. I know they were hiring recently.
    Pm me if you are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

Coldplay done a super job

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sidelines

Wow Janelle Monae, am seriously impressed, always thought she was just being hyped up by media but performance is great and the band are up for it also, great voice and great group performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

cena wrote: »

BBC's technical coverage is excellent.
    However their presenters are another story.
    They are appallingly vacuous,odious,charmless and ignorant plonkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Holy fook - Chemical Brothers looked unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Enjoying watching Glastonbury on tv but has there been a Jimi Hendrix Star Spangled Banner moment? All nice conventional or else unconventional in the conventional way. Any band actually say something?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

RayCon wrote: »
    News flash - there are people who think U2's music - all of it - is boring.

DEMOT1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Tosh ...

The thing I hate most about U2 is the fact that you're not allowed to genuinely dislike them without being accused of begrudgery, or being a "hipster" (whatever the **** that is) or hearing "typical Irish - hating their own" crap.

News flash - there are people who think U2's music - all of it - is boring.

That is fair enough but that card is always played by idiots who then go OTT with their criticism. If you dislike a band then ignore them, but Irish people in particular seem compelled to voice their dislike of U2.

Proven by this comment..

Ya roight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

There are still Janelle Monae tickets available for her Tripod show next Wednesday for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

BBC's technical coverage is excellent.
    However their presenters are another story.
    They are appallingly vacuous,odious,charmless and ignorant plonkers.

all of them? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

jank wrote: »
    Irish people in particular seem compelled to voice their dislike of U2.

Proven by this comment..

"Bono/ Coldplay Africa blah blah ..."

Ya roight!

Hardly a stinging criticism ..... more a mere predictable joke ... relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

50 year old found dead in portaloo backstage. So it said on sky news anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

fryup wrote: »
    all of them? :cool:

Pretty much yes.
    Jo Whiley,Zane Lowe,Fearne Cotton,Edith Bowman are all up their own arses .
    They seem to think people are primarily tuning in to watch them and not the bands.
    Thankfully there is the option of the interactive streams so one doesnt have to listen to their drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Are QOTSA going to be on live on any channel later? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

cashback wrote: »
    Just been watching Janelle Monae. Bloody hell what a performer! Wish I had been there to see it.
    SteM wrote: »
    There are still Janelle Monae tickets available for her Tripod show next Wednesday for anyone interested.

She was good at Electric Picnic last year but I thought that was another level last night. Phenomenal.
    Not just her either but everyone on stage put on a great show. Anyone that watched that would have to be tempted buy tickets to see her.

He wasn't on stage with them was he?

Anyway, anyone see the interview afterwards? They asked a question about the weather & the sun coming out.
    Chris Martin replied "I asked Bono to have a word with God". Very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Thought it was a bit strange that Big Boi didn't come on to perform Tightrope with Janelle considering he was next up after her on the same stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

How bad are Glasvegas ? Can somebody please explain to me their appeal ? The lead vocalist is shockingly poor. It's like bagpipe music without the bagpipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

sidelines wrote: »
    Wow Janelle Monae, am seriously impressed, always thought she was just being hyped up by media but performance is great and the band are up for it also, great voice and great group performance.

She was amazing, and that cute little running on the spot dance! :D

She's playing in Galway tomorrow night, i wonder is she bringing the full band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Plan B is fairly terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

baz2009 wrote: »
    Plan B is fairly terrible.
    Dull is the word i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Does anybody know if kids pay full price, 'cos there's an annoying little prick tearing around the Pussy Parlure here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Are QOTSA going to be on live on any channel later? Cheers.

BBC 3 at 22.45

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Have to say it looks like a lovely day there. I'd probably be more interested in staring at the sky than Pendulum though.

Advertisement