Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk:coleman@large debate

Options
  • 01-09-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Anyone catch the Coleman at large show on Newstalk yesterday? Topic was Anglo/media/emmigration. Guests of the show were Carol Hunt from the Sunday Independent, Seamus Dooley from the NUJ, Senator Mary White from Fianna Fáil and John McGuirk PR consultant. Now I know everyone is bored off their holes from this but my jaw dropped at the responses of the clueless dullard senator White. I nearly crashed the car several times shouting at the radio. She went on to blame the media for talking down the economy (so 2007 dear), Argue that bailing out anglo was the best option even though they had no idea how much it would cost :eek: the worst one though by far was her attitude towards emmigration. went along the lines of, if you dont have a job emmigrate, itll be wonderfull!:mad: This nearly started WW3 in the studio and Im guessing John McGuirk had to be physcally restrained from putting his boot through her face :pac: I mean my God, she was on another planet spewing out the same FF waffle weve heard since since 2008 and every rebuke she had to the other guests comments were just mindblowingly weak. skip to 25 minutes in for the start of the debate: http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/174/tuesday/1/popup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Any radio show appearance of Mary Whites that I have heard, has always ended with the presenter reading out a barrage of irate texts and emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Rubik. wrote: »
    Any radio show appearance of Mary Whites that I have heard, has always ended with the presenter reading out a barrage of irate texts and emails.

I think everyone has guessed why some of the Greens didn't want to rotate her into a government role. She is actually a Green TD not FF and a junior minister too.

I thought Carol Hunt was nearly her equal, I was preparing to pack my bag to leave the country for Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Cheers, Yerman, Ill tune in later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Corsendonk wrote: »
    I think everyone has guessed why some of the Greens didn't want to rotate her into a government role. She is actually a Green TD not FF and a junior minister too.

Specsavers is that a way;)
    It's Senator Mary White of Fianna Fail that they're talking about.

My one abiding memory of the senator is when he accused an FF colleague of bullying her. Now how Sen White could be bullied is beyond me:eek:
    She refused to name the so called bully.

http://www.fiannafail.ie/people/mary-white/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Ahh the Lir Chocolates one

Yeah heard she is a fruitcake outside politics so no surprise there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement