Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the story with going to england for a shoot???

Options
  • 01-09-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

as the title says has anyone gone to england for a clay shoot??
    if so what do you need to do to legally take your gun over there? im assuming that the gun licence only covers you to carry a firearm in the ROI??

i have been asked to go over for a shoot but wonder if it is alot of bother paperwork wise if its worth going?

thanks in advance

james:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Irish Springer

Hey James its pretty straight forward but will take approx 3 weeks to get paperwork back.
    First you need to get a euro pass u can get it from you FO.
    Then you need to contact CPSA in uk they act as your sponsor, you fill in the form they send you and post back with a payment of £25 and with Euro pass attached
    3 weeks later the police over there send back a visitors permit with your europass stamped also and thats you ready to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 boardie29

First of all you need to go to your local garda station and apply for a european firearms pass (this is like a passport for your gun with your photo on it) oce your get that processed your will need to download the UK Visitors Permit and send that over with your europass to the uk to get the permit procesed and then it will be posted back to you. Ive only ever traveled to clay shoots so my sponsor was the cpsa in the uk but i think you could use your friends name, hope this information was of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭james4510

thanks for that. that was an easy one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

boardie29 wrote: »
    go to your local garda station and apply for a european firearms pass .
    how much does this cost ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

whydave wrote: »
    how much does this cost ?

FREE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

The NASRPC Newsletter had two articles on this a while ago

In Issue 4 was the first part which largely covered travelling by Air and in Issue 5 there was a follow up on travelling by ferry.

May be of some help.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

If your going by ferry you may need a visitors pass for the North aswell..
    Im heading to Scotland with the rifle on the ferry later this year and need to get a visitors pass to get the ferry from Belfast..

If your going by ferry...Give the PSNI a call...Thats what I did and they set me straight..

dwighet wrote: »
    If your going by ferry you may need a visitors pass for the North aswell..
    Im heading to Scotland with the rifle on the ferry later this year and need to get a visitors pass to get the ferry from Belfast..

If your going by ferry...Give the PSNI a call...Thats what I did and they set me straight..

You'd think being a semi Pomme you'd be allowed into the UK without asking

A little DRY Irish humor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

You'd think being a semi Pomme you'd be allowed into the UK without asking

A little DRY Irish humor ;)

very dry...now lift your chin and give yourself an uppercut;)

very dry...now lift your chin and give yourself an uppercut;)

i've several family members buried over there. Oz always had a magical attraction to me as a kid.

my great granduncle died in a gold mine in oz, I've a grand aunt who died and is buried in a convent over there. and my Uncle was drowned over there in the 80's.

i may slag oz, i still would love to live there ;0

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

......now lift your chin and give yourself an uppercut;)

Brilliant ..................... :D LOL :D

I've used this before, but if ever there was a need for a good "PIMP Slap" this would be it....................

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement