Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is the open university good for any courses such as receptionist or secretary

• 01-09-2010 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi as above said ,I find the website confusing and wondering if there is any courses on these ? and are they expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

I don't think Open University would have any suitable courses for office admin/receptionist. You would probably be better off with a non-distance learning course as a lot of office skills couldn't be taught by distance.

I don't know where you are based or if you are available for full-time study but I just googled "office admin courses" and there are several good options coming up for short or long courses in Ireland. FAS do an office admin traineeship, Rathmines college do a one-year certificate and DBS do a one-year evening diploma, which could later be used as credit towards a Business degree if you want to move on in that direction.

Long story short, OU don't have any really suitable courses and they are very expensive (as they don't receive subsidies from the government for non-UK students you would pay very high fees). There are lots of good options in Ireland. Best of luck with your choice! I work in office admin so feel free to send me a pm if you need any advice!

Advertisement