Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suspended claim

• 01-09-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭

ok,went in to sign on yesterday and was told my claim was suspended! i had gone in last week explaining that i was after moving and had a new address but it was in same area so didnt need to move offices or anything like that. was told lease wasnt good enough but since it was still in the same district to not worry about it,whenever i get a bill just bring that in.

so went in yesterday to sign on,went to see why and of coarse it wasabout they couldnt prove that i lived at the last address as they had sent out a letter to me after me going in and trying to give them my new address! so i went yesterday evening and got my new landlord to sign a note saying i was living at this new address,his phone all details included and brought my new lease with me again and after much talking and explaining i was told my claim is back open and the money will be in the post office on monday so im just wondering if i will still get my dole payment from this week along with next weeks aswell or is it going to skip this week!? this wasnt made clear at all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

You should get the money for this week and next week together.

If its not there return to the local office, but wait until after you check the PO/bank before going in.

Surprised the SWO wouldn't take the Lease, as i always thought that was an accepted form of Proof of Address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

A Lease is acceptable proof

Evidence of address

You may be asked to show evidence of your address. You should bring any of the following documents:

* Recent bills from utility companies such as electricity, telephone (landline or mobile), gas, cable television, waste charges etc.
    * Recent statements/letters from banks, building societies, credit unions, credit card companies or other financial institutions
    * Recent letters addressed to you from insurance companies, local authorities, government departments or the Revenue Commissioners
    * Local authority rent book, mortgage or leasing agreement.

Note: a recent document is one issued within the last 2 months. All documents must be originals, not photocopies.

If there is doubt about your address, the Jobseeker's Allowance claim is not awarded for payment until your address is verified.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/References/checklists/applying-for-jobseeker-s-allowance-checklist

Advertisement