Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Ally Dick wrote: »
    He played a thug in Harry Brown with Michael Caine. He was decent enough in it from what I can remember. His next flick is going to be that Strickland Banks one I reckon. I don't understand though where the soulboy image fits in really....Dyer is a cinema prostitute. He'll appear in anything. He has only made one or two decent flims among a vast catalogue of gangster rubbish

i didnt like harry brown, it was ok but was a bit silly and thought michael caine was just putting his name on it for a top up in his pension.

think i remember him now...meh...theres only one decent brit wigger for me and thats mike skinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Zane Lowe making a swift exit before Beyonce enters :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

fair play to zane lowe..his job is probably under threat over it, but he's dead right to speak his mind about beyonce's disgraceful appearance....kudos to him for it

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

fair play to zane lowe..his job is probably under threat over it, but he's dead right to speak his mind about beyonce's disgraceful appearance....kudos to him for it

what he say?

BEyonCe in Glasto drugs shocker:eek:

• Advertisement

he's made it clear that he thinks her being on the bill is wrong

she should be put down.....glastonbury crowd consisted of idiotic women and gays tonight....i thought there was a gays fancy dress parade on this weekend? Was the pyramid stage the last stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

she should be put down.....glastonbury crowd consisted of idiotic women and gays tonight....i thought there was a gays fancy dress parade on this weekend? Was the pyramid stage the last stop?

Let it go, man, let it go.

Holy siht spoilt for choice now
    TV on the Radio
    Kool&the gang
    QOTSA
    and some unsigned noise rock band Vessels
    sucks not being able to record on the redbutton

And as far as I know every day is gay fancy dress day.

It's what they do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah here, i'll take Beyonce doing "Sex on Fire" over the Kings Of Leon any day of the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

jo whiley

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah here, i'll take Beyonce doing "Sex on Fire" over the Kings Of Leon any day of the week :D

In all fairnss to them Foliwell lads,shes a better dancer and looks better in a leotard.(definately)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sure whats the big deal with Beyonce headling? She is on the biggest names in Pop. All Zane low could have said was "Beyonce isnt really my thing but i checked out QOTSA instead". Personally i think Zane is a terrible host (along with Jo Whiley)

Now Beyonce is not really my thing but if i get the chance at Oxegen i will try catch some of her set she knows how to put on a show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Dont get how people can get so worked up about a festival they werent even at. the suggestion that QOTSA should have headlined is daft, the pyramid needs a headline act that will draw a massive crowd in order to stop overcrowding at the other stages. With the exception of the park surprise acts, glastonbury generally manages quite well at spreading demand across stages so you dont end up with 100,000 trying to see someone on the other stage. Thats why you put the timeslots biggest draw on the biggest stage. Dont like beyonce? Go see qotsa\streets\kool\pete tong\suzanne vega etc. Or if youre watching on bbc, change channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Personally i think Zane is a terrible host

Yep!!!! Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Would anyone else like to **** Jo Whiley?? goood n hard?

longshanks wrote: »
    Would anyone else like to **** Jo Whiley?? goood n hard?

tek a number git in line cowboy!

I assume you're talking about sexytimes right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

ceegee wrote: »
    Dont get how people can get so worked up about a festival they werent even at. the suggestion that QOTSA should have headlined is daft, the pyramid needs a headline act that will draw a massive crowd in order to stop overcrowding at the other stages. With the exception of the park surprise acts, glastonbury generally manages quite well at spreading demand across stages so you dont end up with 100,000 trying to see someone on the other stage. Thats why you put the timeslots biggest draw on the biggest stage. Dont like beyonce? Go see qotsa\streets\kool\pete tong\suzanne vega etc. Or if youre watching on bbc, change channel
    Im not a big fan of Beyonce or QOTSA for that matter, more of a dance head myself, but I have to agree 100% with this post. The most level headed and sensible post ive read this night. All you people complaining about Beyonce headlining, just give over will you. This festival is there to make money, not to entertain the small percentage of angry elitist rock fans. If you were at Glastonbury and didnt like Beyonce, simple, you didn't go to it, you went to a dance act, QOTSA, KATG etc. QOTSA are NOT big enough to headline the pyramid stage. End of. Dont even TRY to say otherwise. Beyonce is the biggest solo artist in the world ATM, and was probably a big draw this year, possibly the biggest.

I doubt people stood in the crowd watching beyonce complaining like miserable sods. Why couldnt you people watching on BBC then do the same? JUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!! If you cared that much about it, why aren't you there?

Some people here really are miserable gits... jesus, you need to get out more if your that affected about a festivals head liners THAT YOUR NOT EVEN AT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

Yeah, Jo Whiley's still hot. Annoying, though. She has about 10 kid as well. So, em, 'down there' would probably be like a hippo's yawn.

Don't mean to be vulgar, just sayin'.

• Advertisement

Also, Zane Lowe is another dull fúcker, really needs to lighten up. Getting paid to be a VIP at Glastonbury? Motherfúcker.

Also, where were all you "real rock fans" when U2 were headlining? This thread was fairly empty then, apart from a few of us posting, compared to tonight, seemed a lot of you just came on here tonight to complain about beyonce headlining :rolleyes:

Chase and Status seemed like act of the weekend for me going by what BBC showed, apart from the head liners obviously.

feck me mark whatshisname seems slighty pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Also, Zane Lowe is another dull fúcker, really needs to lighten up. Getting paid to be a VIP at Glastonbury? Motherfúcker.

Also, where were all you "real rock fans" when U2 were headlining? This thread was fairly empty then, apart from a few of us posting, compared to tonight, seemed a lot of you just came on here tonight to complain about beyonce headlining :rolleyes:

Chase and Status seemed like act of the weekend for me going by what BBC showed, apart from the head liners obviously.

I'd guess most people were out when U2 were playing.

And I actually like Zane Lowe. Fair fcuks for daring to voice an opinion.

I'd guess most people were out when U2 were playing.

And I actually like Zane Lowe. Fair fcuks for daring to voice an opinion.
    I dont mind that, but he could show a bit of enthusiasm when presenting. I like his radio show, but it even looked like Lauren Laverne was trying to get him to lighten up and be more excited at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Sure whats the big deal with Beyonce headling? She is on the biggest names in Pop. All Zane low could have said was "Beyonce isnt really my thing but i checked out QOTSA instead". Personally i think Zane is a terrible host (along with Jo Whiley)

Now Beyonce is not really my thing but if i get the chance at Oxegen i will try catch some of her set she knows how to put on a show

Zane Lowe is an awful pain in the hole, alright. The f*cker has such an ego, he acts as if those he's interviewing should be honoured to be in his presence and listen to his banal thoughts.
    I'm by no means a big Beyonce fan but the bit of her set i saw to tonight looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

im totally obsessed with Ed Sheeran since I heard him on Friday night
    here's the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6qcextXzR0

Did anyone see that dude swallowing/deep throating the balloon last night? :eek:

Barf...

Thought Zane Lowe was gonna barf too! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

WHAT DID ZANE LOWE DO! :O

callaway92 wrote: »
    WHAT DID ZANE LOWE DO! :O
    Basically gave more than a hint to that he didn't think it was right that Beyonce was headlining. Probably the real reason as to why he didn't stick around to interview her.

• Advertisement

He just had this 'look' on his face and he backed away from the guy. It was one of those really long ballonns that they use to make balloon animals. When it was half way down, he poked his throat and you could see the outline of the balloon. It turned my stomach, but I'm a wuss...

Advertisement