Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Plan B is rocking the house :pac:

Seriously, this festival used to be fantastic to watch :(

it is, when youre there. last year was fab, bbc showed none of the fab bits tho(IMHO), and i found 20 quid on the last day. bbc didnt show that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Eels were great (and were given surprisingly good coverage on the red button).

Thought it was pretty cool that the OK Go singer got someone from the crowd to come up and play guitar for half a song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

You could tell of his uncomfortableness before the she played.
    I'm not a fan of QOTSA but they should have been headliners. Beyonce Knowles was karaoke...a sham and a disgrace. I would have preferred Sonny Knowles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Plan B is just poxy. His voice is nowhere near strong enough for the big stage. The whole suit gimmick is just terrible too, its the middle of summer not a cloud in the sky and there's Plan running around in a suit sweating his bollox off. It's not cool looking just forced and twatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

milehip1 wrote: »
    Brother's dead, aint he?

No JT Taylor is still alive. Probably got sick of singing Celebration and all of that oul b@llocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

I cant get over people giving out so much about who is headlining on the sunday evening of glastonbury.

Ive been three times myself, all three years on the pyramid it was a classic performer, like your james browns, rod stewarts etc... followed up by a major pop star - its just how they do it.

There are something like 80 stages at glastonbury - the bbc are in about 8 at the most.. You are seeing one aspect of the festival watching the coverage on BBC.

I personally think she is doing a good job - Its good for the festival to have performers like her and Jay-Z perform - its a good novelty - they are very good performers - and a little bit of googling would show you the calibre of musicians that are in their bands. They would wipe the floor with any band you could think of..

Glastonbury is not a rock/indie festival.. Its a festival of the arts (thats its full title) that is all types of music - not just what you like. Get off your pseudo-muso high horses...

I'm not a fan of QOTSA but they should have been headliners. Beyonce Knowles was karaoke...a sham and a disgrace. I would have preferred Sonny Knowles.

You know nothing about music.. And nobody cares what you think.. I am a queens fan, and I know they couldnt hold a two hour set to 170,000 people

Plan B is just poxy. His voice is nowhere near strong enough for the big stage. The whole suit gimmick is just terrible too, its the middle of summer not a cloud in the sky and there's Plan running around in a suit sweating his bollox off. It's not cool looking just forced and twatty.

He's planning a flick that'll make The Long Good Friday look like a picnic. The suit, the Strickland banks persona etc are all part of that image of his character for the upcoming film. Then why the ridiculous wimpy girly voice ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Yer man from Pendulum is playing Guitar Hero on stage!! :D

To be fair to Beyonce she entertained the crowd and they seemed to have a good time. I was watching Paul Simon earlier on who'd be held in much higher esteem i suppose and the crowd looked bored out of their minds.

• Advertisement

bullsh1t....beyonce has nothing to contribute....she sang half a dozen covers, never mind 'her' songs, written by a team of six. She is not an artist, she is a session singer with a record producer dad. She has no place at glastonbury. Anyone who thinks she does is retarded.

I would have preferred Sonny Knowles.

Ha ha ha. I could imagine the reception that "Dublin can be heaven, with coffee at eleven" would get in a packed auditorium with lasers and fireworks going off

bullsh1t....beyonce has nothing to contribute....she sang half a dozen covers, never mind 'her' songs, written by a team of six. She is not an artist, she is a session singer with a record producer dad. She has no place at glastonbury. Anyone who thinks she does is retarded.

Sorry, I must have missed that shot of beyonces dad pressing play on his discman...

Ally Dick wrote: »
    He's planning a flick that'll make The Long Good Friday look like a picnic. The suit, the Strickland banks persona etc are all part of that image of his character for the upcoming film. Then why the ridiculous wimpy girly voice ? :confused:

doesnt mean itll be good tho.

maybe hes the new danny dyer....*cringe*

novarock wrote: »
    You know nothing about music.. And nobody cares what you think.. I am a queen
    You said it, go to bed...school in the morning.

You said it, go to bed...school in the morning.

hilarious...

Exactly what i thought when he first came out with his new image.

Ha ha ha. I could imagine the reception that "Dublin can be heaven, with coffee at eleven" would get in a packed auditorium with lasers and fireworks going off
    That would have been class!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No more posts about someone not knowing anything about music, or saying that someone is retarded for thinking x artsist isn't allowed at glasto or just being a dick in general. Play nice folks.

If you are such an authority on Glastonbury why aren't you at it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Pendulum are class

doesnt mean itll be good tho.

maybe hes the new danny dyer....*cringe*

He played a thug in Harry Brown with Michael Caine. He was decent enough in it from what I can remember. His next flick is going to be that Strickland Banks one I reckon. I don't understand though where the soulboy image fits in really....Dyer is a cinema prostitute. He'll appear in anything. He has only made one or two decent flims among a vast catalogue of gangster rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

No JT Taylor is still alive. Probably got sick of singing Celebration and all of that oul b@llocks

Probably or maybe the rest of the gang didnt invest thier money as wisely.

It is a feel good classic tho ,and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous of them(the crowd)

If you are such an authority on Glastonbury why aren't you at it?
    i'm saving for a human faeces sniper rifle for beyonce's next tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

This was the full Queens set list.

1.Feel Good Hit Of The Summer
    2.Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret
    3.Millionaire
    4.Burn The Witch
    5.Tangled Up In Plaid
    6.Better Living Through Chemistry
    7.Make It Wit Chu
    8.Little Sister
    9.Fun Machine Took A **** & Died (:D)
    10.3's and 7's
    11.First It Giveth
    12.Go With The Flow
    13.No One Knows
    14.Song For The Dead

"Extended highlights from Queens of the Stone Age at Glastonbury 2011" on BBC Radio 6 tomorrow at 10.45pm. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_6music/20110627

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Really loving Hurts atm...

AG2R wrote: »
    Pendulum are class

poor mans prodigy

milehip1 wrote: »
    Probably or maybe the rest of the gang didnt invest thier money as wisely.

It is a feel good classic tho ,and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous of them(the crowd)

After watching them perform Cherish and Get Down On It, I have to say, they put on a decent show and the crowd were well into it. For bonus marks - Kool is the bassist....

This was the full Queens set list.

1.Feel Good Hit Of The Summer
    2.Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret
    3.Millionaire
    4.Burn The Witch
    5.Tangled Up In Plaid
    6.Better Living Through Chemistry
    7.Make It Wit Chu
    8.Little Sister
    9.Fun Machine Took A **** & Died (:D)
    10.3's and 7's
    11.First It Giveth
    12.Go With The Flow
    13.No One Knows
    14.Song For The Dead

Disappointing that "Everyone Knows That You're Insane" was not there. "3's and 7's" is ace though as is "Go With The Flow"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

To be fair to Beyonce she entertained the crowd and they seemed to have a good time. I was watching Paul Simon earlier on who'd be held in much higher esteem i suppose and the crowd looked bored out of their minds.

In fairness to Paul , she's a much better dancer and looks a lot more fetching in a leotard.(probably)

Advertisement