Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

baz2009 wrote: »
    Plan B is fairly terrible.

He's a poor version of Smokey Robinson

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

She was amazing, and that cute little running on the spot dance! :D

A very sexy woman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Jimmy eat world must be one of the great underrated bands. just watched a cracking set by them there, huge crowd as well, but they never get any publicity. How plan b and glasvegas get so much is beyond me, utter tripe.

great festival this year, can't wait for the reading coverage now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think Beyonce pretty much sums up what Glastonbury has become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Beyonce is class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

was hoping they'd leave the backing track at home..............

(saw Bryan Adams in the 02 on Thursday and there was no dancers b/s, no costume changes,...........just 2 hours of solid music with 5 guys on the stage and just the instruments)......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

it's meant to be a rock festival is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

What is going on with Glastonbury and this years Sunday headline act? After a weekend of switching between the BBC channels to watch True Musicians I have turned it off as I cannot watch that Muck.:mad:

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Beyonce is class!

Hope the prerecorded CD dont skip!

promethius wrote: »

Ir was till 5 minutes ago!

• Advertisement

Hope the prerecorded CD dont skip!

I guarantee she will put on some show.

Ir was till 5 minutes ago!

Stevie Wonder, Jay Z, Gorillaz, Kylie Minogue (had to pull out), Basement Jaxx, all headlines within the last six years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

Yes, a show of contrived synchronised dancing, over pre-recorded music littered with unrecognised samples, and various unashamed displays of ostentatious wealth and celebrity.

That's what Glastonbury is all about, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

promethius wrote: »

Glastonbury abondoned rock years ago. On the main stages, last year i think Slash was the only rock act and this year they had U2 and biffy clyro, thats it. I like they way they throw random acts in but its more non rock than actual rock now a days.

I think Beyonce is great at what she does but it aint a rock festival if she is headlining.

It`s not that I dislike the Woman but it aint for RnB/Rap . Probably getting old!!!

Yes, a show of contrived synchronised dancing, over pre-recorded music littered with unrecognised samples, and various unashamed displays of ostentatious wealth and celebrity.

That's what Glastonbury is all about, isn't it?

:rolleyes:

Who would you have had headline in her place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Aye....... she's a top performer alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Stevie Wonder, Jay Z, Gorillaz, Kylie Minogue (had to pull out), Basement Jaxx, all headlines within the last six years!

Bono - Chris Martin - Beyonce
    I think Beyonce will outdo Bono on the Bullcrap talking contest. She will also out do both on dancing and most number of sequins.

On the positive side for any of the blokes still left there the place will be swimming in punani.

All Great apart from Jay Z/ Kylie.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Really excited to see QOTSA on BBC. Anyone who is at Glastonbury and goes to Beyonce when Queens are playing seriously need to re-evaluate their lives.

• Advertisement

I wish I was there now.....with a rifle.

:rolleyes:

Who would you have had headline in her place?

A band maybe.

All Great apart from Jay Z/ Kylie.

And none play 'rock' music, which disproves your point that Glastonbury is an exclusively rock festival.

Anybody see my earplugs,Missus has just turned up the Volume.:mad:Just to annoy me.

A band maybe.

I notice you didn't name a specific one, can't think of anyone more suitable?;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

beyonce is a good singer and dancer but watching dumb teenage girls sing sing "put a finger on it" as they show their ring fingers or beyone urging the females in the audience show the men the dismissive "talk to the hand" gesture is everything Glastonbury should not be in my view

a lot of great bands still play the festival but pop acts are now headlining and there is no doubt the festival has lost a lot of credibility in recent years

She is a grade A a*sehole.

"Glastonbury is her dream come true"

She never heard of it until her moronic boyfriend somehow got on the bill a couple of years ago.

I really, really wish she was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

aw man - would Noel Gallagher get a bloody album out and headline next year please!

I notice you didn't name a specific one, can't think of anyone more suitable?;)

ANY band.

She shouldn't be there, end of story. They have sold out big time.

They might as well get a sponsor next time, because they have lost every ounce of credibility putting this fat-assed moron on tonight.

• Advertisement

She is a grade A a*sehole.

"Glastonbury is her dream come true"

She never heard of it until her moronic boyfriend somehow got on the bill a couple of years ago.

I really, really wish she was dead.

Christ almighty, how much of a miserable f uck are you? Just don't watch it if it bothers you that much, my God why get so upset over something on the television?

Advertisement